Server backdoor

I'm the lead programmer for a $30M/year hvac company and I made their CRM from scratch to replace the piece of shit they had before it. I'm being forced to take on a couple of front-end people below me, and despite my best efforts to explain how they don't need access to everything, I'm being forced to give it to them.

What are my options for some kind of backdoor? My fear is that they will team up and just fucking delete everything and claim I did it. Logs won't matter, if they try to do it, they'll just put pressure on the administrators and try to get me out quick.

Attached: backdoor.jpg (300x200, 15K)

Why would you make a CRM from scratch when many CRM packages exist already?

>and I made their CRM from scratch

Attached: d27.png (645x729, 75K)

>what are custom requirements

Most COTS packages can be configured for your "custom" requirements.

Why are you worried about it getting deleted when you have everything in Git anyway? I mean, it's not like you've written everything directly on the live server and that's the only live copy.

Yes, and the work involved in doing that tends to scale supralinearly with the amount of difference that is required, particularly if you want to keep compatibility with the upstream code so that you can merge their fixes to their problems. There are tons of legitimate reason to have a custom system that can be customized more easily.

Get that order done in writing/email and make it clear that if the system fucks up due to their errors it's not your responsibility.

You do understand that you also have to allign your business processes with the processes of the CRM. Ever heard of the terms best practice?

>You do understand that you also have to allign your business processes with the processes of the CRM.
And, again, that's exactly the kind of reasons why you'd want to write your own instead.

>My fear is that they will team up and just fucking delete everything and claim I did it

People like you should not be employed by any company worth it's salt.

>My fear is that they will team up and just fucking delete everything and claim I did it.
Are you medically paranoid, OP?

Attached: mikan-1.jpg (221x229, 15K)

No that's exactly why you shouldn't.

This is exactly why they didn't go with a COTS package, they spent well over $2M on two different ones last year and it was just some retarded sales asshole making shit up each week on how to change everything in their entire business to suit their shit software. Don't make me type out the whole story.

Also this, please don't make me type it out.

The catch-22 is that I have been the only one doing it. They don't have the structure at all. Best example is sometimes people said "oh i cant login to the CRM for 3 months ololol" and they used to get away with that. There isn't even an official rule to say, no, fuck off, you didn't tell anyone. I can't even get them to do that. They've never had an in house software of any kind and have no precedence.

It's code for "I am insecure and think other people will do better at my job and replace me if i let them work with me". Which is also why he wrote a custom CRM from scratch to further secure his job by being the only one that knows how it works and to maintain it.

Then in 10-15 years some poor bloke is going to come in and have to revamp the entire fucking mess left behind.

I'm sorry but this sounds like typical I don't know what I want but it has to be cheap decision making.

Amazing how all I ever see on this board is "u should write it all from scratch" and when I do, suddenly it's insecure this, unprofessional that.

What kind of retarded argument is that?
Doesn't answer anything.

>gets blamed for deleting everything
>put in a backdoor
Solid logic user. If they find that backdoor, you're fucked.

Also, if you're a lead software engineer, then how the fuck would you not know how to implement a good backdoor?

Most of this thread is bullshit, but this is worth paying attention to. You suspect these new people are going to try and fuck you so you want to install a back door. What happens when instead of deleting stuff they eventually run into that back door and out you as the one who installed it? How would you explain that to the company?

>I made their CRM from scratch
>My fear is that they will team up and just fucking delete everything and claim I did it
You are paranoid. I hope you're not the only person with full access and comprehension of this entirely custom system, that's a huge red flag in a risk assessment.

Your first mistake was taking anything here seriously. And if you indeed did write it on your own because you saw Jow Forums telling you to, instead of using an off the shelf solution, I hope you do get fired and replaced by more competent developers

Wish you could have been there when the cots vendor told them point blank they weren't adding another field unless they dropped another $200K and that everything in their cute little sales document was basically a bait and switch tactic

>Things that didn't happen

See you in my office tomorrow, user.