What's the Jow Forums consensus on ergo-keyboards?

Lads a while back I had picked up a Razer orbweaver for gaymin'. I got really used to the comfortable way my hand sits in it and now using my keyboard always feels like a slight strain on one wrist or the other (I'm constantly wanting my keyboard set so my arms are pointed straight ahead, and not pointed inward).

So, I'm wondering if Jow Forums has any recommendations on ergo keyboards. Worth the investment? Comfy? Aesthetic?

Attached: serveimage.jpg (520x338, 43K)

ergo keyboards are a waste of money for almost everybody, the best improvement is from proper typing style and posture

after having good style, posture, and regularly doing hand exercises and stretches the next thing to change is your switches to have a light touch, 35g or less

then if you still have problems ergo keyboards can help some people

I bought pick related 5years ago and the only way you will stop me from using it is taking it from my cold dead hands.

It's hella expensive, but it last forever and at the end of the day is my working tool, a charpenter expends more on his machines.

Attached: kb600-angled-cc-510x344.jpg (510x344, 23K)

I considered buying the ms one, but i find retarded that the keys columns are not straight, the finger movement is completelly fucked for your left hand.

get a flat-ish keyboard and one of those leather wrist rests, did wonders for me.
Ergo keyboards are expensive, most of the time not really good and fuck with your muscle memory.

Also, learn colemak

I'd love to get the typermatrix 2000, but I just can't find one place that ships to my country and does not cost horribly

>a goid seat is not really important for cycling, just strech and pedal standing from time to time.

Bullshit, a good keyboard and key layout solves half of the problem.

spend 5 minutes researching it and realize how wrong you are or waste your money on something that doesn't fix the core problem

I did my research, I bought the kinesis advantage and I learned colemak, things improved dramatically.
What you say to do is but a small part of it, the keyboard and keymap were the biggest factors.

you did some awful research. alternate layouts have never been shown to be any more effective than standard qwerty and there are only a handful of advocacy groups that advocate them-- with terrible results. 10 minutes of research on dvorak's history quickly finds that there are no major benefits to alternate layouts at all and most of the supposed benefits were in tiny sample size studies. there are no major ergonomics studies that suggest changing layouts. they conclude what I wrote, which is that posture and technique as well as exercises and key weight are the main factors. you are literally completely wrong

[Citation needed], and that goes to everyone, not just (You)

I dont fucking need a citation, I learned colemak and my fingers stopped dancing on the keyboard, I bought a ergonomical keyboard and the position of the keys feels more natural, I started using more my thumbs and the numbness in my right pinkie and pain in my wrist dissapeared.

I dont care what (((research))) has to say when the advantages derive from fucking common sense.

>I dont care what (((research))) has to say when the advantages derive from fucking common sense.
Better go to the witch doctor for some leech therapy to suck out all the disease.

Im sure I can find you any paper for or against any subjet you want to ask.
My point is that the advantages are so evident for anyone that has taken the effort of learning to use then that research for or against feels completely pointless or, in case the state anything but the evidence, wrong.

But we're still waiting for your citations, go ahead, lets see the quality or who id the autor or the papers.

*who is the autor

Waste of time and effort. Use a split KB.

I've been using this for a few years. It's expensive and the switches aren't the best, but it's OK.

Attached: TECK (0)_575px.jpg (600x396, 32K)

>Im sure I can find you any paper for or against any subjet you want to ask.
Ah yes, the “I'm too lazy to distinguish good research from bad, so I'll falsely equate all research as equally valid”

>the advantages are so evident for anyone that has taken the effort of learning to use then that research for or against feels completely pointless
(((common sense))) is just another term for superstition. If we take intuitive things for granted all the time, we'll never progress as people

He speaked from personal experience, and untill you post your research you're speaking from your ass.

bump