Just ordered pic related, did I fuck up?

Just ordered pic related, did I fuck up?

Attached: lenovo-IdeaPad-720s-13.jpg (2000x1126, 399K)

yes. sage and refund

>Buying anything but Macbook Pro

I got the 14 inch, you fucked up. 13 inch is mad gay

Why not an xps 13?

Should have got a thinkpad

>Intel
Yep

>spending over 500 dollars on a laptop

Not my fault you're poor

Lenovo Japan has nighttime discounts that stack with their usual promotions. If you didn't use that - you fucked up.

Enjoy your retarded ass giant bottom bezel

What's with the bezel space? Why is it just the logo and it's tucked in the corner? Why not make the whole row a giant speaker grill?

>that bezel

laughinggirls.jpg

if you got it at a significant discount from a thinkpad or XPS, i'm talking 40-50%, then it's decent

Retard.

Sadly, yes. The had 14' is a bit heavier but has about twice the battery life.

not at all OP, don't listen to these autists. if it fits your use case and you like it then I would consider it a job well done!

>did i fuck up
>windows
yes

What a sad looking Apple knockoff. This is what Lenovo has been reduced to?

Attached: 1521939193783.png (881x907, 292K)

don't buy any laptop from Lenovo other than X and T thinkpad. maybe P depends on your usage.

Attached: 56White1.png (476x401, 165K)

Why not the current king of ultrabooks?

Attached: lenovo-thinkpad-x1-carbon-2018-2.jpg (1200x800, 343K)

What's that.

ThinkPad X1 Carbon with HDR screen (best screen on any laptop currently available)

I like acer swift better but I don't remember why...

QUADS OF TRUTH!

X1 IS NOW THE OFFICIAL KING OF ULTRABOOKS

>thick bottom bezel
Why not put in a 16:10 display instead?

Yes

I'd buy it if it had 1080/1440p HDR panel option. 4k on a small laptop is a fucking meme and waste of battery

this desu. laptops are gay. get a cool desktop instead

Fucking $2800 for i5 8350/500gb/16gb/HDR

>could have put a 16:10 display in that lid
>use a 16:9 instead and just increase the thickness of the bottom bezel

>windows
Yes you cucked up

>

>implying there's a change you didn't fuck up

It's 1440p not 2160p. I agree 4k on a laptop is fucking stupid. 1440p gives you super crisp text without raping the battery.

what is this ugly thing? disgusting

Attached: lwxLPt7.jpg (2000x1126, 207K)

oh shit you're right its fucking perfect but

I paid £1700 for i7-8550U, 16GB, 512GB SSD, HDR screen. Expensive but not insane money considering how great the screen is (best on the market), performance (about the same as a 45W 7280HQ in the MBP), 14" size, 1.1KG, 4 USB ports (2xA, 2xC), etc.

a MBP or Surface Book 2 cost almost double and the only benefit with them is the dGPU but I don't want/need that as I don't game on a 14" laptop.

I have had this X1 for a month now and it is easily the best laptop I have ever owned. Amazing keyboard, best screen I have ever seen on a laptop and only beat by super high end HDR monitors imho. You could be fooled into thinking it is OLED it is that good. Check some reviews like Lisa's from MobileTechReview. Comes with the fastest SSD available (Samsung PM981), both Thunderbolt ports are 4 lanes so I can use an eGPU if I ever want to. I get around 15h battery life at 300nits (that is about 50% of screen brightness lol) for web, office and spotify. Around 9 hours for streaming Netflix, etc. Plus it charges in just over an hour thats to Lenovo's fast charge shit. My only real complaint is the shit speakers but that doesn't matter to me as I use headphones or some nice proper speakers.

Its probably just Australian prices I fucking hate this country

yeah probably that, sucks man. Just look how pretty this fucker is :)

Attached: IMG_20180410_121708.jpg (4032x3024, 3.94M)

at the moment I'm probably going to end up just taking an extra bite out of my pay and going for it. Everything just seems mediocre at the moment aside from these models creeping up on $3k which just feels too much for a laptop

I had been looking for a new laptop for a few months. I bought a MBP 2017 (touchbar, highest spec, etc) which cost me £3200(!!!!) but returned it after a week for a number of reasons but the biggest issue was the fucking awful keyboard.

Then I got a Dell XPS 15 (9560) but it had so many issues that I sent that fucker back. again the price was around £3000.

Then picked up a Surface Book 2 and actually quite liked it to begin with but then problems started to pop up. Stupid things like the keyboard backlight would stop working so I had to detach and reattach it. The touch screen would randomly not work properly. Then I had an issue with the speakers. In the end I took it back for a refund after 7 weeks. Shame as I think it could be an awesome machine if Microsoft had just made it a fucking laptop and not over engineered the fuck out of it to make it a tablet as well. Also I hated where the headphone jack was located. Stupid I know but little things like that can annoy the fuck out of you after a while.

So then I ordered this X1 as it came out the day I returned my SB2. Took me a month to get it but man was it worth the wait. This thing is just a dream to use.

Dream laptop for me desu. However, ill probably get one for myself when I got the money saved up. On a related note, are quad cores safe from spectre and meltdown?

no, nothing from intel is "safe" from spectre/meltdown at the silicon level. Still just BIOS/microcode fixes. Performance impact is minimal though. As I said I get the same level of performance on my 8550U as I did from the 7280HQ in the MBP. Amazing really. For some things it is even a little faster. Not that you could notice such a small amount in real work use.

Makes sense user, thanks. Hope you enjoy your laptop - I'm definitely jelly.

>Apple Macbook is better than OP's Macbook copy made by Lenovo?

Why are there no ryzen ultrabooks? There are like 3 laptops, 2 of them are bulky enough to have a dgpu, one is single-channel memory only and all of them are overpriced like hell.

I know the bezel keeps the screen from shaking on the 2in1 models, but not sure why its still there in the standard laptop model.

thinking about buying the X1c, but it sucks that they pair upgrades with each other - can't get a base model + 16 gigs RAM, have to get the i7 along with 512 ssd. don't know if 8 gigs of ram will be enough for future usage

You say it as if it's a choice between one or the other. You know people who didn't grow up in a trailer park like yourself can afford both right?

>Wintrash
>Fakebook Pro

yup. if you're gonna drop that kind of change anyways just buy the real fucking thing

because intel is still bribing OEMs even though they say they aren't

>spending over $200 on a laptop

FTFY

Can you not build to order where you are? Was an option here in the UK