There's nothing wrong with windows 10

>there's nothing wrong with windows 10

Attached: 20180409_162301.jpg (3997x734, 2.82M)

Other urls found in this thread:

answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/can-one-prevent-antimalware-executable-to-start/14d43f26-c682-4b3d-80b6-59ae754b8649
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So turn Defender off and use something else, dumbfuck.

?

Attached: a.png (669x593, 39K)

i honestly think (((microsoft))) cut a deal with SSD manufacturers for windows 10. it doesn't matter how fucking long you leave it idle it never finishes thrashing the fuck out of a mechanical harddrive

Wait, are you to tell me that Anti malicious software needs to load your files into RAM to check their status?

..says no one ever.
Don't come here to complain about that shit when you could be using other better OS.

>he photographs his monitor

Attached: image.png (240x531, 108K)

>he think's browser will still function with that thing hogging all the ram

>bloated jpg
>can't into screenshot
>w10
JUST

They literally made a keyboard key for this
You are pathetic

what is "this", exactly, you dumb mongoloid?
making a screenshot and posting it in g? Jesus tap dancing Christ

"This" was not making a screenshot
This was hurting our eyes when you could have pressed the damn key

>being too much of a retard in using windows defender
die in a fire

said no one ever

>So reformat your hard drive and use a non-shit operating system, dumbfuck

FTFY, dumbfuck.

Attached: 1498935199686.gif (330x166, 2.24M)

What, like OS X? Because I know you don't mean anything using the Lincux kernel, given those are all complete trash.

>you only have 6GB RAM
>your max disk read speed is 7,4 MEGABYTES
How is that second one even possible and why did you install SpywareOS 10 on a device with less than 8GB of RAM and no SSD in the first place?
Jesus Christ OP I can't even blame Microshaft for this. Everyone with half a brain knows W10's real system requirements. If you have a spinning drive W8.1 and 7 are both still supported.

>100% disk usage
For some reason this happens on 50% of the new laptops at work. Half the company works just fine. The other half is more time waiting for the PC to respond than working

Since when Windows 10 uses systemd as init?

Nah, that's your PC's problem.

literally me
first i was like "i don't need an SSD a 7200rpm HDD is fast enough compared to a 5200rpm (i came from laptops)"
God lord my MX500 250gb is arriving saturday

Well, there's obviously something wrong with your instance of windows 10.
Be honest user. How many warez gaymes did you download since installation?

>6GB of Ram
Literally how?

There's a lot wrong with Windows 10.

Yeah Windows 10 has some retarded shit in it, but it's mostly usable for me.

Disable the cloud protection thing and the apps and files one. Both are botnet antivirus, they protect by checking what kind of files you have.

So many brainlets on Jow Forums. If you can't manage a commercial OS, why are you even here?

Attached: 1212.png (1073x724, 38K)

>non shit operating system
>like OS X
get off /g and go suck windows/nsa cock

Ouch. Just missed the ramlet cutoff

>So many brainlets on Jow Forums.
>uses windows 10
top kek

If you use comma as decimal separator, the malware scan needs to extra time processing floating point arithmetic.

turn windows off, you mean, right?

Not sure how to interpret that.
I mean triple channel was a thing, maybe?
Or did he have that UFO motherboard that dual channeled with 6 DIMM slots?
Or, most likely, did he just plug 3 2GB ram sticks in a dual channel MB?

>Still having Cortana activated
It's literally a botnet, just deactivate it, retard.

Attached: 159u6987696967.jpg (465x510, 49K)

finally some sanity

Given the (lack of) screenshot the latter is most likely. Single Data Rate RAM

If only it were that easy

>dark theme

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.u2.jpg (640x640, 70K)

It is, actually.

Cortana is the name of the Windows 10 search function. You can't disable it.

Why do people even run an antivirus in this day and age? This isn't 1999 anymore.

Attached: noav.png (1920x1080, 13K)

>said no one ever
This. Even window fags know the shit ms pulls

I use a different antivirus but windows defender still occasionally pops up with 100% disk usage

probably botnet

This is why.

Attached: windows defender.png (515x103, 7K)

Fucking Chrome man

Attached: 1513435361814.png (666x593, 48K)

>just turn it off!
Might as well do this to the whole shitpile operating system, frankly. It's all broken trash.

this. I dont think I've ever had a 100% disk usage, or memory leak issue on w10 yet in the 2 years I've been using it

Not praising Windows but why do you fags care if a software uses your ram. That's what it's for. Also your picture hjust shows that Windows defender is scanning a large file.

Attached: 1521580396124.jpg (430x550, 98K)

1 4gb
2 1gb sticks

Derp 1366

don't ask me why you can't do it from in defender or even services.msc, but here you go

Attached: Untitled.png (901x516, 65K)

>someone reading past the premise in Jow Forums
You need to leave. This room is for circle-jerk participants only.

Not all of us feel like pirating non-Home.

(And if you paid for Win10, you're a fool.)

>If you can't manage a commercial OS, why are you even here?
I think they mostly use the 'muh freedoms' argument to cover for poverty...

disk utilisation isn't just about how much is used versus what can be done in a sequential transfer
you can easily saturate a disk with low effective throughput by doing lots of small operations

Attached: a.png (420x442, 22K)

it's pirated enterprise ltsb 2016
i only use windows for solidworks, i've never paid for windows
>Not all of us feel like pirating non-Home.
that's your problem then, isn't it? consumer editions of windows are made for people who are too dumb to not disable shit like defender, updates, and the firewall, then wonder why their machines fall apart, so microsoft has just made things like updates no longer an option, but a requirement

gpedit.msc

> apps

You literally fuck the search function.
>brainlet that use the search function

>autism speaks

Not everyone is dumb enough to pirate shit instead of changing some settings with a free app

Yes. Yes you can. Cortana doesn't run at all on my computer and I still have the search function.

Attached: 1.5g_systemdata.png (484x390, 19K)

(7 hours later)
If you use Classic Shell as you should, you'll notice Cortana is just the UI and the remote interface MS uses to shove ads in your searches. Local results are served by the indexing service, just like in previous versions of Windows, and still work perfectly (including searches on programs, files, file contents & metadata) even if you wipe Cornana's files from SystemApps. Cortana is 100% worthless garbage (not hard to guess since it's a "modern" app, which by definition are useless).

>there's nothing wrong with my disk

>If you read my post as you should, you'll notice I have no idea what I am talking about.

Nice rebuttal, I wonder what that separate SearchIndexer.exe service is for, then? And why the searches work even after removing Cortana? And why Cortana is not involved at all in the first for searches within Explorer windows? And what's that "indexing options" control panel applet (srchadmin.dll, non-modern of course)?

I bet you think you can't disable updates too.

I know it's hard to accept that Microsoft hasn't done anything worthwhile with Windows in the last 10 years, but it's time to face the facts.

I was mostly referring to the retarded part about "ads in searches". The point still stands, though.

Or you could just not use either of them, because both Windows Search and Cortana are a giant pile of shit.

Default windows search is the best way of launching literally everything but specific pictures/songs/movies via their respective software.
Cortana is harmless and I want to like her, but until she starts respecting my software preferences she is only as useful as setting up timers/alarms and looking up the weather goes.

Next time, be sure that your PC is not a fucking toaster.

fucking Frenchies

literally had this issue at an office. after w10 everyones hard drives started fucking cranking out sounds like it was 1990 again and they started dying.

Mine looks similar, but I don't remember it being that bad in the past. What happened? Is it the UltraHD Html or only for bloats's sake?

>Disable the cloud protection thing and the apps and files one. Both are botnet antivirus, they protect by checking what kind of files you have.

Have fun being patient zero for the rest of us brainlet

you can't fagget.

Its examining all of your files to find information relevant to advertisers

>reinstalled win7
>tfw never had this problem again.

this, CPU performance is fine but if you dont have a SSD or SSD cache/Intel RST you're gonna have a bad time on W10.

idk I only have 9 tabs opened with nothing heavy

I agree with you, I'm a power user and I tried tweaking it the other week, just some light stuff, suddenly mmc doesn't work. And it feels like the OS is constantly doing shit in the background reverting stuff, like they made it really hard for people to change stuff.

I bet none of the people complaining about ram usage get 'out of memory' errors. They should just delete taskmgr 2bh

I had massive problems with it. The device where unusable for minutes when disk usage went up to 100 percent. Maybe you can't use Windows with HDDs anymore? Anyhow, I switched to Linux full-time on nearly all my devices

So an OS that needs at least 8Gb RAM and a SSD to be usable is OK for you? And it is also OK , that Microsoft lies about the real system requirements, especially in the early days of w10, where not everybody was aware how bad W10 really is?

Win10 is perfectly usable on 4Gb RAM devices with HDD. Tested via installing and using it for work on multiple of them.

fuck, I've been suspecting this shit as well
>build pc on a budget in January
>budget is 1200 aus bucks
>gtx 1070, ryzen 5 1600, an assrock mobo and 16gb of ram are already $1160
>eh fuck it, I'll just get a 7200rpm HDD, it can't be that bad and I don't mind waiting a bit for gayme load times and copy and paste shit
>ryzen doesn't support win7 and making a slipstream install iso turned out to be too tedious
>fuck it I'll just use win10
>pc proceeds to perform like shit to the point where I suspect a monero miner running in the background
>turns out it's just the HDD being used at 100% ALL THE FUCKING TIME
I really don't want to spend money on a meme SSD just so microshaft can spy on me better, but this is ridiculous. Normal browsing and PS, AI and other adobe shit is legit worse than on my core2duo and HD4770 setup with 8gb of DDR2 ram

what if I need to play steam games on the device?

maybe it's scanning something that's trying to exploit CVE-2018-0986 ?

Just exclude AutoKMS or the like from defender ignored folders.

just disable windows defender

get seven

>Prt Scwas made for taking screenshots
The absolute state of Jow Forums

answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/can-one-prevent-antimalware-executable-to-start/14d43f26-c682-4b3d-80b6-59ae754b8649

literally use single tab do you have adhd wtf

Update on the status.
PC was restarted and left to "idle" for about ~20 hours.

Attached: 20 hours later.png (1393x438, 1.27M)

/thread

reinstall botnetdows 10

I've seen this happen so many times. Isn't that literally the definition of malware? Something that fucks up your machine

it's handy having and being able to set phone notifications on my PC and xbone

HDD useage is going to be high on a new install as windows is doing background configuration and superfetch, it goes away eventually. That said you really should boot off a SSD these days.

>literally use less than your browser features
do you have adhd wtf

Why would I want to use Classic Shell? OId != Good, and New != Bad. There is functionally no difference between the Win7 start menu and the Win10 start menu.

The only reason to use Classic Shell is if you're stuck on Win8.0.

>There is functionally no difference between the Win7 start menu and the Win10 start menu.
wrong

Attached: DCCtVM29MjA78VVwvEFXBgLx2iiC63csvYtTdwukcpA (1).webm (322x682, 95K)