Why do people still buy Apple products?

Why do people still buy Apple products?

Attached: RottenApple2chk247.jpg8d33e5e5-9d97-41a5-bf47-63b1c45af509Original.jpg (800x800, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Well here's my perspective on it
iPhones are simple and for the average consumer, they don't have to do much to have it working, it doesn't have high specs because they don't need that, all they need is social media, a camera and a few games
If you want more than that then get a Android phone like Motorola, root it and do whatever the fuck you want
Now, about Macbooks
The hardware is shit
The whole laptop is shit
It wears very fast
But the OS is good
That's why people use it
But hackintoshes are better

>people
i wouldn't go that far, they are human tho

Still just works

OP here
when I was writing it, originally I put a question mark after"people" so I'd agree

Everytime the new iphone comes out it's the fastest or right near the fastest phone on market. Same with the camera.

I'm using an apple right now.
It has no viruses.
It just werks.

because they are stupid

Are you retarded? Of course the iPhone doesn't need the same hardware and PooAndroid. Its software is optimized directly for the hardware, and it's written in very low level code. Apple are some of the last companies that still care about that fucking millisecond.

They believe owning Apple products is somehow prestigious, because they are the most expensive and widely advertised I shit you not.

Because I can get done what I need to get done with less hassle than other operating systems.

>people can only like something because it’s popular

oh I’m laffin

who are you quoting?

iOS is not shit anymore. You can finally add apps not from the app store without jailbreaking, there's finally a file manager

it's pretty close to android now and unsurpassed in security.

People are empty.

>everyone uses a macbook
>everywhere I look macbooks
>every programmer uses a fucking macbook

Why is this?

Attached: wtf.png (211x246, 11K)

>You can finally add apps not from the app store without jailbreaking
elaborate
Because you are an idiot.

It's the luxury car of the personal computer world. You can get a Ford, a VW, or a Nissan, and they're fine. If you want to grab onto the door and feel its weight yet glide effortlessly on high end concealed hinges, or you want to chill out on ultra-soft Alcantara leather while you're driving, or blast dope beats from your integrated Bose 5.1 vehicular sound system, then you have to get creative. You have to buy the parts, and sourcing them is annoying because all the dealers are scum, you have to install them yourself, or find a dude who'll detail and upgrade your vehicle without ruining it or charge you twice the value of your car, and then you have to maintain it yourself because nobody's putting warranty on your custom build, though if you have insurance and it gets wrecked you could eventually get your money back if you twist their balls for six months.

Or you can get a Tesla, Audi, or a Lambo. You show up, slap them with a cheque, and drive out with a machine guaranteed by your membership with the dealer or car maker or club. It works and you didn't spend all year dicking with it to make it work. As a plus it's also a fashion statement.

That's the difference. Nobody needs a Mac. But every normal user wants one because you buy it, slap Apple care on it, and it takes care of itself. It looks stylish and feels nice to use. Tech communities like Jow Forums don't like this attitude. It's like when someone bumbles into a sleeper autoshop with a Lambo. Objectively, it's a nice car. But the dude is being a huge faggot rolling their 700k chick magnet into a workshop while not being able to point out a single part under the hood. It runs great and looks fantastic, but that's it. That's all. It's a luxury vehicle and it has no place in a grotto like Jow Forums.

That's funny, because MS uses alcantara shit on their crap and other high end subnotebooks have better or same build quality and probably came from the same factory as Apple's garbage.

>feels nice to use
Oversized touchpad and shitty keyboard? That's everything but nice.

Because you can have a terminal that’s not shit and code without having to virtualbox. Also coders do more than just code. Some edit videos or produce music, which is what MacBooks are optimized for

Why do people still consume crystal meth?

Makes sense, but still..Nobody uses windows which is very surprising.

Because apple products are easy to use, and that's what the general consumer seeks.

/thread

>Nobody uses windows
Are you from planet starbucks? I would visit it soon.

because they're probably the most trustworthy company (relatively) when it comes to not mining my fucking data

fuck Android, fuck microsoft

The number of stupid people is increasing rapidly.

Attached: bbc leave europe.jpg (960x640, 75K)

>it's written in very low level code

lolwut?

Imagine thinking you get away with this nonsense on Jow Forums of all places

Just saying what I've seen user...
Especially with students, it's like only Apple exists

>It's the luxury car of the personal computer world

It's the kids pedal car of the PC world

Attached: bigbird.png (448x513, 400K)

>software written in low level code
top fucking kek what a brainlet soyboy

Because the OS(s) are so slick compared to the alternative, and the hardware is well designed if overpriced.

The jealousy is strong with this one.

>downloads tottalyfreehotnewgameforabsolutelyfree.lol.nojoke.completelyfree.notavirus.exe
>OMG WTF I GET VIRUS
>FUCKING M$!!!111
>goes out and buys a macbook
>max r SO secure and KEWL cuz apel doesnt allow me to do anything lol!!!11 no VIRUX xD

>downloads hottestnewjustinbieberxdrniggagangstashit.jpg.mpg.HOT.music.album.FREE.tar.apk
>OMG WTF MY PHONE GET VIRUS
>FUCKING ANDROD!!!11
>goes out and buys ishit
>PHEW im so glad apel treats me like a toddler and doesnt let me install or do anything, freedumb is too dangerous xDD

>sees a linux CLI
>OMG WTF THIS COMPUTER IS BROKEN
>MOOOOOOM user BROKE HIS COMPUTER AND IS TOO EMBARRASSED TO ADMIT IT
>WE NEED TO GO TO BESTBUY AND GET IT FIXED
>Y CANT COMPUTERS JUS WORK
>MUH APEL MUH APEL MUH APEL

>the only argument appletards ever have against linux/android/windows is their own technology illiteracy
>yet appletard brainlets still delude themselves into thinking they will ever belong on a tech board

Explain this Jow Forums.

Attached: 1516288264135.png (1280x720, 673K)

>he called someone a brainlet
>he used the soyboy meme

mfw

It's mainstream and simple for people who don't care about high tech and just want a nice phone that can play Netflix, download a few games, text, take photos, and browse the internet.

iOS 11 is a garbage fire of bugs for me and my whole family (on iPhones). iPads are a confusing mess and they change the way you multitask every 2 years. normies don’t know how to use all the arcane and hidden gestures and 3D Touch garbage to activate any settings, which is required now.
iOS is great and optimized well for the few devices it runs on, but they’ve let quality slide a lot these few years.

just werks
macbook -> light, good battery
iMac -> nice screen, specs
iPhone -> functional phone OS, aesthetic design
macos -> unix core, sensible GUI, proprietary program support

You don't see people who use Visual Studio to code .net apps in Starbucks, because they all have jobs, and work in offices using Dell laptops during the day.

The people you see in coffee shops with Apple Macintosh PCs are all 'working on their latest project' i.e. some shitty anime javascript visual novel that no-one will every buy while they mooch off their parents.

People who buy Apple products are vacuous and shallow. Every single one of them will have to Google the meaning of the word 'vacuous'. I hate Apple users so Goddamned much.

Attached: gtasomalia.jpg (320x450, 102K)

>Why do people still buy Apple products?
Because:
>Marketing
>Higher price means higher quality products fallacy
>brainlet "Just werks" mentality
>"I can't be blamed for something, if I don't allow me to do that" mindset

This. OSX is so slick, all you have to do is press enter to become root instead on having to memorize some dumb password like with loonix or wangblowz.

I feel like this is a copypasta but not too sure

>xe doesn't know about su

awooooooooooooo

Some people just want a convenient package and don't need high specs. Also marketing has inflated Apple's reputation.

I just bought my first Apple product(13in MacBook Pro) and it's by far the best laptop I've owned.
-great battery life (I've been getting 12-15hours)
-a decent terminal
-best build quality and no flex
-gorgeous display
-everything works well out of the box
-keyboard isn't as comfortable as my ThinkPad but I actually type faster on it.
-snappy, works well despite the mediocre components.
-can develop for iOS easily.

I'm not a fan of their other products but their MacBook pros are solid especially if you don't want to spend too much time setting up your stuff.

>2006-2015
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel admitted it's shit and went back to non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>shit tier 1mm travel chiclet kb
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats constantly from abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz due to chronic overheating problems
>retina meme for "pros" have have gloss mirror coating impossible to use with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

>2016+
>same problems as above plus:
9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
>memetouch emojibar
>no USB-A
>no escape
>soldered ram
>soldered SSD
>tamper tape on battery screws
>applel falls for their own thin meme and uses 54WH battery
>2 hour battery life

howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
>it's 2018 and moving folders around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?

Attached: 1501485254346.jpg (1800x4500, 1.93M)

lots of hot discussion in this thread so I'm gonna ask here

Strongly considering an iPad (pro or 2018) for drawfagging with a Pencil but I've never owned an iOS device before so I have a few questions before I spend $500+

>Is it possible to watch webms on it
>Is there a Jow Forums app similar to Clover without Jailbreaking?
>Are there Gallery apps similar to QuickPic that allow me to sort my pictures into folders?
>are downloaded pictures sorted into folders of their respective apps automatically or just dumped into "Downloads" (i.e. the Twitter folder, the Clover folder, etc.)
>I heard the new iOS includes a "file manager", is that true?
>Can I plug it into my laptop and quickly transfer media (movies, pictures) into it?

Attached: 4359887.jpg (1280x1753, 267K)

I don't know anything about the iPad but if you want to do digital art a cheap intuos is way better.

I already own a Huion Medium and a laptop to do more serious work, the iPad is just for quick renders and sketching digitally

Attached: 1460835179891.png (1117x1515, 1.56M)

>It has no viruses.

Attached: mac malware.png (508x519, 227K)

>Strongly considering an iPad (pro or 2018) for drawfagging
Why not a surface™

Young girls like apple because of the camera & snapchat.
Baby boomers like them because they have been told they are the best.
Ghetto-dwellers think they are a status symbol.
NEETs like them because they don't have to do work or be productive.
Homos the rainbow motif

Attached: gay_apple_store.png (300x325, 87K)

>they have to explain what instance means to apple users

Attached: 1520577426347.gif (680x384, 1.61M)

“The Chan” is a good Jow Forums app
The only way to transfer media is thru iTunes.
Webm is possible just not in native apps (safari) and you can’t change default apps. You can save images to the ‘files’ app but just saving them dumps them all into ‘camera roll’ and there’s not default image folders.

topkek
just shut up, you have no idea how well some linux distros work compared to bloated macOS

I used to like back in few generations like when iOS 5.1.1 was released. But I couldn't afford an iPhone during that period. Miss the train. Now everything has the same design and using an iOS or Mac feels same as using Windows. Also snow leopard but everything is outdated now.

It's shite btw.

tech illiterates or LGBT communities.

if it's not a 'fashion' purchase it's because the alternatives are all worse

>tfw you miss the pc vs mac shitposting ads

see and I've tried the Surface line and I can tell you the pen is just not up to par with a Cintiq like the Apple Pencils I've tried
Files is just a cloud drive if I remember correctly, makes me wonder what your supposed to do with 120GB really

It's really disappointing that such a good product can be let down by not having things you'd almost consider basic functionality

In some aspects, no tablet on the market has anything that compares to the Pencil, S-Pen alright but is let down by Android's lack of software lick Procreate. Surface Pen is really just crap desu

Attached: Untitled_1.jpg (1280x1851, 213K)

>easy to use
>if something breaks - take to local apple store
>not that much more expensive than flagship android/windows garbage
>looks great
>large trackpad is perfect on new macbooks
>iPhone X camera is excellent
>terminal that doesn't suck on Mac

and last but not least...
>we can afford it and you can't

This. Appletoddlers are just gullible subhuman troglodytes that believe everything their TV tells them, including "these $3 a day payment plan toys are premium products and if you buy it you'll look rich."

Attached: 1522596507367.png (832x1003, 616K)

Because nobody wants to be the green textbubble guy

Attached: hey-its-jennifer-from-the-other-night-hey-oh-wow-27526118.png (500x494, 88K)

>Surface Pen is really just crap desu
The Surface studio thing looked interesting but then it has a lot more balls behind it than their shitty tablet things. I'd buy the shit out of the monitor if they sold one without the pathetic pc built into the base

Apple's pencil bs is fucking mint though, aside from the lack of factory-backed handwriting input. It feels that good to use that I just want to write everything instead of using the awful touch keyboards

>implying anyone uses the stock messaging bs on any platform now when they're balls deep in normie shit like snapchat or whatsapp already

Kurwa?

I'm quite tempted by the new iPad as a device i can throw in my bag and not worry too much about. The Pen support is totally icing for me.

Windows devices in the same price range are severely limited or chinkshit. Android tablets arnt worth talking about.

Attached: 1521086934880.jpg (2592x1944, 843K)

>High quality bait

>It's good to waste money
I can't wait til Jesus comes back and starts flipping tables

>Apple are some of the last companies that still care about that fucking millisecond
Then why does iPhone ALWAYS lose to the same year Android flagships in real-world-usage tests?

People don't know shit about fuck
>Oh I heard apple is good
is them buying a piece of tech