Fuck you money

Fuck you money

So I've recently come into some cash.After years of hating apple I've decided to actually get one.

Is pic related a good start?

Attached: Screenshot_20180408-215838.jpg (1080x1920, 459K)

Other urls found in this thread:

9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just get a rope... and then neck yourself.

>unironically ever buying Apple
consider suicide

>apple shill thread
Sage, report and hide.

>buying a Mac
>ever
Did a girl make fun of your laptop?

yes, but don't ask on Jow Forums, they barely can get out of soyboy uni without any income

If you going to drop 1500 on a macbook air why not just buy the newest pro?

I'm considering the pro, have a 2.5k computer budget. I was like Jow Forums for the longest time till I had to work with creatives. For some reason they swear by apple. I figured it's finally time to find out why.

>1.8 ghz

is this for real

Buy the real deal, OP.
Pic related, me last holiday season

Attached: >being poor.jpg (1025x965, 144K)

Not bad, not bad at all. What made you go balls deep into it though?

Get the 12" Macbook or the Macbook Pro, the Air is outdated.

Well enjoy your decade year old display user. Seriously my 2010 MacBook Pro had the same display.

Creative professionals would only be using Pros anyway because the Air is too slow for that.

A lot of professionals are switching to PC anyway. Get a decent PC for the same price. Maybe a Dell XPS?

>Dell XPS
*deafening coilwhine*

never seen a low power notebook before? my Asus Zenbook has a quad core 800Mhz CPU which does surprisingly well

Get previous pro mode instead, shouldn't cost much more but at least you will have a decent screen and all the ports you need, Air's screen is fucking old and it has no ports. Or if you want pro then wait for next refresh (there might be lots of new shit).

t. mid 2012 owner

No, buy a thinkbook

No ports?

if I shell out that much I'd want it to be able to do something as well.

No.
Get a new/used Chinkpad x260 or x270

Oh, for some reason I thought it had 1 port. On a second thought even current 13 inch pro is just 300$ with much better screen and better CPU (official prices dunno in your country). So if you are "tight" on budget then either previous (if you need ports and can't stand new keyboard that I barely would) or current year 13 pro. Idk who the fuck would get an Air nowadays or why apple still didn't phase it out.

Go for sex-change surgery next time: less money, same result.

This is actually solid advice either way. Thanks Jow Forums

Everything is USD

Get T430, pop 45W i7 in. Change display to Alienware AUO.
Cheaper and faster. Lots of ports, supports eGPU, dock, 2x 9 cell batteries.

professional build quality and materials.
software fine tuned and optimized for the hardware at hand.
Superior screens.
Unrivaled touchpad.
Applecare.
Lightweight, thin, perfect form factor.

i really dont suggest getting an air unless you have to.

Not anymore.

you go with what suits your needs. the zenbook wasn't particularly pricy, suits my work needs perfectly and battery lasts like 10 hours. luckily my work doesn't involve graphic design, 3d modelling, video editing, or playing games.

Wow, sure is shilly in here.

Attached: macshills.jpg (4500x3000, 1.6M)

>3 million posts ago

There are shills, I won't deny it. I'm not an apple fanboy by any stretch. I've spent the last 10 years hating apple. I still do to a certain extent. It's just that I'd like to say I've tried it before I kick the bucket for good.

>creatives
Creatives are usually retards (unless they're actually doing something with video editing and rendering) and can never fully justify why they prefer Macs. They just follow the crowd. I'm definitely talking about the Adobe Creative Suite faggots.

Get a 2015 MacBook Pro 16GB

The Airs are cool but they are a little weak

>SGD

Attached: iGywZMp.jpg (551x309, 34K)

Invest in real estate if you can, stocks if you don't. Apple products with their limited life cycle is the literal opposite of investment

>after years of hating apple i've decided to actually get one.
the ABSOLUTE STATE OF JALOUS POORFAG APPLEL HATERS LADYES N GELTEMEN
NO FUCK OFF WE DNT NEED YOU LOSER FREEKEK RETARD STSY WITH UR SHITPAD AND STAY GO PLS!!!

Why are Singaporeans online retarded?

Ah shit, made me respond Satan trips

Attached: steve.png (846x476, 538K)

>not investing into old iPods and first gen iPhones
Stay poor

Attached: IMG_4808.jpg (4032x3024, 2.64M)

>pauper gets some monies
>immediately spends it on garbage
Sort your life out, or stay poor.

>Is pic related a good start?
No, the MacBook Air is complete shit. Weak as shit CPU and an absolutely terrible display.

For a non-biased non-shit serious Jow Forums-worthy answer, yes, the 13-inch MacBook Air is a good choice. It has better battery life than the new MacBook, better battery life than the new MacBooks Pro, it has a right-sized trackpad, it has the "good" old backlit keyboard, it has actual Function keys, it has a hardware ESC and Delete key, and it has usable USB ports. It also has MagSafe for the power adapter. About the only things you can really fault it for are the "shitty" TN screen which runs at 1440x900 or something, I can't recall. Suffice it to say that it's more than enough for a 13-incher. And it may be shitty compared to newer models but the truth is that it's superior to TN LCD panels used in comparably priced Windows laptops.

There are many other bonuses with using an MBA right now. It will be able to update to the latest version of macOS for free, and you'll get all of the benefits that come with it. The battery life alone will remind you how much this thing is worth the sticker price. You'll occasionally run into problems such when you're using programs you grew up with and learned in Windows, but otherwise the whole thing - Mac + software ecosystem - will Just Work (TM) for you. Don't believe the haters and Windows cocksuckers and Linux wannabe hackers on Jow Forums. The MacBook Air 13 is a god-tier laptop and if you can afford it, it's literally one of the best laptops you can buy.

Source: Long-time Windows PC and laptop user who even got into ThinkPads because of all the Jow Forums shilling but eventually realized they aren't good enough for modern day use (I'm a writer and trying to learn programming on the side).

Attached: DSC_1269.jpg (1848x1224, 1.22M)

I got an asus zenbook last month: coil whine, fan kicks in when running ms office, keyboard and screen hinges are all flexy and mushy.
I return it, get an hp envy instead: the screen is extra glossy like a tablet, gets super hot from just web browsing.
I return it, get an acer swift. The battery barely lasts 5 hours. The display is very dim, annoying even under mild lighting.
So I return it, get macbook air. Glossy display but nothing like the hp, and bright enough for outdoors. Never gets hot, I haven't even heard the fan yet.

Compared with the others it actually has the 2nd best screen despite not being ips fullhd, it's the only one with good cooling, best keyboard, obviously best touchpad, no sign of flex anywhere, battery life is excellent. It's not prefect, but are there even any

I used the Air before upgrading to the Pro, I would never recommend an Air

>2006-2015
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel admitted it's shit and went back to non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>shit tier 1mm travel chiclet kb
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats constantly from abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz due to chronic overheating problems
>retina meme for "pros" have have gloss mirror coating impossible to use with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

>2016+
>same problems as above plus:
9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
>memetouch emojibar
>no USB-A
>no escape
>soldered ram
>soldered SSD
>tamper tape on battery screws
>applel falls for their own thin meme and uses 54WH battery
>2 hour battery life

howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
>it's 2018 and moving folders around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?

Attached: 1501485254346.jpg (1800x4500, 1.93M)

Build quality is better than most windows laptops my dude, its not even an argument

Get a kitted out 2015 rMBP15 (the last good Macbook) with dedicated graphics

Yep, macbook air is the only apple shitbook that can be described as usable. It has USBs, SD-card, 3.5 jack, and you will need dongles for VGA/HDMI and Ethernet. And you can't have both dongles at same time.
CPU overheats, since cooling system is good only for 486 overdrive processor.
LCD is not shitty, but it is TN. (Hint: Same panels could be found in ASUSes)

Only good thing is touchpad, and software behind touchpad.

Attached: 99.jpg (1440x900, 345K)

>macshit
>build quality

Attached: 1522057751969.jpg (989x1006, 165K)

>last good Macbook
There can't be a last if there was never a first.

Attached: 1508446916755.png (636x727, 137K)

Build quality on macshit is worse than $300 walmart laptops. It's not even an argument. Applel's street shitter "engineers" are a fucking joke.

Attached: 1515727631075.jpg (1200x1600, 383K)

Good job pasting old memes without proposing any alternatives, it's not like that basically amounts to free pro-apple pr or anything like that...

didn't read lol

You would use a Mac if you could afford it, admit it :^)

Based, finally a non Virgin on Jow Forums

I use a Asus UX305FA. I don't notice coil whine and it's the quietest laptop I've used in the last 10 years. It's also the only passively cooled laptop I've used.

My Latitude 7370 has coil whine too, but it's not bad.

Newest HP ZBook G5s will have hex cores and still have two meme TB3 ports along with good warranty support