pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last thread:

Attached: leopold fc980.jpg (710x573, 240K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/G6rOk
ja.aliexpress.com/item/double-shot-pbt-keycap-cherry-profile-rainbow-cap-for-mx-usb-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-5-5/32799680240.html
amazon.com/Leopold-Electrostatic-Capacitive-Keyboard-Dye-Sublimated/dp/B01N1UAZ30
massdrop.com/buy/durgod-taurus-k320-tkl-mechanical-keyboard
mehkee.com/products/cherry-stabilizers?variant=7146022797340
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

looks shit

You fucking stoners left me hanging. fc660c or 88UB as first topre?

>imgur.com/a/G6rOk
Get your shit together.

Attached: BC5B9E77-811C-41EA-8183-718188109125.jpg (620x382, 28K)

>buying a topre
>ever

Attached: 1509997328963.jpg (600x600, 229K)

Are the cheaper Chinese boards any good? You used to not be able to find anything with Blues below $70, and now it seems like you can find all kinds of non-namebrand boards with them on Amazon.

Attached: Then+this+one+might+be+useful+_f51a9ac9d2e6a1c2980e596e6e53dc5a.png (3401x2126, 570K)

They're good for their price. Don't confuse that with "actually good" though.

tomorrow will expand it (disclaimer tomorrow in Spanish vernacular means in an undefined space of time)

Waiting for my mechanical keyboard to arrive today. I hope it comes. They tried on Saturday but I wasn't at the office.

If you like the retro look, the Realforce will be getting a new look so get it while you can.

Attached: img_R2TLS-JPV-IV_01.jpg (640x246, 26K)

Got a Ducky One2 today, I really like it so far bar this one gripe: they have a light hole for a capslock indicator on the keycap, but no LED underneath.

Attached: sneaky.jpg (5233x1889, 1.82M)

I'd say it depends on the switches. You most likely won't get cherry from chinks, but Gateron Blues (clicky) are almost as good as Cherry blues IMO, and Gateron reds (linear) are actually smoother than Cherry reds.

Put one in then

Imagine actually playing $150 extra just to type on a glorified laptop keyboard.

Yeah I'll probably do that in a few weeks. Another gripe I have with it is that you can't actually see the indicator lights without leaning over the keyboard as the Num / * - keycluster obscures them

> literally no shops in the entirety of Europe have any stock... of anything

Is that little dot on the caps lock key even translucent?

>ITT: how to spend daddy's money on meme keyboards

I got lucky some guy sold me his Poker 3 ANSI, literally nowhere you can get a decent 60% ANSI without paying 30€ shipping

Would be retarded if it weren't

if you consider the mechanical action of the spring changing the capacitance levels then yes they are mechanical

I just want to say thank you for listening to you guys.

I thought mech keyboards were a meme, but even with an entry level one (MagicForce 68 with gateron browns) I can't go back and typing feels more enjoyable.

Attached: 1436867991501.jpg (530x600, 51K)

>Would be retarded if it weren't
Yes well there are caps that look like they should be backlit, but are actually just shot with that color plastic. So I don't doubt the retardation of some things out there.

ja.aliexpress.com/item/double-shot-pbt-keycap-cherry-profile-rainbow-cap-for-mx-usb-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-5-5/32799680240.html

Yep. I'm in the same position: looking for a 60% ANSI. UK ISO is fucking terrible, so I have to go with ANSI.

It came! I hope my office doesn't hate me for this. It has a bit of a clack to it. I have my own office so not sure what it sounds like outside of the office.

Attached: 2018-04-09 16.06.41.jpg (4032x3024, 3.26M)

>you can't actually see the indicator lights without leaning over the keyboard as the Num / * - keycluster obscures them
that's funny cause lots of people complained that the indicator lights on the One are way too bright, which they kinda were. Guess they made them too dim

Neat

What model/switches?

>Would be retarded if it weren't
well it isn't. Ducky uses the same molds as their backlight keycaps as their non backlight ones

Would actually buy if i had a board for it

Gateron Clears. I'm the user with the wrist that got hurt in an accident, so I get some typing pain when I work too long. Hoping these super light keys solve my problem! They do feel better so far! The stroke is a lot longer than my Mac keyboard, but, it's much lighter. I used to have a Das Keyboard before the accident and that was too stiff after.

Oh and it's a V60GTR. I also have a TADA68 on order.

>The stroke is a lot longer than my Mac keyboard
Maybe try some O-Rings if that turns out to be a problem

Where can I buy the o-rings? Do they make it quieter as well?

i took them of, they make your bottoming out sound go away but the feeling is disgusting

If you want them now you can just go to your local hardware store and buy a bag of them for like 2 bucks. Dental bands also work as well, and yes they cushion the sound of bottoming out making the keyboard quieter and reducing travel distance. There are several types out there from hard to thick to soft

Attached: o rings.jpg (3240x2430, 694K)

Topre is $300 rubber dome.

>$300
really? not even the HHKB is that expensive, unless you're talking about the anniversary edition

They're blindingly bright when viewed from head on, but they're recessed so they're pretty dim when viewed from any other angle. There's a firmware update for the board which lets you change the intensity, although it doesn't really matter because the numpad cluster literally blocks your view of the lights entirely. Pretty bad oversight from Ducky IMO.

Are the zealios switches really worth it? I'm debating between that or the mx clears for my kbd75 but the zealios are pretty pricey.

Thanks. It's so cheap I might as well try it.

Only thing is I can't get the backlight to work on this thing. Not really something I would use since my office always has lights on but kinda bothering me. I had to change the keyboard to a Mac layout so probably something to do with that. It says Fn + [ to increase backlight but that isn't working.

Interesting cause on my old Ducky One the LEDs were so bright that they cast a shadow of the volume keycaps on the wall, so I just removed them. I guess Ducky went the exact opposite way.

topre are just rubberdomes

Just got pic related on sale. Red cherry switches and programmable. Liking it a lot.

Attached: image.jpg (1920x1080, 374K)

Nevermind. I don't think it has backlight functionality. It's just a generic manual I think.

>ISO

Attached: dsag.png (457x380, 262K)

ISO is honestly fine for just typing/gaming if you don't want to customize

Help. I want the satisfying feel of a mechanical without the fucking stupid CLICK-CLACK that can be heard across my house.
I've been using springs all my life.

They're certainly smoother than mx clears. They're overpriced compared to other switches but honestly switches are pretty cheap in absolute terms. The watch I'm wearing right now cost more than the total amount I've ever spent on keyboards & parts, for comparison.

Matias QC

Get Matias quiet click, or pay up for zilents or those zealencio clips.

Is the Anne pro worth it? A lot of people complain about the keys being too
loose, but this is my first time trying 60% so I don't want to waste too much money. Unless you guys have 60% recommendations with linear switches

its RGB, if an open source firmware appears that can manage the RGB properly then i think its worth it, take in account that there's no cases for it so your stuck with their plastic one

If you want to get anything larger than 60%, which most non-autists do, than it can easily be $300.
I know for a fact the topre version of the board in OP's pic is $300 on Amazon.

I'm seeing it for ~260 on amazon. Are you using the UK one?

no
amazon.com/Leopold-Electrostatic-Capacitive-Keyboard-Dye-Sublimated/dp/B01N1UAZ30

>Amazon
they're one of the most expensive places to buy stuff from. the only worthwhile stuff to buy there is chink shit, and even then aliexpress is better

Attached: coupla lights.jpg (1800x1200, 899K)

lol that's just a reseller. that keyboard is not worth 300.

>guns
Y I K E S

Attached: a96d13c.jpg (1425x1125, 189K)

Why the fuck would you buy a topre board from a chinksite?
It's still going to cost as much as a normal cherry-clone board plus if you end up disliking it you can't refund it.

recommend me a cheap ansi cherry mx red (or equivalent) tkl so i can put some expensive keycaps on it

>you can't refund it.
but you can.

Is there a way to get NKRO over USB?
My new MB doesn't have a PS/2 port. That's the one thing I wasn't paying attention to.

Attached: 1520789743185.jpg (640x1216, 31K)

You can resell it I guess, but by the nature of how websites like Aliexpress work you're at the whims of the seller and the website if you want to get a refund or a return.

Yes. TMK/QMK firmware can do it, and I'm sure there are a number of stock boards can do it too. IIRC the downside is to do it the board gets recognized as two devices, which fucks with some OS's.

>Is there a way to get NKRO over USB?
yes, but your keyboard has to have a matrix that supports nkro in the first place

It does support NKRO, that's the reason I bought it. Used to have it plugged into PS/2 and didn't think they got rid of that port.
I only need 7 keys, it's so fucking annoying.

Is this what bezotards believe
I've never had an issue with returning stuff or getting my money back from aliexpress, and neither do most people

>that keyboard is not worth 300.
I agree, but the only place you can find new ones for cheaper is MK afaik. You can resell topre for crazy prices since it's such an uncommon thing in the US.

they're also 260 at microcenter, plus you can ask them to open the box and try it out first

what's the keyboard? some older models need an active adapter in order to get nkro over usb

Man you must have the nicest microcenter on Earth then, mine doesn't even stock any Leopold keyboards.

ask them. there was one like 5 hours away that had those variable realforce keyboards, so I asked the one near me to get some and they did.

What are those adapters called? All I find are USB to PS/2 adapters, but that's not really helping.

Attached: Untitled-23.jpg (2560x1440, 1.42M)

what's the keyboard, since some adapters don't work, and some cost like 30-40 bucks

>Are the cheaper Chinese boards any good?
Yes. I bought a $40 Blue Switch RGB keyboard and the switches are just as good as the cherry mx blue switches. The keycaps on it were cheap ABS, I actually spent $20 on a new keycap set on it but that was partly because the one I bought had UK keycaps and I wanted a nordic set. Your luck could vary wildly, though, this is just my experience.

I'm guessing that dot is, I have a DuckDuckShine keyboard with a caps that's got a dot like that and mine is. I could be that they make a similar keycap set where it isn't, who knows. I don't have a DuckOne2.

what do you think of this? i'm thinking of buying it
massdrop.com/buy/durgod-taurus-k320-tkl-mechanical-keyboard

What are these things called? Stabilizers? I need to get a replacement one.

Attached: UucNg.jpg (520x347, 55K)

Not gonna lie lads, I tried topre recently and found it really underwhelming.

Looks like a pretty standard TKL desu

Yeah, stabilizers.

Make sure you get the right size :^)

You're setting yourself up for disappointment if you listen to the "cloud of boobs" or keyboard poetry bullshit.

It's just rubber dome, not magic. I've got a BTC dome with slider that's even better than topre in terms of feel. Snappier and more tactile. Sold my realforce to the next sucker who bought into the memes. Capacitive sensing is a neat gimmick but not worth the markup by a long shot.

I tried it thinking it would be smooth.
Felt like typing on wet mud. I could see why some would like it but it definitely wasn't worth the hundred dollar markup.

Thanks, any suggestions on where I can get them?

Looks like the sa pulse keycaps are on massdrop. Was gonna get the gmk keyboard & co but these look a little nicer. Are these caps worth it over gmk keycaps?

here you go :)
mehkee.com/products/cherry-stabilizers?variant=7146022797340

hey help someone with a first mech. bought a board with with mx red and its good for gaming but i think i want something where i can i feel when the key registers. i think blue or browns?

get a variable topre keyboard

my options are quite limited i guess, have to be iso layout

Browns are the standard for tactile, I'd start there and change them out if you think they're too light or not responsive enough.

Don't listen to this clown. Variables are the worst and most overpriced flavor of topre.

wasdkeyboards good?

whats the differnce with tactile bump and tactile click?

tactile switches just have a bump, clicky switches have a loud click that correlates with the tactile bump

They're both tactile, but clicky switches are also loud on top of the bump to give you more audio feedback when you type.

ok thanks.
but raises a question, why would someone need that loud click when they can feel the tactile bump? just nice to hear the clicking?

Any keyboards come out in the past year or so that have a trackpad / trackball attached to them? Been thinking of grabbing something for use at a living room computer. Wired is perfectly fine since I have a USB port routed to my coffee table.

Attached: SC-35PU-WHT-angle-3x3.jpg (640x480, 66K)

yes basically

sometimes the click actually is a result of the switch functioning father than a separate action as well

>bought model f keyboard in July of 2017 for $375 with the promise that I'd get it in Q4 2017
>remember about it today, check website
>now it's promised for Q3 2018
Did I get memed?