Why are botnet browsers winning?

Why are botnet browsers winning?
Do normalfags really not think for a second about their choices?

Attached: why god.png (1287x531, 42K)

No, they really don’t. Like, at all.
>What’s a computer?

Popular culture and California

Exploler has more users than firefox

Attached: 1481484560501.gif (280x210, 1.41M)

Is it even officially supported?
It would be a windows 8 and below thing right?

"Google would never steal my information. They're good people, and the browser is fast and convenient."

Yep, it's not supported

>using the (((web)))
I don't even use the web for Jow Forums, I made my own client. I have no web browser on my machine.

Sometimes they do, like the recent facebook panic shows. But then you tell them that they'll have to change what they do online in order to avoid it, and they suddenly lose all inclination to care. Like, even installing a different browser is too much work for them to even consider. They want to keep living their online lives with their Google everything and facebook pages and so on, but have someone else take care of all this nasty tech shit about privacy for them so they don't have to lift a finger.

and hence the botnet not only persists but grows unchecked.

I use Opera.

if anyone here cared about privacy they wouldn't be posting
Google and Hiro are data mining the fuck out of everything

>They want to keep living their lives the way they have, but have someone else take care of all this nasty shit for them so they don't have to lift a finger.
Fixed.

Need. Gib sauce.

Normalfags only care about what the media and big corps order them to care about. Before the news coverage they didn't care about Facebook as a business. They only install chrome because a big sign tells them to do. They're indoctrinated and tamed.

Firefox isn't a "botnet browser" even in the retarded Jow Forums sense.

The power of money.
No i'm not joking this is 100% thanks to how many shekels google dumped to spread chrome.

so i'm basically a normie, but I take a passing interest in this shit, what browser should I be using?

Google Chrome is convenient as fuck.

you should use safari, edge, or chrome

Firefox Nightly

>Google Chrome is convenient as fuck.
muh comfiness is all that matters

Firefox isn't fighting. google and microsoft have vast resources, microsoft owns windows and google owns everything so they buttfuck firefox out of competition, how on earth would you ever get an average person to use firefox? The average person doesn't even know firefox exists.
So as someone has already pointed out, "I just want convenience." The classic tale.
and even firefox itself while getting less and less attention decides to try to fight back by becoming the very thing it sought to destroy with the big update. A lot of people don't like the new firefox without certain old add-ons that no longer work. To be honest I don't even know much about it I still haven't updated my firefox because all I know is I can't use classic theme restorer. Every internet browser is terrible, and every operating system is terrible to. rawr rawr rawr, guu guu guu. chrome is the worst bloody thing though I could write pages about everything terrible about chrome. I mean you could said edgy is worse, but it's not really real competition, it's a joke. It's like an xbox vs playstation thing, nintendo is always off to the side, you just kind of smile at them. Edge is the nintendo of internet browsers, except it doesn't even make you smile.

Attached: s3389.png (298x155, 15K)

As someone that have used Firefox since its 0.x days, I've noticed that I get a lot of shitty comments from people for using Firefox. Apparently certain people think they need to help you get on the right track as a Chrome user. I'll keep using Firefox until I find something I like more (already found that on OS X with Safari, but I don't use OS X).

Chrome gets bundled with pretty much anything on Windows, and MS abuse their position to nag you about Edge. In addition, you have "tech enthusiasts" that go out of their way to recommend their own favorite browser (Chrome) to people, instead of giving them options and letting people choose on their own.

At some point I just stopped talking about technology with real people, since I always end up getting shitty comments about the brand of my computer and its parts, and the software I use. Who cares, it doesn't matter. Like when people come up to me and start talking about Windows and how they like Eclipse for coding, I'm not going to be all shitty about proprietary software and java around them. Sure I don't like Windows, and I don't like Java, but me sperging about it isn't going to change their minds or ways.

I actually use Chrome for the botnet features

I always set my useragent to chrome on mac for firefox.

Because best browser was successfully assassinated.

The Facebook panic was because they didn't like evil drumpf. They wouldn't have thought twice about it if Hillary won and they announced Hillary did the same thing (I guaran-fucking-tee you they did).

Firefox has been shit for years now, only the latest Quantum release is anywhere near as good as Chrome has been for years.
So no real surprise

>Do normalfags really not think for a second about their choices?

> asking a rhetorical question

Having chrome tell me where I parked my car
My commute time
Hell I plan a work trip abroard, get the emails delivered to my gmail, Google sort them into an itinerary, with little maps, travel times, reminders, reference numbers

All I've had to give them is my soul

Is the open source chromium browser also botnet?

Because the web is an absolute fucking mess of badly designed protocols and ambiguous specs tangled together into a steaming pile of shit with motherfucking JavaScript on top of it. Creating a browser that even pretends to care about security in $current_year (even if you disregard non-security related things like speed, Acid-compliance etc.) requires _enormous_ resources only the biggest players have. Your choices are: either pick the player you distrust the least or become an edgy faggot believing that "creators" or meme browsers like PaleWaterMoonChromium understand the codebase they fork, which they don't.

Information collection is a pretty vague threat for them, they prefer using the browser they think works the best.

Firefox is still a better choice than Chrome. Even if they are a small company compared to google, they put a lot of resources in development. Waterfox is pretty much firefox with some telemetry disabled.

Why do I care about botnets, again?

Get laid... And go outside

yes

Yes, look up ungoogled-chromium.

Firefox Nightly / Quantum is nice a quick and as, if not more, standards compliant than Chrome.

It fixes most of the slowness shit that made Firefox annoying in the past.

After some time I started using Firefox again, but it constantly breaks gpu driver so I'm back on Chrome

I dropped Chrome several times because it was a hassle to use. So many little things didn't feel right

Same with Firefox until the Quantum revolution...

It's still supported.

Only for security updates.
It's badly broken on Win10, and nobody is going to fix it.

Which browsers aren't botnet?
I tried waterfox with custom user.js file but every site was broken as fuck.

>Which browsers aren't botnet?
Firefox with about:config settings changed. That's it.
Everyone else has an incentive to track you.

These old farts still use it after somehow managing to find it.

I don't sell yayo on dream market and I use another pc for CP
Why should I care about privacy? I kind of like having relevant adds

>Normalfags
>Think for a second about their choices

They don't even know HOW to choose.
Usually, they pick the most popular to them

Firefox Nightly.

They know not to choose Linux.

>Why are botnet browsers winning?
Because they look good, are idiot-proof and get shilled most
>Do normalfags really not think for a second about their choices?
Normalfags dont realize they even have choices.

Lynx. This kills the botnet. Also your patience.

>internet exploder surpassed firefucks
mozillas nu-management team must be proud
what a time to be alive

IE is great lmao

explorer always had more market share AFAIK

Those morons are just crying over the big bad orange man because the news channels told them so. None of the mindless sheep ever gave a shit before their masters told them to.

I think this can entirely be explained in one word: Granny.
To expand on that though, granny or gramps on their old Windows XP machines likely don't even know about web browsers or that they have choices. They pretty much know that if they click the little IE button, they get to the internet.
If Windows hypothetically decided to make Firefox the default, all that IE marketshare would pretty much vanish. Same goes for if GNU/Linux took over on the desktop. The 100% computer illiterate will often just stick to the default, and since the default on Windows is IE, IE gets its marketshare from them.

>implying having quality software with low market share is bad

that's good for us, same thing with linux.

Attached: 1508179923239.jpg (640x640, 69K)

>always
nope, going back 2 or so years, ff was ahead of ie. ie has been in a down slope for many years now (more than a decade, jesus...) this is just topkek because now firefox usage ratio seems to be decreasing faster than ie usage ratio, but why would that be? *cough*nu-mozillans*cough* :^)

Le don't be le ebil xDDDD

normalfags didn't give a shit when Obama did it.

Shit load of enterprise only work in IE

it gets really shitty when the cache folder gets full

>(((edge)))

fpbp

Because Firefox is a piece of shit since 2012 or so

Chrome is a botnet.
Firefox is a botnet now too.
All other usable browsers are Firefox or Chrome botnet based.

There's no escape.

>how on earth would you ever get an average person to use firefox?
>install firefox
>make it the default browser
>hide any "install chrome" or "use edge" ad
>done
Most people don't know what is a browser, as long as they can access to their favorite sites they will be fine with anything

Lynx. It doesn't even render bloat, which is great.

they didn't choose anything, the computer came pre-installed with windows