Is it worth 1700$?

Is it worth 1700$?

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-04-10 at 12.24.42 AM.png (2356x1102, 1000K)

No. Buy a T480

If they're so proud of the old thinpads having good design, why did they abandoned it? J U S T

I'll buy it when it drops below 300.

Retarded shit for numales and nu-Jow Forums redditors like you.

Sort of agree, no new thinkpad has really wowed me in years. T440p was their last good model, and even that is gimped to 16gb ram and a max FHD screen. Its all "thinner, lighter" and damn the cooling.

>chance to shift some shitty old cases left around the warehouse
10/10 ibm

In my opinion the xx30 generation was the last true best. Some years back Lelnovo hired some fucking bimbo chick as their head of product direction something whatever, I saw her on LinkedIn. Basically, its all her fault and David Hill is a nutless cuckold for being told to turn ThinkPads into female appealing bullshit. The only new machines that interest me are the P-Series machines, they still retain some of the nice things, like proper top-mounted hinges giving way to ports on the rear, I despise certain ports being on the side like power and Ethernet.

But yeah, I have an X220, X230 and W530. I wouldn't recommend any of the newer ones. I see tonnes of brand new and boxed xx40-xx60 models selling for less than old xx30 machines which is hilarious.

>slow ssd (2 pcie lines instead of 4)
>shit screen
>Lelnovo
Good advice: better throw money straight into the thrash

>edition
>edition
>edition
When is this stupid fucking trend going to die?

The WQHD is actually pretty good, and you should be able to transplant the X1C6 HDR soon

Its such a joke of a machine

where the fuck is a 4:3 or 3:2 aspect ratio

Even microshit got it fucking right but because of Lenovo fanboys they keep kicking the same shit cuz they know their rabid fanbase with lap it up regardless.

>soypad

god no

>soyface in promotional picture
They know their audience.

It's literally a T470 just with a different keyboards.

Fuck you, nigga. Got the x260 and x280 high end versions from work and they are glorious.

>W530
Worth it? I was considering getting one as a desktop replacement since I need something I can move around fairly frequently.

Yeah modern Thinkpads are nice, ignore the NEETS on Jow Forums.

>top-mounted hinges giving way to ports on the rear

Just use a dock when you're behind a desk.
Ports on the sides make far more sense when you're on the move.
And the modern hinges allow the screen to lay flat on a table which is a far more useful feature especially when you opt for a touchscreen.

>x280
x280 is pure shit. no battery bridge, no ram slot, no hard drive bay. basically a shrink x1 carbon.

Why not buy a 300 dollar used thinkpad and then give the rest for a 1400 dollar desktop?

>glorified T470
Buy a P51 for that kind of money and make sure to use the EPP for a sweet discount.

literally this
every year companies throw out basically new last gen models on ebay
spend the money on an ssd and ram upgrade and you have a beast
for less than 500 bucks at that

Attached: 1521051919208.jpg (1600x1132, 1.11M)