What do you think about fake news? In the age of information shouldn't there be more real news than fake...

What do you think about fake news? In the age of information shouldn't there be more real news than fake? Who is responsible for fake news? Are tech corps liable to be held accountable for their manipulation of search engines in order to appease minority groups?

Attached: FAKE_NEWS.png (1005x600, 838K)

Other urls found in this thread:

paulgraham.com/submarine.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>What do you think about fake news? In the age of information shouldn't there be more real news than fake?
there will always be retards who can't think for themselves and need to outsource their opinions, so as long as that's the case information quality will take a backseat
>Who is responsible for fake news?
psyops has forever been a part of government and military operations, it's ingrained in our culture and all of us are responsible
>Are tech corps liable to be held accountable for their manipulation of search engines in order to appease minority groups?
if you think they are not being accountable then stop using their search engines, i for one don't use them anymore because their product quality has gone way downhill

Attached: 1506020698955.png (640x715, 216K)

Fake news. Tough one. On one hand - all main stream media is controlled by governments and thus is gov propaganda (especially in this PC age). On the other hand there is load of fake news pushed on social/other media by other governments and NGOs in attempt to weaken/affect/tople governments...

Basically - you are screwed anyway. Chose the side that you find most fun and enjoy the ride.

>Who is responsible for fake news?
dumb consumers who don't care about crosschecking sources, and who keeps funding these news by reading them.

Attached: 1493227642389.jpg (540x429, 61K)

>choosing a side
Brainlet

Attached: 1514830954798.png (500x810, 191K)

>NASA
I don't get it

Fake new is a meme. It's just main stream media companies trying to shut down online upstarts

Are you actually trying to make the argument that fake news does not occur

NASA owns the moon and Mars (which they have been to repeatedly).
There are literally mountains of precious metals on Mars--all this "red planet" nonsense is just atmospheric refraction like what our own sky does at evening.
The moon is almost one solid chunk of titanium.
NASA is the wealthiest organization in the world.

Fucking spherecuck

fake news is a made.up argument that they use to discredit the competition

also, kinda related:
paulgraham.com/submarine.html

The meme is that it's some new phenomenon, caused by [people I don't like], requiring [people I like] to take control

Time to take your meds

trying to ban "fake news" is an attack on freedom of speech
nothing more, nothing less

Not really.
Any organization that is supposed to be reliable and trustworthy, aka news outlets, should be accountable to some extent.
If advertisements have regulations where they can't just make shit up or need disclaimers if they do, any and all news outlets should too.
I mean the purpose of news nowadays is to entertain or help your group's circlejerk. It's not to inform.

please define the following: news outlets, accountable, some extent, nowadays

the issue is that the newspaper costing money ensured quality, with some notable exceptions being tabloids. now that media can be exchanged for free, there's no price to ensure quality. It's all shit.

tabloids were notable, but not notable "exceptions"

What makes news real? If you think the shit on CNN or Fox is more valid or even true because it's a namebrand bullshit you're a retard.

please define my wiener
tabloids were like a satire site. everyone knew that shit was fake, it was for entertainment

>please define my wiener
really fuckin short lmao

>tabloids were like a satire site. everyone knew that shit was fake, it was for entertainment
lol

A bigger issue with fake news is that it's not really that it's fake. A lot of fake news is actually real, but the problem lies with use of buzzwords/dog-whistles, incomplete reporting/photos, misleading titles, and use of vague and obscure catch-all terms to either extremely overplay or underplay qualities for certain topics all followed up with with link posting to Twitter or Facebook and a biased blurb where the disclaimer is that the post itself is discussion or opinion by a reporter rather than unbiased reporting by a network, and that's where all hell really breaks loose since a lot of people on social media probably jump into a discussion without digging deeper into the actual information source.

The real solution would be for people to become more literate, check sources, carefully comb through graphs amd figures, all while taking into account perspective and thinking about why the news may have been reported to them in the fashion they recieved it in as opposed to any other possible method of presentation. And most importantly, to take things with a grain of salt.

But who am I kidding? We're all going to blame the news for not properly corralling the retards instead of telling the retards to get it together. We'll limit free speech and then hope whoever does control the news in the future is telling us the truth.

>A lot of fake news is actually real, but the problem lies with use of buzzwords/dog-whistles, incomplete reporting/photos, misleading titles, and use of vague and obscure catch-all terms to either extremely overplay or underplay qualities for certain topics
so, just like OPs pic

Yellow journalism has been around for ages.
The news was never good.

Attached: 1509635594693.jpg (500x495, 63K)

Reuters is pretty good on giving the actual news. If you think CNN and Fox are even news outlets, then you're the retard. Even BBC is highly questionable these days.