What the fuck happened to antivirus software

just half a year ago could get free antivirus installers that would give some protection from getting instantly botnetted just from hooking up to the internet.

but now I've gone through 3 antivirus programs and none of them give a complete can be installed without internet package anymore even the megabyte size installers are just internet dependent ones.

its a fucking catch 22 that anyone setting up a computer for the first time needs to just drop their pants spread their cheeks and shuffle ass forward into the internet rape machine to get their digital chastity belt.

HOW THE FUCK DID THIS NONSENSE EVEN BECOME A THING.
also pls help.

Attached: catch22.jpg (474x474, 18K)

you either die a hero or live long enough to become the villain

okay managed to find an avast offline installer that I think will work but I only managed to find it using a google link and being technical enough to know what to look for.

as far as I can tell avast's site gives no link to the page and its only accessible through search or knowing the name of the page.

fuck this shit is so arcane I think most technical people would have trouble finding an offline installer nowadays let alone normies.

where the fuck did this nonsense come from?

You don't need any protection, God is perfectly just.

>using an OS that is capable of getting viruses

What did you expect to happen?

Download the .exe on your phone? Then transfer it over. If you're honestly so bad at using a PC that you're afraid of viruses by going to a single website to get anti-virus, stop using computers all together.

Antiviruses have been just a meme for at least ten years. With any modern windows system, all they do is reduce security by bypassing the in built system protections, opening up shady undocumented APIs and increasing the attack surface for malware to attack

All you need is the in built Windows Defender, and Common Sense 2018™

Attached: caught.gif (319x294, 2.02M)

Just install Microsoft's antivirus. It may not be the best, but it's not bad.

Avira has saved my skin a few times.
It is a hassle when developing C programs though, since every time I run a freshly compiled program it will spend 20 seconds scanning it before it runs.

explain gif?

For my parents I just set them up with AVG free. Honestly if you don't mind paying for software, Malwarebytes pro is some of the best anti everything on the market. like $50 a year though.

There were coupons online somewhere to get a 2 year deal for $30 or some shit but I can't find them.

>2018
>buying antivirus

Do you get the flu shot too?

Oh stop being a fag. Sometimes paid software is worth it. MBAM pro gives passive scans along side manual scans and a bunch of other shit too. If someone is as paranoid as OP to NEED antivirus, they might be willing to pay for peace of mind.

I personally use MBAM free, and CCleaner. Nothing else.

I have a working internet connected machine I was using to transfer the installers over dumbass.
my problem was that they all needed to hook up to the internet to actually download the antivirus but the antivirus is needed to hook up to the internet without getting instantly infected.

>Instantly infected
What bullshit scammer site are you visiting to get these downloads from that you're getting viruses the SECOND you connect to the web?

And you realize windows has it defender shit by default right? And if you really, REALLY were concerned about anti-virus and potential of infection, 6ou wouldn't be using Windows in the first place. Anti-virus is not the end all be all and as mentioned ITT has the capability of just increasing your area of attack from viruses via firewall and registry changes.

I mean for fucks sake if it were that bad, you could just use a hardened Firefox install to navigate to the site to get the anti-virus.

>download mbytes free, buy lifetime key if you want since they're cheap
>hitmanpro
>adwcleaner
>rkill / roguekiller
>last resort for windows 7/8 - combofix
>Mac/Linux - don't worry about this shit

Been virus free for years.

You don't get instantly infected when you connect to the web. Your computer probably has a virus written to the bios or to the recovery partition.

How do you think connecting to the internet will give you a virus, exactly?

>>Mac/Linux - don't worry about this shit

Attached: 590.gif (280x207, 453K)

Just use linux if your afraid of viruses.

there have been viruses that spread by pinging a random computer on the internet that's it your machine can be completely overtaken and botnetted while your completely unaware by network trawling botnets constantly searching for systems with known security flaws.

Defender doesn't spot maleare. Just activatirs fo office so you pay the ZOG for that overpriced shit.

Oh, so you actually are retarded, gotcha.

Windows itself is malware, Microcunt spies on every shit you click, listens to your mic.

>antivirus
fuck off winfaggot

install gentoo

All OSs can get viruses you nunce.

All ppl can have herpes but only Americans do.

bitdefender seems to work fairly well, is lightweight and doesn't bug you constantly about stupid stuff. I can't remember if it has an online or offline installer though, its been a few years since I had to reinstall windows

Lol what? Is this windows XP before the service patches?

Bait thread

0/10

This, if you're paranoid enough to pay, you should be paranoid enough to install a secure system in the first place.

>op makes thread about antivirus companies doing something stupid that effects everyone trying to setup a new windows computer hoping to get intelligent discussion
>Jow Forumsentoomen unaware internet is full of botnets constantly trawling for unprotected systems to seize control of
>track under thread immediately collapses plunging thread into a pit of shitposts and technological illiteracy
>op is afflicted with depression lost 2 points faith in humanity

Attached: excalibait.png (1920x1080, 201K)