Worst connector/cable of all time

Worst connector/cable of all time.

Attached: 1ss_scart_m.jpg (1000x1000, 81K)

It's the USB of TV connectors.

why?

if by worst you mean best, then yeah.

Not him but because it won't (wouldn't) fucking fit

yeah cheaper ones had their connectors a little wobbly and were sometimes hard to plug in.

but other than that it was arguably the best analog video signal connector standard.

Dunno if it was the best or worst but it was the only one able to carry component, composite and S-video signals, along with audio. So if I had to pick only one it would be that one.

At least it gave us RGB support.

It'd give you great RGB picture then the left sound'd go and you'd have to climb behind the telly to ram it back in while someone at the front would tell you if it was still working and it'd stay good for a half hour or so.

Connector is shit if you have a cheap chink cable, SCART itself is God like though. I don't know why you mention cable, as that can be anything.
I like the meme though that it won't fit, as you can tell exactly that the person grew up with shit connectors, these days I use high end ones for my meme consoles and once you stick it in, it's in solid.

Werks 4 me

That isn't pic related or molex.

Attached: Nig-nig-Nighttime.jpg (600x600, 15K)

>can take apart easily for fixing it
>robust
>metal as fuck
Only problem was the angle of cable holder.
I never manage to mod it so it can be 90deg to the up.

Attached: h246h.jpg (1040x780, 566K)

That's not the USB 3 front panel connector. It literally just hangs there waiting to be pulled out.

t. buttblasted yank

having RGB connectors on every TV was a godsend

*fucks your fingertips up*

Horrible connector, worst still are the ports on phones. What's their failure rate, 99%?

THIS THANK FUCKING GOD SOMEONE SAID IT.
FUCKING DIE SCART. BURN IN HELL.

Not really. The idea was good, the execution poor, but it was all right if you didn't wiggle it around all the time.
Definitely better than the jungle of wires Americans had.

this cunt
eat shit ps2

Attached: ps2m.jpg (250x161, 6K)

I hate more this ci+ shit on my TV

Attached: ci+.jpg (800x480, 26K)

This is truly the worse.
>have to guess which is mouse vs. keyboard (physically identical)
>have to try all 360* of rotation to find the right orientation
>if it disconnects you need to reboot the system to reestablish

Is it that hard to look at a fucking connector. also werks 4 me

lmao nigga where were you raised? a hotel? kek

You're mostly reaching blind to the back of some desktop.

I haven't even seen a PS/2 connector in a decade, but back in the 90s and early 2000s it was a daily thing and always a pain in the ass.

That is not the worse part.
The cheaper one use a really terrible plastic as their notch, and it easily broken inside the female port, and disabling the whole port.
The only way to fix it is by getting a new mobo

>but other than that it was arguably the best analog video signal connector standard.
I thought Component was the best since it can actually output at 1080p

but SCART can carry component as well as s-video and composite

>rips your skin

Attached: 220px-Molex_female_connector.jpg (220x147, 5K)

well I got this stupid shit thanks to UPC, and it doesn't make a good contact with my TV...... fuck them

FUCK HDMI
My friends' shared flat has an old TV in the living room and it's exactly like you say, every single time

Attached: hdmi_plugs.jpg (350x350, 15K)

Lot's of dainty soft handed faggots in this thread. Chew tobacco.

>destroy your mouth
No thanks I actually want mine to not smell like the septic tank under your trailer.

>Rips the skin

Attached: b45.gif (250x231, 875K)

+1 : Fucking cements itself in place
+1 : Because bent pins and a 1 in 10 chance of the entire thing fucking exploding into pieces

Also suddenly you'll have a DRM issue, being surprised about DRM in a fucking cable, when you first time connect an item originally designed for another region, or from versions that are too different.

inb4 triggered retro game fags

Literally never had an issue with them
some people just should need a license to handle things

>why?
Impossible to connect without line of sight.
Heavy cable easily pulls out the often loose connection.
The need to butcher furniture to run the cable if you couldn't be bothered to resolder that monstrosity.

Doesn't component max at 1080i?

SCART can actually output pure rgb, which is better than the rest of them when it comes to tube tvs and old video game consoles.

There's no hard limit, just like there's no hard limit on VGA. But obviously the hardware you're using matters.

I've discovered that DisplayPort cables aren't all the same when you're dealing with higher lengths. I got a 240hz monitor for my mobile desk, and it needs a bare minimum 15 feet of cable to reach the computer. The 6 foot cable that came with the monitor does 240hz just fine, but a 25 foot cable I got made the screen flash off and on every few seconds, as it apparently had to redo some electronic handshake. I tried lower refresh rates, and it would only work correctly at 60hz, which I was already getting with a 20 foot DVI as thick as my pinky. I got a 15 foot dp cable, and it does the same thing at 240 hz, doesn't work at all at 200hz, but holds pretty steady at 144hz which is still a huge improvement. I bet a 10 foot could do 240hz, but it looks like I need to step up to an active dp cable, the shortest of which I can find are 30 feet and start at $70.

This is still a success story though, because my eyes don't burn and turn red in patches after a few hours gaming. Going back to 60 hz hurts, you just see a mess of strobes. The same thing happened when I played the new Doom on xbox and then went back to Destiny, Doom's a 60fps game and Destiny runs at 30. I don't believe I'll be playing that one again. Also, these latches piss me off.

Attached: displayport-male_9.jpg (570x430, 24K)

This
I've never broken one, in fact nobody in my family has ever broken a USB plug of any type

molex did absolutely nothing wrong

Wtf RGB over SCAR isn't bad? Why would people think that?

I remember some shitty ones bending the pins while doing the classic rotation to find the right spot. Once they started adding a square side on the plastic it became much easier to plug in from a blind spot.

my fingertips hurt when looking at it

No, man, SCART is fuckin' cash. Too bad it wasn't as good as component video with separate cables and all. Gear hit an analog fidelity ceiling soon after that point.

My worst experiences have been with mini USB sockets. Not the male side, the female one. Did you know the supposedl invertible mini USB 3 connectors will eventually fail so that cables only work one way around? And you have to try it once to see if it falls right out again? That was a bridge too far for chinkshit, I suppose.

These are one of the most satisfying to plug in though

>mini USB
Oh fuck, it died like a fucking bitch on my PSP 3004. You had to press the cable against the chassis while plugged in to make it work. I tried disassembling the console to see if something was preventing it to contact properly but nope. What a piece of junk.

Oh shit I'm sorry!

Ribbons weren't bad if you were a retard and try to manhandle them. They were more of a nuisance with managing airflow though.

Attached: image:289.jpg (454x360, 70K)

>plastic clip breaks off

Attached: image:290.jpg (225x225, 5K)

Pain in the arse SCART but if you get a decent 4 way splitter you can bung the box at the front and save loads of time.

I thought they were shit, turns out my $2 chinesium cables were to blame.

Yeah, nothing has wrecked my fingertips more than molex.

Attached: mobo panel.jpg (1280x720, 113K)

removing or inserting this one was always a nail biter.
>mobo flexes and makes noises like never before

>cuts head off
>strips casing
>feeds wires into new head
>crimps
wow, that sure was hard

Attached: 7HDQo.png.jpg (480x270, 45K)

You're like a littel babby, OP

Check this out

Try to plug pic related in a device without looking at it.

Attached: USB3AM-MCUSBBM-ADPT-micro[1].jpg (1000x1000, 481K)

These fucking assholes. Every pin increases the difficulty exponentially.

Attached: 400px-38999_connector_nickel-teflon.jpg (400x300, 13K)

Unironically the hardest part in assembling a PC

I fucking hate dealing with these, bent that little shit first and try to detach this piece of shit cable
Thankfully, some adapters exist so you don't waste shitload of time connecting these motherfuckers

Do we need to usb-c everything?

>Hurr durr repairing cables is better than not having shitty cables in the first place
No-one said they were hard to fix, they just suck.

>Thankfully, some adapters exist
i only ever see them when i do high end builds with motherboards north of 200$USD.

most modern cases have the psu slot at the bottom so you dont need to contort your hands in ungodly ways because there is plenty of wiggle room so even pinning shit boards is easy now. its still a pain in the ass because you have to use a flashlight to even see what you are doing because your hand eclipses everything and you gotta hold those tiny single pin blocks together and insert them which is tedious as fuck.

>Roku was having problems
>"HDCP unauthroized: Content Disabled" message appearing when trying to stream video
>apparently HDMI cables now have copy protection
>tfw Roku knows my media collection is entirely pirated and is telling me to fuck off

Attached: Autistic Screeching.jpg (1280x543, 177K)

Wow you nerds are really fucking weak.

I use WD-40 before pulling them off.

this is just annoying on how unclean it is. Should all be routed to one fucking connector, and be a fucking standard.

Attached: UCABL017200_02_L.jpg (640x480, 108K)

Scart has been a godsend for retro gaming

Winner Winrar Chicken Dinnar

This. Name one person who hasn't had to try to power on the first time twice cause a header or cable was mislabled.

at least USB-C front header is goat
even USB 2.0 front headers are decent

why?

Pretty bad.

Zero durability or suitability for it's intended purpose.

Don't think I ever had a problem with them, but I could see that.

Anyone who managed to fuck up these was either a cheap piece of shit, or a Gorilla.

Accurate.

I'd hate them more if I wasn't so fucking relieved these were standardized.

Trips.

These are just stupid looking.

Attached: CABSSV35FCa.jpg (750x500, 183K)

>tfw my grandma would call these "scat leads"

Attached: 1521225167403.jpg (400x400, 18K)

triggered af

Attached: cisco-console-cable-db9female-to-rj45-l-2m.jpg (800x800, 36K)

I'm sorry user. I know it hurts.

this is one of many reasons why you don't stream

I am going to use that word.

fuck that foreskin shit

Protip: The flat bit of the plastic housing (or the tactile logo) lines up with the little bar. And in the motherboard, the connector is always aligned the same way.
The connector isn't bad you're just stupid.

absolute pleb

Attached: TZAu6AO.png (908x444, 80K)

>feel the connector for the flat surface
>know to have flat facing up and the notched side facing down
>plug in
Not too hard. This little piece of shit, however, infuriates me. Have to work with old computers Dell/HP all the time so when I have to disconnect shit this little fucker it cements itself in place and refuses to come off easily and since oem PCs are typically compact and clusterfuckish inside it's a nightmare trying to just disconnect it inside the case unless I choose to gut everything.

Of course I forgot pic.

Attached: berg.jpg (230x173, 5K)

Aside from having to set the clock rate before using the interface, what's wrong with the smart serial cable? I never used them in a production environment, but in the lab they were fine.

Had a guy call me about his computer not working after he switched out his PSU.
Turns out he plugged this in his front panel headers

Me. It's like you mongs can't read a motherboard manual.

Yeah fuck these things, I've already cracked apart one of the mobo sockets for it, on my memertooth z77 no less. Military tough my ass. It's not that the cable is shit, it's that the sockets aren't meant to be plugged into more than 20 times or so. The shitty part of the cables is the angle's usually wrong or you can't fit your fingers in between parts to apply the right force in the right direction.

>press the release mechanism
>give connector a jiggle
>no give
>release mechanism completely bottomed out
>give connector another jiggle
>it comes out
>plastic male part comes clean off of the harddrive
I've completely hamfisted sata power connectors before without an issue but if you so much as look at the data connector with anything stronger than a dainty look the harddrive side of the connection is prone to breaking clean off, which isn't helped when you're working in a tiny case with no easy access to the harddrives
thankfully the higher quality sata data cables with locking mechanisms are less likely to fail but you don't exactly know which cable has a decent locking mechanism until you buy one

>Me. It's like you mongs can't read a motherboard manual.
give Jow Forums a break, it's pretty difficult to read the labels on the mobo when your glasses are all steamed up because assembling a pc is the most physically laborious thing you've done in the past 4 months not to mention the difficulty of actually trying to get the pin header onto the pin with sausage like fingers

Attached: SATA-Dual-Straight_BigProductImage.jpg (600x600, 35K)

Sort of related.

Attached: cooler-original-intel-para-pentium-4-y-celeron-impecables-D_NQ_NP_4716-MLA3827629096_022013-O.jpg (450x491, 23K)

Attached: hoseToHDMI.png (662x887, 595K)

>being this lost in your own irony

>failure rate over 9000
>plus you need to try both positions then check it out anyway before connect same as standard usb
need to say more?

Attached: pm64gbusb3_4.jpg (580x485, 93K)

like bs 1363 these make for fantastic home security apparatus.