Why didn't anyone tell me dev work environments are literal hell

Why didn't anyone tell me dev work environments are literal hell.

>forced paired programming by higher ups that don't code.
>people with multiple fidget spinners.
>constant noise of rubik's cubes being tumbled.
>move up higher by being friendlier not better.
>funko pop everywhere.
>small talk every other hour.
>"don't like the weather? Wait five minutes! " heard from multiple people daily.
>"I thought this was spring?!" followed by a cackle like they unironically think it's funny.
>Cubicle neighbors constantly keeping tabs on where you are going.

Attached: matoi-kill-la-kill.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

you're not fooling anyone neet

It wasn't always like this. Once programming became 'cool' and it was known to be profitable, normies jumped on board and now the ship is sinking.

How's Denver?

sounds about right

Literally nothing wrong with Funko Pops

Yup

>Open floor plan
360 and walk out the door

There's nothing wrong with pair programming. You're an autist

>big desk
>good hardware
>small team
>my own fucking room
>easy tasks
>good people that teach me things and help me.
>air conditioning unit
>chilling room.
I'm in heaven.

(you)'ll be facing the same direction, idiot

Newfag go back to fucking Reddit.

At least the people you are with are kinda nerdy in someway you can relate. All my coworkers talk about is sports, their children and spending money. They are all so old and normal they make me feel like I'm fourteen for wanting to discuss anime, web assembly and robotics.

Attached: 1522314387174.png (479x640, 460K)

>At least the people you are with are kinda nerdy in someway you can relate.
My mates in college were exactly like your coworkers. Good thing I already had, and still have, actual friends from outside college, otherwise I would have necked myself.

I hear at least 2 videos of people's kids daily.

I wish, then I could legally numb my mind from my peers
How many times did you tip your fedora today?
Paired programming is fine for teaching and learning new applications, but everyday paired programming gunks the flow.

>
>CS is a meme and I want to shoot myself for falling into what I now realize must have been employment propaganda with all the cool CS inspired movies and technology shilling and tech anime. It was all propaganda.
>The truth is that you will not make cool things. Programming isn't fun. This is a celebration of mindless consumerism . I looked at my local job listings and they all make me want to blow my brains out. I want to die I can't believe I wasted my life by falling for the Jow Forums meme. I wish I had done chemistry I'd rather be a lab monkey than a "developer" . The salary is not only not worth it but also dropping with the massive influx of cs/ce/math grads
>It's so worthless . I wasted my fucking.life. there are so many other things I could have studied with corresponding jobs that don't invoke suicide. If you are an undergraduate in/considering CS or a high schooler considering CS I beg you to reconsider heavily.

How to get sweet gig like yours user? Please don't say luck

Learn how to speak and become a solution architect dumbass

Idk exactly, this was first job I applied. Maybe learn something that not many know like lips, go, ruby... as far as I know those projects are done in small groups

make me you nigger, inferior weeb trash. I bet you don't even like the good stuff.

Attached: right choices.jpg (1080x1077, 121K)

definitely New York

You know, the funny thing is in IT:
You dont have to work hard.
It is a fucking joke, you are in such a demand that you get away with working only 50-60 percent of the time.
Especially when everyone is on to it, I mean we estimated 3-4 days for work that I did in 1 day while being lazy as fuck.
SCRUM is heaven.

Just got out of a 6 hour meeting of planning a sprint. Didn't contribute a single thing and got paid 138 usd.

Denver isn't like that at all

>fucking weeb
"Work environments" aren't for you, kid. Stay a NEET.

nepotism

>(you)'ll be facing the same direction, idiot
Being this new.

>CS is a meme and I want to shoot myself for falling into what I now realize must have been employment propaganda with all the cool CS inspired movies and technology shilling and tech anime. It was all propaganda.
if you went into CS because of movies and shows you went into it for the bad reasons
>The truth is that you will not make cool things. Programming isn't fun. This is a celebration of mindless consumerism . I looked at my local job listings and they all make me want to blow my brains out. I want to die I can't believe I wasted my life by falling for the Jow Forums meme. I wish I had done chemistry I'd rather be a lab monkey than a "developer" . The salary is not only not worth it but also dropping with the massive influx of cs/ce/math grads
programming CAN be fun. and it's one of the highest paying professions unless you're in some indian IT sweatshop you asshat
>It's so worthless . I wasted my fucking.life. there are so many other things I could have studied with corresponding jobs that don't invoke suicide. If you are an undergraduate in/considering CS or a high schooler considering CS I beg you to reconsider heavily.
this is just your opinion. and you sound like you'd be unhappy no matter what you do you depressing shit

>$75,000 to sit on your ass and do basic bitch systems programming
>never worry about money ever
>you still complain
really nigga?

>Be me
>QA automation intern
>Go to meetings and just listen because I have literally nothing to contribute being a measly intern
>Have been working for a year now
>Got put on a "permanent" work from home position, only have to come in to the office once every other week
>Work on my company issued laptop while messing around my desktop when I get bored or stuck
[spoiler]>I'm just now finishing my second semester of junior year for my CS degree I don't have yet[/spoiler]
Feels good man

Based

This is why you get a job somewhere more corporate instead of working for some silicon valley wannabe startup.

What you're describing is shadowing, not pair programming. Shadowing is useful. Pair programming is now.

El Paso?

Portland, fucko.

Just your environment.