AMD RX400 ~= RX500 = RX500x

wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-560x-polaris-refresh/

Attached: 0009-1030x579.jpg (1030x579, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:https://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/3191/radeon-rx-vega-64x
translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=https://www.computerbase.de/2018-04/amd-radeon-rx-500x/&edit-text=&act=url
whattomine.com/
pcworld.com/article/3267169/computers/intel-kaby-lake-g-with-radeon-vega-m-may-be-more-polaris-than-vega.html
images.idgesg.net/images/article/2018/04/dx_diag_comparo-100754201-orig.jpg
tomshardware.com/news/kaby-lake-g-vega-polaris-graphics,36844.html
anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?adb.search=strawberry&show=characterlist&do.search=search
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>another polaris refresh

Attached: Not_in_the_mood.webm (556x476, 2.94M)

>Wccftech
Wait for an actual news source.

>AMD Rebrandeon

Why not Vega refresh with actual calibrated voltages?

>Poolaris strikes again

This, I thought AMD intended to move their entire line up onto Vega?

They know this will sell boatloads thanks to miners.

i suppose the HMB2 production bottleneck doesn't let them

It's just for OEMs because they wanted a "new" product to advertise

That's probably it, yeah.

Legal action must be taken against memory companies, not only HBM2 but DDR4 is inflated as fuck, when will it end?

The EU fined DRAM manufacturers for operating a cartel between 1998 and 2002 but the actual fine was delivered in mid 2010 so you can expect fines for this one around 2026 I imagine.

Radeon XXX when ?

Can't stop winning.
I bought 2 rx480s 8Gb at launch (now almost 2 years ago) for 250€ each, on a whim. It was supposed to have me 'wait for Vega'™.

Yeah, more like waiting for Navi now.

This. I bought a GTX 970 to replace my 7970 which had memory bugs, then an RX 480 because the drivers for the 970 wouldn't let me sleep my Linux machine.
I've been through the Fury, Polaris and Vega and still haven't found something worth buying. If it weren't for things breaking or not working properly I'd still be waiting on my 7970.

AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
NOT A SINGLE NEW CARD SINCE 6970

Funny, I had memory bugs with my 7970 as well, but they only really showed up in Skyrim, for some reason.
Even weirder is, if I overclocked or downclocked it, even slightly, I'd get corruption all over the screen in Windows.
Very weird card.

about that
webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:https://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/3191/radeon-rx-vega-64x

AYYMD REBRANDEON, THE WAY IT'S MEANT TO BE REBRANDED

t. actual retard

Attached: 1499188158033.png (1440x2560, 974K)

>refresh of a refresh
What is going on with AMD.

According to techpowerup, its just a OEM model number.

Actual retail/consumer model might not be a refresh.

More like wtf is going on in Radeon.
I understand that Ryzen architecture takes all available resources, but this is JUST

they probably got some inventory built up due to the decresed mining demand and will offset it to a new OEM line.

That doesn't mean that they won't release a new series for end consumers. But it does raise a bit of concern that they might not, though. From Nvidia side, some rumors also give merit to the argument that the 10x0 series will have their eol somewhat extended.

tl;dr don't draw your conclusions from all of this, but it is looking bad for those paying attention.

RTG has been underfunded, it's been difficult for AMD to get and hold on to GPU development staff, and their GPUs have been performing badly in the market since the 7970Ghz stopped being competitive.

What's going on is simple.

>Throw VLIW out the window, even though it was nice perf/watt.
>Get advantage with GCN 1.0
>'muh GPGPU is the future'
>GCN 2.0 is housfire because memory controller pumping too much
>lel, let's use HBM and throw even more GCN cores into it.
>has to watercool the thing. GCN core are too much and overheating, even though they're starved for data, because HBM is not enough.
>Cut down GPU in half, use normal GDDR5 and use compression.
>Actually sound GPU performance wise with limited power output.
>Fury 2.0 flagship, but have a not liquid cooled model at launch.
>Ends up the same as Fury.

>Meanwhile NVidia started using VLIW.
>Tweaked it to GPGPU as well

>tfw AMD actually lost the GPGPU war, while loosing its gaming market, because it tried hard to win at GPGPUs.

No money, no improvements
Just keep buying Nvidia like a true gamer

Are you fucking retarded?

Nvidia does not use VLIW at all

Nvidia is scalar and it has been such a huge win since 2006 Tesla microarchitecture

>future top end gfx card
>still slower than a 1080 or 1080Ti
Come on AMD

nvidia fanbois on suicide watch.

My bad. I was pretty sure that was what they did after 5870 wiped the floor with them.
Not that different, anyways.
It's a very specialized architecture.

It's not really important.
My point was: GCN was a mistake, even though it looked like a win at first sight.

I really hope AMD gets their shit together.
Wouldn't hurt them separating their GPGPU branch from the gaming one.
At this point, their literally loosing money in both by not having them develop their own specific ship, and have a single one do both.

HBM memes are basically hardbaked into the architecture. Tis a small tragedy really.

I'll guess I'll hold on my R9 Nano for a couple more years.

Believe me, I was team red for a long time.
I even bought the Vega thing.
But that was the last nail.
All those reviews have you look at a goddamn graph, where it doesn't look too bad.
If only it would have you listen to the thing under full load the whole time as well.
It's literally unusable as a gaming card, unless you use headphones to cover for it.

So I got a 1080Ti.
Destroys Vega in performance.
Barely makes any noise at all.
It's that simple.

>our AMD guys would never do anything shitty
>it's only those other companies, intel and nvidia that are jews
>why if our friend AMD would be rich and in a dominant position, they would be benevolent to all it's customers unlike those other jew companies
There is amd drones here that actually believe this.

If it means that Polaris card would be back at their MSRP, then it's a good thing. Friendly reminder: RX 470/480 are VR ready cards at $200

>tfw even adblockers can't filter these ads

Attached: 1512344440488.jpg (524x646, 50K)

X are for OEMs, you faglets

Not an ad.
Well at least Vega can mines.
And it better cover for it's ass.

As long it will make gpu prices drop.

This should last me a while.

Attached: 1505092900016.png (1920x966, 2.54M)

translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=https://www.computerbase.de/2018-04/amd-radeon-rx-500x/&edit-text=&act=url
>As PowerColor has hinted on Reddit, the Radeon RX-500X series will actually exist.
>However, not in retail, but for the OEM market.
>OEM dealers regularly ask for new products in order to update their own systems - the extent to which improvements have actually been made is secondary to retailing.
literally nothing
The only thing this does tell us is that small vega won't be here for a while
no price drop and no new killer $/perf gpu for gayymurs
just buy nvidia - the way it's meant to be played™

Just a wondering that do you guys think that this posible refresh could include some features from vega like the gpu in ps4pro.

you got a few factors at play here

1) nvidia has yet to release something to force a better card in the mid range
2) you have vega being what it was, with consumers having no fucking clue what is missing, what went wrong, and why none of the bottleneck mitigation seems to work
3) you have navi which will likely be based off vega coming down the pipe

honestly, for gpus, this is not amds time to shine but time to get by.

>it's all your fault: you should buy the garbage that my favorite company creates to fund them
The absolute state of AMDrones

Attached: 1521697655510.png (426x510, 154K)

one more generation ahead there. the 200 series was fantastic, the problem is they got bought up by miners about 1 week after launch and took 6 months to regain stock, which at that point nvidia put out the 900 series,

it wasn't till the 980ti however that nvidia had a clear lead over amd as anything under that was.

nvidia held the industry back with their rebrands due to them not supporting new apis

nvidia will rebrand and jump the price on said rebrand up for no reason other then they can.

and because no one buys amd cards, they don't heavily invest, as they never get rewarded for their effort.

If AMD didn't make garbage cards none of this would happen in the first place.

This desu.
AMD should start making superb cards again, so that people can buy Nvidia cards for lower price. Like they always did.

A Vega refresh is coming not too far into the future, I'm guessing 2-3 months max. I'm sure of this because VEGA12 support was added to both MESA and the Linux kernel v4.17 a few weeks ago. And it looks like replacements for the entire RX 5XX given the number of PCI-IDs.

NVidia has faster and better GPUs ready, that's for sure. Look at AMD and Intel, for years and years Intel released nothing but 1% "improvements". Then Ryzen comes out and suddenly Intel's able to add more cores to their entire line-up, just like that. It's kind of sad because AMD is kind of screwed. If they were to release something that beats the 1080ti two months from now then NVidia would just take something they have ready off the shelf and beat it.

>whattomine.com/
>based Monero killed asic mining with their hard fork
>gpu mining with vega is now stupid profitable again
>demand, at least for amd, will stay up
>no reason to improve gaming performance
>no reason to bring prices down
and that's the last hope for a nice amd gaymen gpu gone
just face it allready
gamers have lost amd to miners and are now trying to blame anyone that isn't them
/v/ has lost again

UMA DELIZIA
i guess AMD stocks will loose another 30% in the next 12 months

the one from my brother also died and the replacement i got him from ebay 18 months later as well. still a great bang for the buck back then

>
>This. I bought a GTX 970 to replace my 7970 which had memory bugs, then an RX 480 because the drivers for the 970 wouldn't let me sleep my Linux machine.
>I've been through the Fury, Polaris and Vega and still haven't found something worth buying. If it weren't for things breaking or not working properly I'd still be waiting on my 7970.
What's wrong with the RX 480? I use mine for 1440p >60 Hz gaming (FreeSync ftw) and it works fine. Ultra settings are a meme.

its actually the other way around you imbecil

Attached: 1521070060761.jpg (921x634, 164K)

Doesn't matter if the price is right.

>implying nvidia has never done this before too

t. desperate nvidia soyboy

With a VP9 4K decoding capability this time?

I gayme at 4K.
Unless I get serious hardware at it, I'll be stuck with low-medium settings.
But sure, it's plenty enough for pleb80p.

Tfw >poolaris still better than 1060 novideo and has 2GB more vram

it always baffles me that apparently nobody here has any basic understanding of economics. thats literally the predicted thing to happen on markets, if it were amd leading the roles would just be reversed, dont try to romanticize billion dollar businesses with management from the same universities you underage faggots

Attached: 15189910871560.png (400x416, 41K)

yes im shure nvidia customers are seething that amd rebrands his inferior gpu a 3rd time

Attached: 287edb414d93c32cb74d86199b39ce2b433441943b5f78bc4a8558f688eb2aba.jpg (600x850, 97K)

Wasn't this debunked?

>nvidia
>no videocards released in years
>only hype to the moon about future cards that never arrive
>meantime, amd catches up
>novideo terrified of amd leapfrogging them
>GPP

Inferior to what? its competition? hate to break it to you but the 580/580x/480 are all more powerful than the 1060.

pcworld.com/article/3267169/computers/intel-kaby-lake-g-with-radeon-vega-m-may-be-more-polaris-than-vega.html

images.idgesg.net/images/article/2018/04/dx_diag_comparo-100754201-orig.jpg

tomshardware.com/news/kaby-lake-g-vega-polaris-graphics,36844.html

AYYMD, THE WAY IT'S MEANT TO BE DECEPTIVE AS FUCK AND CHEAT CUSTOMERS

Wow they're more powerful than the just-above-budget-tier GPU, that's amazing that AMD has come so far!

>Wow this AMD just-above-budget-tier GPU is more powerful than the Nvidia just-above-budget-tier GPU
ftfy

Say goodbye to laptops 1.7man, AMD and Intel are just better than nvidia

Attached: 1454039405929.png (808x805, 49K)

All Im saying is that the 1060 is for plebs, and AMD is for shitters

What a retarded nigger, they are still faster than that and you cant afford anything above the 1070 where again amd wipes the floor with niggervideo

580 > 1060
nice goalpost move faggot

I bought my 1080 over a year ago for $300, suck my fat cock AMD shitters

>$300
wow you are poor

>Polaris was 2 years ago
where has the time gone

Attached: 35463546543.jpg (540x352, 27K)

>y-you're just poor
>A-AMD is for us richfags
no, you're just retarded

$300 is for poorfags

>but why

Attached: ss+(2018-04-10+at+05.36.08).png (749x421, 15K)

For some reason I win all the time. When the HD 7xxx series launched I got the Radeon HD 7870 XT which unlike the name suggests had a Tahiti chip instead of Pitcairn and performed between the 7950 and the 7970 when overclocked for only €200. After the card aged like Fine Wine™ Polaris was announced.

I got the RX 480 for €200 when the first once with aftermarket cooling arrived and now I enjoy the open source amdgpu drivers while having a decent card for a good price again. This card will last me through the whole shortage period no problem.

>Doesn't even spend $1000 on a GPU
God damn whats it like being 3rd world amerishart?

Good Goy!

Attached: confused.jpg (1061x1016, 121K)

>better
>does not support Feature Level 12_1
>won't run any Feature Level 12_1 games at all
>gets destroyed by super power efficient Nvidia Turing GPUs in just a few months time

TOP KEK, AYYMDPOORFAGS SUPPORT THIS DECEPTIVE SHADY AS FUCK COMPANY

>meantime, amd catches up
That's not gonna happen
The RX480 and GTX1070 are about equal in size, cost about the same to manufacture, have a similar power consumption and similar raw power
They should be the same, yet Nvidia is 50% faster
AMD is lierally this far behind
Nothing on warth can bring them back.

needed a new machine at poozen launch, went for a used 290 nitro as temporary card untill vega launch. Vega shit the bank and the marked exploded
luckily bought pre etherum shat on the marked
now im stuck with a space heater with a worn out fan Bering

go be poor somewhere else

Attached: 1452799837787.png (512x800, 650K)

Who's this qt?

>using cuckblows 10
Jow Forums 2018, full of newfags from reddit

Ahahah bought a used 300$ card and calls people who buy 300$ cards new poor
>the absolute state of inferiority complex niggervideo fangays

Feels good man, I think im gonna go get high and shoot some nigger with my gun. Then Ill go eat at McDonalds for 3$, and go back and fuck one of my girlfriends.

>BUTTMAD AYYMDPOORFAGS BUYING DECEPTIVE, LYING PRODUCTS FROM SHADY AS FUCK COMPANY DETECTED

strawberry

Poor

Dx. 1 meme level with disabled Features like novideo did it with dx10 cuz they couldnt compete
>niggervideo boiz are pathetic

>shoot some nigger with my gun
lets start with you jamal

Attached: 1516821145836.png (674x506, 51K)

>I payed the same amount as you did but mine was (((new)))!!!!!!
whatever helps you sleep at night user

anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?adb.search=strawberry&show=characterlist&do.search=search

Nothing :(

I am 100% white, there is not a single minority in any of my lineage. I am 100% northern european, I AM WHITER THAN YOU MUHAMMED