Why /g hate this man?

Why /g hate this man?

Attached: 9B12B7CC-8BC0-4C0C-B6BF-2C0D95BAFDD0.jpg (400x400, 29K)

systemd

A small, vocal minority dislikes the direction he is taking linux with systemd and their reasons are largely philosophical. Spergs on g like to echo this while still using still using windows with google services, so when they screech “botnet” it must be taken with a pinch of salt.

>their reasons are largely philosophical
nah, they're actually crusty sysadmins who are mad that their career full of bash hacking skills is about to be invalidated. Don't conflate people's rhetoric with their actual reasoning. That's a childish mistake.

those people should be screaming at solomon hykes and his ilk instead

I don't. He did good.

Isn't systemd supports legacy scripts?

Meh, I'm pretty annoyed that deployment and configuration is being moved (not duplicated - they're threatening to rip out NetSh for example) to PowerShell here in Windows World. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I don't have enough knowledge (or care factor) to know if this applies to systemd though.

not a bug

To be fair, it is pretty hard for anything in the Linux world to be discerned from "bug" and "expected behaviour".

>they're actually crusty sysadmins who are mad that their career full of bash hacking skills is about to be invalidated
Maybe the people are retarded, but the future of sysadmin is very high skilled, it involves functional package management like NixOS and GUIXSD which will require manpower for system administration

He's a mean bean.

Maybe, but things that were inherent systemD problems that could be leveraged to gain system access should've at least prompted the systemD developers to change their implementations of things that allowed those, but instead they just didn't give a shit

you can easily rollback/duplicate/template containers/VMs/whatever already

because Jow Forums became

>Jow Forums - tech fake news

I am happy with systemd-free, pulseaudio-free CloverOS.

Attached: 2018-04-09-213716_7680x4320_scrot.jpg (7680x4320, 3.96M)

trash

He's a faggot.

*CIANIGGER

Attached: foetering.jpg (864x576, 161K)

bloat

I'm actually neutral on systemd.
Though if you're going to change everything why use a new set of stupid naming conventions?
>arbitraryctl reappraise -1

I hate him for pulseaudio, and to a lesser extent palimpsest, and I've forgotten the other shit he fucked up.

pulseaudio

i'm not sure if i'm too new or too young to know, but what exactly is the problem with PulseAudio and is it still a problem? I have not come across anything hate worthy about it myself.

It's not that bad, once the distro people read the documentation. (Once the code stabilizes and the documentation's written.) But like e.g. grub2, it's a case of taking something that's poorly documented and cludgy, re-writing from scratch, then realizing that you've missed 80% of the functionality and piling on layers of undocumented cruft.

Attached: pareto.png (1300x702, 390K)

>A small, vocal minority dislikes the direction he is taking linux
Thanks for admitting that he's hijacked Linux.

basically cia 4d chess to kill ubuntu and other main distros in a few years.

>philosophical
rly m8? Shitty unaudited code. Security issues and him being afraid of being given cves. Forcing other projects to depend on his shitty project.
Philosophical. Yah sure.

B O T N E T
O
T
N
E
T

eternal kraut

He ruin big three distros with 1 simple trick

underrated

Worked on Gentoo from the start, same as with Grub 2.

So basically, you were probably using Ubuntu...?

LEAVE LUNDUKE ALONE!

Attached: giphy.gif (499x241, 673K)

uhh... ok. saying it's "as bad as grub2" doesn't mean anything to me as i can't say i've had problems with it either. i'm not a distro maintainer or a kernel hacker so i don't care if it's ugly under the hood.

Who is this qt aryan boi?

I think it's a shame that the Linux community puts such large efforts behind everything but the application development situation.
If it was next to free to port to Linux from another OS that'd be great.
It's not so people don't.

>philosophical
A STOP JOB IS RUNNING...

Jealousy mostly.

Attached: gsucks.jpg (828x134, 105K)

Text manipullation is slow. Logging is slow specially if it's verbose and in text format. I'm glad someone spotted the problem and tried to fix it. Binary logs ftw.
Init scripts were a major source of bugs and nightmares for distro makers. Shell scripting is a joke security wise and slow as hell. I'm glad someone got rid of that shit.
ALSA was ridden by bugs everywhere. Only the most basic stuff worked consistently across hardware. Pulseaudio uncovered lots of latent bugs in ALSA. Be glad for that. It also made everything audio related mostly plug and play. The only defect is latency tho.

All in all the worst is his attitude.