What's Jow Forums's opinion on PCLinuxOS?

What's Jow Forums's opinion on PCLinuxOS?
It is Mandriva based so it uses RPM but it is a Frankenstein distro, it uses apt-get (which is deprecated BTW) and RPM (which shouldn't be used with apt-get) and the only way to properly install packages is using Synaptic
The creator of the distribution removed Chromium from the repositories because it was too hard to maintain it but he keeps Google Chrome, Spotify and so on but it lacks basic programs, everything else is OK, I guess

Attached: mate-desktop-2016.jpg (1024x768, 119K)

arch linux is better

It's systemdfree and it has the best software for out of the box but I'd personally use it only for laptop as a replacement for windows

This mess of a distro actually makes me want to create my own distro with every package manager installed alongside stuff that actively conflicts like sysv and systemd. Any time someone posts a buf report I would close it and say "clearly written in the manual how to solve this" but never produce or link a manual.

IT WAS
I tried installing Arch Linux today but the latest kernel has some power saving module which makes my sound pop just because I have hda intel, a realtek sound card or some shit like that

>apt-get
>deprecated
It's better than pacman to be quite honest

That's linux shit, it is not Arch's fault.

Best systemdfree distro: OpenBSD, GhostBSD, Alpine and TrueOS
Everything else is just trying to emulate windows or hipster minimalist shit

Well what should I do? use a older kernel and break shit?
I'd rather use another distribution

You are realizing there is no good linux distro
That's why people keep switching all the time. All of them are unfinished and they will always be unfinished
one day sooner or later you'll build from scratch or move to BSD

Then I'll just switch to Windows for convenience

windows XP. All the rest are garbage

Just blacklist the module?

Downgrade the kernel, that's all. I downgrade my kernel when something happens and I don't have any problem.

Windows XP?
I really liked Windows XP back then but since it is so old I can't even install it with Rufus, goddamn it and I need to use some freeware shit, I got it installed, took about 2 hours to format the file system and 1 more hour to install and when it was finished it didn't connect to the internet and it didn't have any drivers for some reason, maybe it was just a bad ISO but still it is very old and unusable
If I do that my sound will not work at all, I tried to disable the power saving by switching an 10 to a 0 but every time I restart it switches back to 10
I use a Arch Linux installer because I don't have the time to install it manually so I can't downgrade the kernel because it picks the latest kernel and installs it

>yaourt -S downgrade
>downgrade linux
it can't be more easier

OK, thank you
Only if I knew what kernel version introduced the power saving module for hda intel

I had never heard about that. What is the problem? You do not have sound?

There's a popping sound if not any sound is played

>PCLinuxOS
The name is so retarded I can't take it seriously, sorry.

My dad swore by PCLinuxOS for years. I couldn't bring myself to install it, it just sounded like Babby'sFirstLinux. Sorry, I know that sounds immature but it's true.

Not terrible, but it doesn't really bring anything special to the table. It's a solid candidate if you're mom's computer starts acting slow as ass and you can't find a legal copy of Windows 7, but in those situations, I always end up going with Mint.

I did that for a while, but have stayed with Debian and not switched since 2013.

You forgot slackware