Redpill Me on This?

Can it replace Android? Is it still a botnet? Do the usual apps work with it?

Attached: Lineage-OS.png (1200x900, 176K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LineageOS
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Can it replace Android?
What? It is Android.

Explain how it differs then, please.

>Explain how it differs then, please.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LineageOS

What about the Pixel?

No

It's some POS Android-like OS made by pajeets and which barely works at all.

Generally, what are pros and cons of using Lineage OS over the OS a flagship phone has by default?
Without being autistic about it.

your phone might has apps preinstalled that cant be uninstalled/disabled.
your phone might be bloated out of the box (cheap phones are especially prone to this).
in those cases its a good option.
but it doesnt remove botnet

it's good for speeding up older phones!
my htc one m8 which i purchased whenever it was first released runs like new onlineageos 13

its stock android with a ton of customization available and theres weekly updates for most phones that have official releases
only con I can think of is how sloppy they can be with updates. one time they released an update for my phone that bricked everyone that updated.

You obviously don't know what you're talking about. I run lineageOS and every maintainer I've seen is white, Asian, or Hispanic. Mostly depends on the device you own. Flagships that aren't Samsung tend to be free of the poo curse. My LOS is full-foss and it runs wonderfully on my V20.
>store in pic related is just yalp with an icon for google play

Attached: Screenshot_20180410-022041.png (1440x2560, 2.38M)

I've done a bit of googling, and the general idea is that Lineage OS is a good debloat/UI customization solution, but it won't provide the best performance for various phone features which were intended to be used with the stock firmware. One of the more important examples being the camera functionality.
How true is that?

>One of the more important examples being the camera functionality.
from my experience this is usually the case with the latest Lineage OS versions
when android e.g. jumps from 7.1 to 8, lineage will be fairly quick to get on 8 aswell, but will take a while until all features work.
on the other hand, this might also be the only version to get the latest android version for your phone, because on non flagship phones, support is dropped fairly quick (they get official updates for maybe a year).
you can usually just check if the features work (4G, Camera, High Quality Calls) and if they dont use a Lineage release with an earlier android version.

What icon pack, user? Looks comfy.

> Lineage OS is a good debloat/UI customization solution
Yes
>..., but it won't provide the best performance for various phone features which were intended to be used with the stock firmware
Not really true. Only thing that comes to mind, that sometimes works worse, depending on your device is
> the camera functionality.

Beside debloating there are other good reasons for a Custom ROM.
- Installing microg or no gapps at all will greatly increase battery life.
- An older device, that doesn't get updates anymore or runs to slow because of the bloated gapps, can be re usable again.
-You can exclusively use FOSS software and escape the botnet

>Redpill me on this
Jews.

Been using it for nearly a year on my HTC 10
Never had a single issue

Pixel icon pack, free on PS with like 3k icons. I hate the round meme but it's the only one that themes every app I use that I like

if you buy a xiaomeme, it will be a pejeet.

>You can exclusively use FOSS software and escape the botnet

FOSS is being invaded by leftists. In five years your FOSS will require you to tick a box declaring that trannies are real women and everything you type will be uploaded and scanned for wrongthink.

Phone vendors ship their own Android firmware, which can include custom visuals, some apps, update mechanisms and who knows what else (probably drivers to make the device work). LineageOS is independent Android firmware not controlled by any vendor. The advantage I can see is dealing with poor updates from vendor or when vendor ships bloatware.

Maybe you shouldnt make a thread about a subject you know literally nothing about you fucking waste of oxygen

This is now a SailfishOS thread

Attached: sfos.png (1200x901, 46K)

Wow you're retarded
1. Android is open source
2. Lineage is that open source code compiled with a few tweeks
3. Google apps are botnet
4. If you dont install google apps you dont get botnet
Any more questions?

What messaging app?

Stock SMS and Telegram. I'm using the substratum theme "Focus" if anyone else was curious

Fuck off mauro

>but it doesn't remove the botnet
So how else to remove the botnet?

I heard there is this microg project to replace gapps. How does it work and do you recommend it?

With Android custom roms you can remove every component tied to Google services, but every mobile phone is inherently a botnet because it is tied to the cellular network and can be used to localize a person. If you only care about Google is fine, but don't expect complete privacy because it's not possible

Thanks. Yes, I'd choose some leftover "might be botnet" over obvious botnet by google every day.

>botnet
Why don't you guys just call it spyware?

Anybody know how it fares on an OnePlus 3T?

FOSS has always overwhelmingly been made up of leftists.

Ran LineageOS on LG G2. It runs perfectly smooth all the time like I would expect it to. Much faster than stock ROM.

Then I ran it on S6 and it was fucking laggy as shit, choppy 5 fps animations from just opening and closing an app, worse than even Samsungs bloated ROM, not to mention that I tripped Knox.

I recommend it if you cant give up services that need google, if you can then you're better off without it, since it still has to work in the background using battery (less that google apps ofc)

What's a good monochrome icon set?

Why are you indulging him? Why have there been any replies since at all?