Apple cofounder Steve Wozniak has formally deactivated his Facebook account. In an email interview with USA Today...

Apple cofounder Steve Wozniak has formally deactivated his Facebook account. In an email interview with USA Today, Wozniak wrote that he was no longer satisfied with Facebook, knowing that it makes money off of user data. "The profits are all based on the user's info, but the users get none of the profits back," he wrote. "Apple makes its money off of good products, not off of you. As they say, with Facebook, you are the product."

Ars Technica:
>His Sunday announcement to his Facebook followers came just ahead of Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's scheduled testimony before Congress on Tuesday. The CEO is also reportedly set to meet with members of Congress privately on Monday. Wozniak wrote that Facebook had "brought me more negatives than positives." Still, when Wozniak tried to change some of his privacy settings in the aftermath of Cambridge Analytica, he said he was "surprised" to find out how many categories for ads he had to remove. "I did not feel that this is what people want done to them," added Wozniak. "Ads and spam are bad things these days and there are no controls over them. Or transparency."

arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/04/steve-wozniak-leaves-facebook-the-profits-are-all-based-on-the-users-info/
usatoday.com/story/tech/2018/04/08/apple-co-founder-steve-wozniak-says-hes-leaving-facebook/497392002/
reuters.com/article/us-facebook-privacy-congress/zuckerberg-to-meet-with-u-s-lawmakers-today-sources-idUSKBN1HG00H

Attached: he got fater-er.jpg (800x533, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=07P538K83iU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This guy is too pure for this world.

Must be the brain damage from that plane crash.

Why does this fat potbelly bastard have to constantly tell everyone what he does?
I don't fucking care, you disgusting fat lard ass human. Go lose some fucking weight.
We get it, you got shafted by Jobs, you were a literal soy boy cuckold before it was a thing, sure, whatever, now piss off.

>Apple makes its money off of good products
>good products

Attached: 1300044776986.jpg (250x250, 17K)

He didn't tell jobs to fuck himself when he was scammed and lied to his face for the video game remuneration.

In this case I think you ought to shoot the messenger

Woz did nothing wrong

>but the users get none of the profits back
Do they? Do they really?
Sure, you don't get anything back monetarily but surely that will depend how much you use Facebook and Facebook owned services.
As they say, there's no such thing as a free lunch, so if you are getting a service for nothing, clearly they're finding some way to profit without directly charging you.

No one should have been surprised Facebook was making money off users' data, but people were surprised just how much data Facebook was collecting, mostly because they didn't read things and uploaded their lives to Facebook.

>smart enough to invent computer
>still surprised fb treats him like a product

>Apple makes its money off of good products, not off of you
I'm not sure what is more incorrect, saying Apple has good products or that they don't make money from selling user data.

>invent computer

Attached: 1523047257657.png (799x799, 613K)

What service is Facebook offering exactly?

A news feed? Lmfao

I deleted it when I realised I just used it for messenger and an archive to add anyone I thought would get me anywhere in life

I don't think selling user data is thier main source of income you disabled transgender faggot retard

>What service is Facebook offering exactly?
>A news feed? Lmfao
>I deleted it when I realised I just used it for messenger
Well you partially answered your own question.

>"What service is Facebook offering exactly?"
>proceeds to list a few services Facebook is offering

I didn't realise there were pajeet iTards.

>Apple makes its money off of good products, not off of you.

Woz is a cool guy sometimes, but he needs to stop playing backseat tech analyst, and start playing front-seat tech developer again

Attached: 22748_Screen-shot-2011-05-10-at-11.08.46-PM.png (550x264, 149K)

STEVE JOBS WAAS A INNOVATOR AND BUILT APPLE AND HES BRILLIANT AND A GENIUS!!!

Who is this meek fat fuck?
Bad fucking optics seriously...

>Tfw rounded corners edge to edge screen with no external ports or replaceable battery/sim/storage master race!

PAJEETS BTFO

>deactivated
>not deleted

Woz is an overhyped and boringly average engineer who glued a terminal to basic microcomputer built from off-the-shelf parts and somehow still manages to command a personality cult even cringier than Jobs' that credits him for practically everything the company ever did in the 1980s despite his minimal involvement with anything other than Apple II systems that were quickly swept under the rug when the PC revolution ignited.

Nothing he ever built was really that special.

Attached: 1473997629652.jpg (500x667, 28K)

>posting eddie murphy

It's just a reaction image, I don't care who it is.

He also basically designed the first personal computer capable of running a shell without typing in 40 minutes worth of code first.... by himself... so...

also (((good goy))))

>eddie murphy
i don't know if this is bait, but you sure are one uncultured bastard if it is.

>black people
>culture

Attached: 1520152814501.png (698x658, 72K)

>rock&roll
>jazz
>r&b
>dancing
>food recipes

And this is just american blacks in just the last 100 years.

>caring about culture

>>rock&roll
>>jazz
Are blacks still claiming these? That is like thinking Egyptians were black. It is laughably inaccurate.
>>r&b
A marketing term for black pop music.
>>dancing
Think about this one.
>>food recipes
You mean the ones they stole from the French or the food they were fed as slaves?

>rock&roll
>jazz
>r&b
>dancing
>food recipes
hooktube.com/watch?v=07P538K83iU
What genre is this song?

>white people
>culture

Nice anime there kevin.

why do we even care about this fat tub's opinions...

I think you should go back to rebbit if you want to bitch about white people, Latrine.

Meanwhile the only legacy you will leave behind is this shitty,shitty post archived on some malware ridden archive.

>t. jealous engineerlet

>whites still think they created rock and jazz

lmfao

>What service is Facebook offering exactly?

the ability to rub your success in your friends' faces, if you have any successes. or friends.

>Nothing he ever built was really that special.

except for that apple floppy drive. shit was cash

Let me guess, blacks invented the saxaphone and guitar too? Isn't this WE shit a bit passé by now?

>conflating instruments with music
For sure my man, and the ancient Sumerians wrote Hamlet.

Maybe you are black, because you sure don't know how to read.

You know, I’ll give it to you. The Disk II might not have been earth-shattering but it has interesting history.

I can smell the contrarian cum on your breath just from reading this.

If he didn't do it, someone else would have,

Uh huh, and what did you build that was so special :^)

>proceeds to not list any others because those 3 sum it up as far as end user experience goes

Good work faggots

This statement is “Steve Jobs invented the GUI” tier retarded.

>upset over FB selling user data
>as they have been
>since the start
I can understand people being upset about the third party shenanigans that happened.
But this is the wrong reason to be upset. They tell you this all the fucking time.
Google does the same.
Has Wozniak stopped using Google? Or even just YouTube?

Anyone who abandons Facebook because of this but not those platforms is a moron. You were stupid enough to not care in the first place. But now that it hit the news hard you suddenly care?
You'll always be a couple years behind like this.

>The profits are all based on the user's info, but the users get none of the profits back
>users get none of the profits back
>none profits

Then who is paying about their attention whoring platform? Appletards confirmed for braindead.

>Apple
>good products

Calm down sperglord, it’s called a quote. That’s what those funny little "" symbols mean.

You think he's responding to you OP? Wouldn't it be more reasonable to assume he's pointing at the perceived absurdity rather than you being wrong?

Attached: image.jpg (375x392, 240K)

But I am the OP, and that person isn't me.

>Steve Jobs invented the GUI
Yet the MS shills keep claiming Macfags believe it. Jobs saw the GUI when on a tour of PARC. He gave Xerox pre-IPO Apple stock at a good price for the rights.

>Then who is paying about their attention whoring platform
Would you like to have another try at making sense?

I do believe the boy has been triggered.

Stop violating my safe space cis scum.

This but I wouldn't trust him either.
You're actually correct

>If he didn't do it, someone else would have,

>If Usain Bolt hadn't crossed the finish line, eventually someone else would have.

Why are you so stupid user?

> knowing that it makes money off of user data
Ohhh noooo, who would've thought?

Why does this fat potbelly bastard have to constantly tell everyone what he does?
I don't fucking care, you disgusting fat lard ass human. Go lose some fucking weight.
We get it, you got shafted by Jobs, you were a literal soy boy cuckold before it was a thing, sure, whatever, now piss off.

Attached: 2012-12-06 richard stallman 590.jpg (590x366, 26K)

>deleting goybook now that its trendy to
who gives a fuck

Soy boys aren't real

Why did we need to?
It's going to vary from person to person anyway, depending what they use their Facebook account for.

Fuck off racist.

Edgy.

I deactivated my Facebook in 2015, I don't know if I actually deleted it or not though. Is there a way I can check? Or do you guys think it is deleted forever now?

> yet another celebrity virtue signalling over fakebook
Fucking disgusting. I saw this shit coming 5 years ago and got the fuck out, as I'm sure a decent percentage of Jow Forums did also. Then, we were antisocial, paranoid freaks, now what? The amount of friends and colleagues who I have said "don't even fucking start, I told you so" to when they started getting all uppity about this shit is disgraceful. Only one, my brother has acknowledged that I, and a decent amount of other privacy and security minded folk, might have actually had half a fucking clue what we were talking about.

Fuck you Woz. If you were that concerned you would have been out years ago you normie cunt.

Attached: indexs.jpg (238x212, 8K)

As I said, shoot the messenger. Woz didn't choose his reputation.

Winning a race and beating a record is totally different than inventing something that no longer needs to be invented because we have better ways to do things now...

This.

hurr durr

Attached: jake gyllenhaal laughing.jpg (561x692, 142K)

I thought this guy died in like 2012

We have better ways of doing things because we built them based off of the original product you fucking mongrel

Social networks and advertising networks have been harvesting and using user data for years. How did this deletefacebook meme gain so much traction all of a sudden? Did anyone really think Facebook was a benign public utility?

When will normies learn that the only right way to use the internet is as an anonymous/peudonymous user?

Why don't you show us how easy it is to "glue a terminal" to a microcontroller using only 80s technology?

>Wozniak wrote that he was no longer satisfied with Facebook, knowing that it makes money off of user data.
I dont have a big enough brainlet reaction image for this
Christ

>Wozniak wrote that he was no longer satisfied with Facebook, knowing that it makes money off of user data. "The profits are all based on the user's info, but the users get none of the profits back," he wrote. "Apple makes its money off of good products, not off of you. As they say, with Facebook, you are the product."

I'm really grateful for this insight. Without Woz, we wouldn't have known that's how Goybook makes money.

Woz confirmed brainlet

>The profits are all based on the user's info, but the users get none of the profits back
so this fat fuck basically ignores that facebook provides, mail, instant chat, image and video storage and other things that facebook provide, thanks to all the user data and then has the audacity to claim the users don't get shit?

if you want shit, you get shit, poorest fucking excuse by some "tech" legend that hasn't produced anything useful since the last 30 years. classic macfag

Lol, a black person is on Jow Forums. Let's all watch the nig-nog chant his voodoo jungle words. Oh look at that, it thinks it's people.

You mean just like how you charge $100,000 in speaking fees?

Learn to read, pajeet.

Racism isn't an insult on Jow Forums.

He just smiled and slipped carcinogens into steve's coffee.

macbook pro is a solid product. Working with video and audio production, OSX is way more stable than any version of windows I've ever used (except maybe XP.

But apple makes most of it's money off of mp3 sales for their ipods.

Who gives a shit, he would have done this years ago if he actually cared. Of course he doesnt it now that its topical and other bigs names like musk have already done it

FPBP
everything that came after was pure
>DAMAGE CONTROL
top kek

Created the first personal computer working in a fucking garage.
Had the greatest influence on computing of anyone in the past century.

More epic than anything you will ever do, or even have the balls to attempt.

>I deleted it
you're all a bunch of fucking retards for having joined the retardation that is
>fagbook
in the first place.
shit i knew to keep away from that garbage in 6th grade when the myspace craze had started dominating.
still this many retards fell for the myspace 2.0 shit called fagbook?
LOL

As you type on your home computer to talk about how inventing the home computer wasn't that special.

irony

>Apple makes its money off of good products
Judging by the people who spend their careers fixing those "good products", I would like to strongly disagree.

>replies confirm
>dubs confirm
based & /thread

You are the contrarian faggot

>But apple makes most of it's money off of mp3 sales for their ipods.
This not 2002 anymore...
Perhaps you meant "their iPhones".

Or fake success and fake friends

>being so desperate to rationalize your hatred of Jobs you give Wozniak complete credit for work done by the likes of John Blankenbaker, Datapoint, MITS, HP, IBM and the hundreds of other small businesses and hobbyists who had already been building microcomputers long before the first Apple I shipped out
Both the I and II were just another one of hundreds of “personal” computers on the market in 1976 and 1979. Nothing Wozniak did lives on or otherwise influences modern systems today, and his primary innovations were pretty much just momentary cost-cutting.
This is pretty much the majority opinion. Nobody with a brain gives Wozniak credit for a lot of the things you credit him for. He didn’t invent jack shit, or do anything pretty much any other competent hobbyist at the time wasn’t doing. He built a boring 6502 system from readily available components and the only distinction was that he had his chad marketer friend sell it on the side.

t. Jose rodriguez

Dennis Ritchie had way more
Linus has way more
Hell Gates has way more