What's the Thinkpad of headphones? Is there a Jow Forums consensus?

What's the Thinkpad of headphones? Is there a Jow Forums consensus?

Attached: 5826900_rd.jpg (464x640, 42K)

Ath m50s

Aren't those overkill, only for DJs?

MDR-V6

DT1770

Siberia V2

>Can still purchase fresh china copies of the brilliantly flawed design
>Ancient aztec design from 2001
>Cheap and reliable for about a year, or forever if you can solder
>Aesthetic design and pretty good balanced audio
>shit default mic but does the job and aint afraid

Attached: 41KtC6BzBHL._SY355_[1].jpg (355x355, 14K)

STAX SR-007

qc 35's

this

It used to be porta pros until 2012. Now it’s the HD600.

MDR-V6

>fits your head comfortably as long as you're 12 or under

>somewhat decent looks
>plasticky af
>dogshit sound quality consisting of nothing but boomy nigga base

t. fatty

audio-technica ath-m50(x) or ath-m30(x)

Sorry for being a retard. All these headphones have reviews saying that these are professional headphones, for studio use. What am I supposed to use if I'm not producing music? Are those reviews a meme?

Attached: 1523217269338.jpg (1080x809, 144K)

Beyerdynamic DT 770

Attached: DT770pro-large.jpg (535x750, 106K)

Attached: d27.png (645x729, 75K)

Extrapolate

I love my DT 770

/thread
spotting them on the street and then looking at the wearer never fails to make me laugh

Is the Thinkpad a really great computer or something? I don't get it.

>are casio terrorist watches actually good?

studio headphones is a hefty but worthy investment to get the greatest audio quality and enjoyment

Attached: Koss-Porta-Pro-Limited-Edition3.jpg (1600x1067, 422K)

Come on man I don't know much about technology and I just want to break in, at least answer my question

Thinkpads are durable, easy to repair and mod, while also being part of business lifecycles so they are easily found used for very cheap when a business upgrades their laptops

No headphones fit any of these points so there is no "thinkpad" of headphones, repairable headphones (even beyers) are fucking trash because the parts cost so much individually anyway

The only actual thinkpad headphones are fostex T40RP which are considered the "best" headphones to buy cheap and mod way past their price point, if you know how

Yeah, they are corporate laptops which means they NEED to be good because Mr. Goldstein is losing money every time shit breaks down.

>Thinkpads are durable, easy to repair and mod, while also being part of business lifecycles so they are easily found used for very cheap when a business upgrades their laptops
I want to say lower end Grados fit this sans durability issues when unmodded, but the sound profile is polarizing amongst headphone lovers, but as writing that I just realized that the Fostex Tx0rp series is a perfect headphone analogue to thinkpads.
>What's the Thinkpad of headphones? Is there a Jow Forums consensus?
My vote would be on Fostex T50. Can be had for cheap especially second hand, has durability, and is very moddable/upgradeable.
Second place would probably be a lower end grado (if yuo are the type that enjoys the grado sound profile) since they are cheap, extremely cheap when bought second hand, and very moddable.

Attached: t50.jpg (420x280, 16K)

Rate

Attached: C1D5F179-95EC-44B5-B0E4-5E080F2D7E4C.jpg (700x525, 70K)

I'm sorry for your mental illness.

hisssss......hissss.....sssss......
this is snek

no step on snek

But ath-m50x weren't made for street walks.

?????
What did this faggot mean by this????

I think the Sony MDR-7506 (V6) fits the description quite well. They're virtually indestructible, foldable, comfy as fuck, inexpensive, can be easily taken apart and repaired, are ubiquitous as monitors for pro recording tasks, and even come with a 2-in-1 connector.
They sound pretty swell for media such as movies and games, but music is a weak point, as it should be for closed-back headphones. But also because they way they're tuned to make sounds easier to pick out for other listening tasks makes me sound shit when it comes to music, especially the bass.

As a side note: Grados are okay for sound in the budget bracket, but they're worse built and the earpads wear like cheese graters, so you probably ought to mod the shit out of them if you want to go this way. Their sound is hyped as fuck though, so they tend to sound pretty bad on modern music with synths and electronic sounds, but full acoustic is pretty good.

This.
>Haven't changed in decades (same as proper ThinkPads)
>Gained their reputation for being good and cheap (just like ThinkPads)
>Were shilled to no end back when Jow Forums wasn't full of 15 year olds from /v/ (like ThinkPads)
>Got memed by reddit and are now way more expensive than they should be(as ThinkPads did)
>Ledditors still buy into the meme because they look retro and snowflaky (Like ThinkPads)