IdeaPads?

So I know the general consensus of what I've seen on Jow Forums has been mainly positive towards ThinkPads, but what about the more affordable IdeaPads? Are they also good or are they worthless. Thinking of buying the one in the pic because I'm poor and can't pay over 1k for a new ThinkPad.

Attached: Screenshot_20180409-164829.png (1080x1920, 482K)

No. Don't do it dawg.

Are there any good (4gb ram, maybe 500gb memory) below $500 laptops that I can find?

What's your use case? Of course Thinkpad would be the obvious choice but maybe check out Chromebooks.

Good point, thanks user. I'll check out ChromeBooks.

There are ThinkPad Chromebooks, you know.

Why would they be good?
It's garbage like all other cheap laptops.

Yeah, you can get a CPU and some RAM for under $500.
But the chassis will be cheap plastic and break within 2 years, and the screen, keyboard and trackpad will be terrible.

Either buy a second hand laptop or save up for something that will last longer and bring you more joy.

>can't pay over 1k for a new ThinkPad
Then pay $150 for a T420 or T430

Just don't

Good God please no

Plastic shit is plastic shit user, wish I saved money for a laptop that is not fucking cheap plastic.

i have an ideapad 310 and its pretty noice. the only real problem is the garbage screen and hinge.

They're not even close to the shit tier thinkpads like the L series, let alone actual thinkpads.

I'm looking at the t430, should I buy it "referbished" off Newegg or just find a shitty eBay seller?

What else would they be made of, iron?

Magnesium and aluminum, dumbass

Get the 420. The keyboard is goat. I recommend you buy them off Newegg. Better QC. often cheaper if they don't come with a bullshit windows install

Try to look for a used X1 carbon on ebay - you can find them cheap ($200-300 usd) and they have pretty nice specs.

Had a U410 and regretted it within 6 months. The construction quality is awful, batteries are shit, the Optimus fucks up half the time to the point I wound up disabling the dGPU. When the screen cracked from opening the broken hinge wrong once I just removed it and turned it into an HTPC for my folks, I suppose it can at least run Netflix for them.

>below $500
100 more you could get a brand new x270 or t470, even with 8gb ram and extra large battery. check /tpg/ faggot.

>>iron laptop

Now there's an idea.

its fucking trash

I've got 2 110s and they work fine.

Don't.
t. G50-80 owner