Now that Palemoon has shown it's unstable and supposedly has botnet what browser should I move to...

Now that Palemoon has shown it's unstable and supposedly has botnet what browser should I move to? I'm looking for low resources and basic extensions like adblock/cookie deleter. Also one that doesn't save history when you close your browser.

Attached: images.duckduckgo.com.png (400x400, 240K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gist.github.com/0XDE57/fbd302cef7693e62c769
github.com/ghacksuserjs/ghacks-user.js
businessinsider.com/firefoxs-mr-robot-marketing-stunt-goes-wrong-users-think-they-downloaded-virus-2017-12
archive.is/ZIjDV
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Use FF Quantum, just make sure to configure the privacy bullshit in about:config before first use.
>one that doesn't save history
Every major browser does this.

Attached: autism.png (1103x38, 15K)

If you mean that people can't write a simple name, yes that is probably autism.

I've used pale moon for years and there is not a single better alternative. Mainline fire fox? Botnet shit. And everything else is chrome based. Or somehow more untrustworthy than a furry autistic supreme leader

>Mainline fire fox? Botnet shit.
Fuck off with this crap. Firefox is open, go inspect the code yourself if you don't trust them. Mozilla would be completely moronic to put anything in.

>unstable and supposedly has botnet
[citation needed]

Attached: 1522081611376.jpg (400x500, 33K)

Opera.

>he thinks palememe is better
And stop spreading FUD about not being able to disable everything in firefox

Fuck off shill.

>t. pale meme shill

Yet still the furry duck is more trustworthy

What do I use? Answer me. Nobody gives a solid answer. They just say names with no reasoning to back them up.

Iridium? Brave? Yandex? Opera?

>implying

Implying what, shill?
Use. Fucking. Firefox. But tweak about:config like just about every user does. And don't listen to Jow Forums.

>literally cant turn off telemetry, just like chrome
>owned by a chinese company

If you want full privacy dont use a chromium browser unless it has every google api ripped out like ungoogled-chromium. But these forks arent maintained by enough people.
Honestly though firefox is the best if you tweak about:config.

I'm not shilling Stale Meme. I don't use that old pile of shit at all. GTFO Mozfag.

What are you shilling, then? It's clearly something.

Brave is surprisingly capable out-of-the-box -- with the ability to turn off javascript and cookies globally but turn them on on a per-doman basis, in a umatrix-lite fashion -- but in the end a lack of an equivalent to Stylish made me move back to Palememe. At least it's a browser that lets me have more than 10 tabs open at a time without squishing them to hell, although since they have these tab group things, I really wish I could open one manually instead of it just making a new one at x-many tabs. I'm interested in what it'll look like with another year or two in the oven, right now it's up there with qutebrowser for potential replacements when this furfag shit goes tits-up.
Only real downside to all of Palememe's alternatives is that it's the last browser with a commitment to using gtk2. Gtk3 is fucking dogshit and gtk4 is shaping up to be a dumpster fire the likes of which the world has never seen before. I wish the KDE filepicker didn't rely on running KDE.

Attached: 1519189720940.jpg (542x540, 62K)

Link for guide on how to mess with the config?

>If I don't like the thing you shill then I'm a shill for something else

Right, that's how it works. Glad we're on the same page.

Fuck off shill. This browser is not for privacy.

>use fire gfox

How can you expect me to trust that

He/she/they works for them, that's how.

Idk? Why did you fucking ask what to use? Obviously you havent used it properly configured and monitored your network or you wouldnt still be questioning this.

Lots of guides out there. Use a search engine.

Firefox has staked its rep on openness and privacy relative to other browsers. Mozilla has the most to lose from putting bullshit in.
That and you can inspect the code yourself, ofc...

clearly you haven't used seamonkey then

Platitudes aren't action, and how can you unironically ask someone to review thousands of lines of code? Fucking shill logic.

What else would you suggest? What could Mozilla do to convince the likes of you, in theory?

You should read up on what your toggling because you might break some functionality you might want.
Here a couple, there are many out there.

gist.github.com/0XDE57/fbd302cef7693e62c769

github.com/ghacksuserjs/ghacks-user.js

>You're a shill because you're discussing a thing that I don't like.
But now that you mention it, I did have more complaints.
>Despite the fact that the built-in adblock seemed good enough, there's no obvious way to add filters that aren't built-in.
>Search engines are baked in, with a million added for you to choose from, but no obvious way to remove botnetted ones or add new ones.
That said, with the source code for everything laid bare, whether or not it's "for privacy" is irrelevant. Chromium isn't for privacy either, and is a product released by a company that makes money from advertisements, but that doesn't stop dipshits like , or the developers of the ungoogled fork, because the source code is available to the public under a free software license.
You're more than welcome to try and provide a better alternative to the three browsers aforementioned, but I guarantee that whatever your suggestion is will suck, especially if it's "lol just use firefox".

Attached: 1520533516106.jpg (720x718, 33K)

Stop fucking around with political bullshit and focus on their one project they were good at. It's not what they believe, it's that they allow themselves to be distracted and invest in something that isn't part of their core mission. Actually fixing their long-standing issues and listening to the community calling out their bad decisions would go a long way to restoring my trust too.

Pretty sure they're already doing all of that.

Though the political stuff is difficult to drop entirely because there's plenty of support for it too.

and the search for the memeiest browser continues

>Pretty sure they're already doing all of that.
When they deliver a browser leaner and more responsive than Chrome and just as customizable as pre-Australis Firefox, I'll start believing again.

That they've already done. Not just doing.

Use the latest version as primary for like a minute and it's fucking obvious.

So what you're saying is that firefox and all the forks and botnet because no one could have passably reviewed all the lines of code

icecat is an alternative, but I don't trust waterfox or cyberfox in the slightest.
its going to be rebased on quantum.
I like it a lot, but it uses quite a lot of ram for each new tab compared to palemoon
>solid answer
whatever you want.
if you need other people to tell you this you should probably kill yourself
my main criteria are that it has to use a special snowflake rendering engine like Dillo or Netsurf in order to encourage standard compliant web pages rather than ie/netscape clusterfuck of non-compliance.
the other criteria is that I have to be able to block ads and use custom usercripts, which leaves me with nothing but chrome and firefox derivatives most of which I have to reject out of hand due to privacy issues or dogshit performance or removing of customization.
every thread I can, I shill kmeleon, ff 3.6.28, opera presto, qupzilla/Falkon which despite the numerous drawbacks offer something closer to my ideal.

> Use the latest version as primary for like a minute and it's fucking obvious.
The only thing that was obvious to me is that it used a fuckton of memory and was less responsive than Stale Meme while being less customizable (in terms of interface and add-ons.)

Is this thread Jow Forums's console wars? But with browsers? You guys are retarded, how hard is it to suggest a browser. I guarantee all of you saying Firefox is botnet have no fucking idea what you're talking about. All theories and assumptions without proof.

Someone actively developing a fork is certainly in a better position to know, but yes it’s likely impossible to know for certain.

is bluemoon supposed make windows defender turn on?

my hard drive is currently doing an ancient evil awakens impression ever since yesterday. cant fucking turn this shit off.

if anyone ever deserved a mass shooting it's those cunts microsoft.

> how hard is it to suggest a browser
They’re all shit. Waterfox, Pale Moon, Ungoogled Chromium and obscure loonix browsers are the golden poos. The rest are just poos.

> All theories and assumptions without proof
There is proof, you just don’t lurk enough. The shills coming in and derailing the thread don’t help.

> is bluemoon supposed make windows defender turn on?
If you didn’t download from palemoon.org you probably got a wirus.

Proof that firefox did something it wasnt supposed to with proper configuration? Isn't it just someones word? Where is the actual evidence?

I want a gtk2 browser that works with tree style tabs and vimperator. Pale meme is the only I know that does that, so I'm stuck with it for now.

businessinsider.com/firefoxs-mr-robot-marketing-stunt-goes-wrong-users-think-they-downloaded-virus-2017-12
archive.is/ZIjDV (same as above)
Just a start, I don’t feel like digging any deeper. Someone lurking must have a list though.

So they removed 'pocket' and other useless shit?

This isn't proof at all that they properly configured their browsers. There are a lot of settings in firefox and are easy to leave on by default.

Are you fucking stupid? The browser was configured BY MOZILLA to do shit like that. The fact that one has to “properly configure” a supposedly privacy and security focused browser in the first place means they’ve failed and the fact they thought they could pull a stunt like that means that they don’t actually follow their own philosophy. It’s botnet shit, accept that and improve it if you’re inclined.

Most stuff is opt-out. Thats been my point the whole time. I suppose they do it that way for funding and for more crash reports. To use firefox for privacy you need to use about:config

Why didnt they write their web address right, fucking spergs. It should've been Pale Moon.org

Drink bleach you fucking retard.
>t. not the person you were replying to

Didn't firefox sneak in advertisements for a tv show and then shut down all criticism when found.

Ungoogled Chromium still king.

Literally read the thread nigger

Can anyone else confirm Quantum isn't just another shilled botnet garbage?

telemetry is completely off, unless you're on nightlies
but in that case you can turn it off with a config file

>Most stuff is opt-out
Then they’ve failed.

Attached: 4L_BMStSHO3.png (1125x525, 62K)

>Iridium
Man, I love this browser. It was the only modern browser that enables my 8 year old netbook to browse the web in respectable performance. I wholly recommend to anyone with crappy hardware that struggles to run modern browsers.

At least buy a TP. Dammit.

the Patrician's choice

Attached: seamonkey.jpg (520x520, 27K)

Buy a what?

toilet paper

Qupzilla

Attached: 1502838392002.png (937x1999, 262K)

>sjwzilla shills angry firefox is STILL losing marketshare

Ok, more toilet papers are always a good thing.

>privacy focused
>entire goal is to collect data about you for advertisements

lmao

Ah yes, because it's an incredibly wise decision to choose your browser solely based on the political activity of the organization behind it, especially when the entire industry is full of said activity...

I like how everyone shills Ungoogled Chromium and Iridium, but no one actually uses them.

that's because they are not maintained anymore

Faggot tier browser
Waterfox

Point out a flaw.

Attached: icecat.png (650x650, 177K)

What are you meant to look for in a browser?

That logo, for starters.

You haven't justified your shitty opinion, dumbass.

privacytools.io