Can someone give resources on learning R? All my life I've wanted to learn R

Can someone give resources on learning R? All my life I've wanted to learn R

Attached: 1461828826041.jpg (700x547, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gen.lib.rus.ec/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bump

Check out the book R in Action if you want to use it for stats. Otherwise The art of R programming is fine.

Then learn R. Agilent was hiring Biology grad majors who knew R to help with cancer research.

That's quite a strange life goal. But seconding this that book is perfect

Shit now I need to find a pdf for one of those.

my dad used R and has since passed away.

gen.lib.rus.ec/

You WANT to learn R(etardation)?

python

only for scientists kid, children need not apply

>i smart
Learn to use C then, faggot. You can do everything you can do in any language in C.

Christ dude you have the tism

You have the dism.

people with jobs value their time
you're not wrong, you could do it with C, but it would take you 20 times as long

hundreds of lines more for each thing you need to do
unit tests
debugging
memory management
crashes

and all for what? to say that you can work with C like that makes you cool, when every freshman in every cs school is taught C anyway?

Only Jow Forums and freshmen care about C so much

For the majority of cases : saying you know C is the equivalent to saying you have autism in conversation. Completely unwarranted and doesn't pertain to the current situation

Stop posting anime.

Attached: .jpg (720x400, 59K)

embedded nigga, plus the code is super easy to read. dont forget linux is written in C and many programs you dont even realize you use is written in c

Yeah and

>unit tests
Lol
Who actually does them?

there are more elegant ways of telling everybody you're unemployed

I don't think you understand what R is used for. Actually I don't think you understand anything at all

I am employed I just don't do them and tell other people to do them

The coursera data science course is a good way to start with some actual examples.
But honestly you'd be better off learning Python.
R is only good for quick data manipulation and basic exploration.
Also it's a dying language and its very slow.

But if you're only in it b/c of curiosity go for it. Quite different from other programming languages, i had a great time getting familiar with it.

>doing unit tests on burgers

Unit tests are the shit. They stop other people from coming behind you and fucking up your code.

> unit tests
if you were going to do unit tests for your project in C, I don't see why you would skip them in R.
just because R programmers in general have poor coding habits doesn't mean you should.

> debugging
lol. there's no easier nor more pleasant language to debug than C.
debugging in R is a shitfest

> memory management
well true there's almost no way to manage memory in R but that's not really a good thing. it's supposed to be a language for statisticians but you can't work on large datasets with it.

> crashes
R crashes all the fucking time.

>r is dying
heh
>learn python
you're jokign right? Python doesn't have the shit I need R for
>inb4 that python thing that lets you just insert r code
R is still the dominant force in my industry, everyone uses it. Python gets some use as tiny scripts but everythign is majority R.

Maybe Julia is a rising star. but thats it

No sane company will choose C for big data either, even if R fails at it. C is old and busted, its only saving grace is that it’s king in situations where you’re very limited by hardware

what is the shit that you need R for ?
maybe for stuff like molecular biology or genetics you'd get better R packages but there are already packages coming up for python and you'll get more and more as time goes by.

I don't understand why the fuck Jow Forums doesn't love R more.

It has quote and eval. You can directly modify scope. It encourages functional programming and piping together pure functions. It has tons of metaprogramming features and a CLOS-style OOP. It's basically infix Lisp.

It’s boring, it’s used for things most people on Jow Forums don’t care about. Also it’s not a language that fits the mental masturbation that Jow Forums likes. It’s not cryptic like generic C++ or Haskell. It doesn’t have a reputation for being hardcore like C. You cannot pretend to be a special snowflake with it.
It’s literally the same reason why Jow Forums doesn’t like java or python either

Actually you hit the nail on the head, biology and genetics

Also I personally just prefer R structure to python

go to coursera