So .. do you trust it, Jow Forums ?

so .. do you trust it, Jow Forums ?

this is the last app my friends are willing to use that somewhat resembles security and have a little semblance of privacy left

Attached: im not even trying right now.png (1417x1417, 566K)

Other urls found in this thread:

securemessagingapps.com/
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=chat.tox.antox&hl=en
antidote.im/
t.me/fourchan_g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

are you making a joke here

whatsapp is owned by facebook

please

No, i use it because my friends are luddites and getting them on anything else will be impossible but i dont share anything over it i dont assume will be intercepted by someone.

No, I don't trust it but I have to use it.
How can someone trust it? It's owned by fb.
It's the only closed source app on my phone.
I'm planning to replace whatsapp with riot but I have to convince normie friends to use it.

Why does nobody care about pic related anymore? I do have about 150 Whatsapp contacts and only 5 of them use Threema.

Attached: db58096d6f.jpg (1000x678, 58K)

>solid encryption, although no perfect forward secrecy
>Switzerland
>financially independent from known datamining companies
>anonymous accounts
>at least web interface for loonix
looks pretty ok

>need phone app to log into web interface
I'm taking it back

I use it but I don't trust it.
After the recent news telegram seems to be far more reliable but there is no e2e by default and that is a big downfall for me.
I'm hoping that with this Russia thing they will implement e2e by default.

Why not use Riot?

No. Also, Telegram is 9999999999999x better.

I WANT MY DATE TO BE OWNED BY THE RUSSIANS INSTEAD OF THE AMERICANS.

Okay Ivan, back to Russia.

Fucking anglo saxon subhuman believes durov isnt a subject of the fsb
For real how did u cucks win the war, cuz logic isnt ur power, wat was it then?

Telegram isn't any better, the servers are proprietary and they implemented a non-standard encryption protocol which isn't audited. Get fucked.

I use it but I dont trust it.
Such is life of a normie.

I must use it for work. I hate it.

go here securemessagingapps.com/

It just can read EVERYTHING from your phone. How no trust?

In the EU they aren't allowed to mix data from facebook and whatsapp. They also only stored metadata.
It's not great but better than Telegram, which doesn't encrypt by default.

Telegramm encryption is a kremlin meme u dumb anglo cucks

Use Wire app

Of course not. Being in yuropoor however, there's just too many people using it to not have it installed.

I made all my ''friends'' use encrypted email. Make sure your friends understand what it takes to be your friend. If they are not willing to find a way to talk to you they aren't really friends so you know.

Attached: tuta_partner.jpg (428x600, 10K)

Whatsapp is encrypted end to end. So it's very secure.

The only vulnerabilities are:
>your telephone gets hacked
>whatsapp knows who communicates with who
>whatsapp can change your encryption keys

why not just PGP?

did the client have transparent audit? or is it open source and can be proven the key generation is purely client-side, secure and not rigged or backdoored?

I hate it but everyone uses it.
It'd be a good app if it wasn't a facebook owned super datahording botnet.
Although it defaults end to end encryption, the metadata is so extrnsive that it basically tells you whats inside the message.

I use Threema too (which I believe is far superior) but I have 150+ Whatsapp contacts and about 10 in Threema.

If you reject whatsapp you can't parcitipate in all the groups etc. which sucks. Anyone who says else does not have any friends.
Whatsapp is the messenger everybody uses in my country.

Thats why you refer to them as "friends". Learn how to socialize first.

because my friends are degenerate savages

i started using signal, hopefully i can convince the 3 people i talk too of my 200+ "friends" list to use it

What do you gentlemen think about Wire?

Why would anyone on Jow Forums befriend a non techie?

I befriend with many biologists and physicists, it's not that bad.

/thread

OP you're a retard

>this is the last app my friends are willing to use that somewhat resembles security and have a little semblance of privacy left
AHAHAHAHAHAHSHSHSGSGAAHSHAHSSHaaaaaa

Wire has a linux port, so it wins

Attached: wirelogo.png (300x300, 7K)

>proprietary
nope.png

get out of here, faggot

>biologists and physicists
of course it isn't, but we are talking about dumb normalfags

Ok how is threema better than wire? Wire has clients for windows, linux, browser, android and ios, is in swissland, e2e encryption, video chating, no phone number needed, open source and transparent

this. the one normie IM app i can't get rid of.

yeah i hate that about Wire too. it's a fucking Web app, why can't they fucking make a decent PWA and kill this native app joke already? nah let's have a web app, multiple native apps and half ass all of them.

>logo looks like
>all the ayys in the house raise yo hands in the air

does it?
you can register on the web without a phone number, why would it need (instead of allow) using your phone app to access the web interface?

Gives your data to google and Facebook prolly (read: it does). But should be safe hackers-wise, uses Signal's encryption that's pretty good. Still a lot better than Telegram/Facebook chat for sure.

This. Even if it was by default it would mean nothing being a complete ass "encryption".

My friends use it but I got a few friends over to a more decent platform. Pic related.

Attached: 1024x1024sr.jpg (1024x1024, 44K)

Encryption is good so Facebook can't see what are you talking about, but they don't need that.
They just need to know your phone number, your contacts, who you talk to and how much time do you spend in the app.

Whatsapp does collect all that metadata, and a lot can be known about an individual by just looking at that.

Wire is literal botnet

I heard there is only 1 developer

check out foilchat
made by finnfags, not by reptilians

Reminder that all of those are botnets since they're not federated and the gov can still harvest your metadata. Pic related is the best solution for instant messaging and there's nothing you can do about it

Attached: serveimage(2).png (1200x1234, 86K)

Get a client that uses the protocol literally made by Jow Forums

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=chat.tox.antox&hl=en
antidote.im/

These front-end devs aren't gonna get shit done without the motivation of having users.

Botnet

retard

But Switzerland has very strict privacy laws, you're just being paranoid

Well it costs money for a start

Never heard of wire. Will check out.

Is Briar useful?

Attached: 5494.png (300x300, 20K)

Federated (you can host your own) > some company run by (((them))) guarantees you they won't listen

semi related question, you guys remember the social media site/service Keek? Well there's a user I want to download old videos of but some of them don't work. I get the message (in firefox) "no video with supported format and MIME type found". Only a few videos give me that message while the rest load just fine. What do?

BTW we have a Telegram group chat for Jow Forums up. t.me/fourchan_g

>biologists
normoids out

Why don't you just extract the java files and resources of the apk and check the code to make sure it's not riddled with disease.

Yeah but cmon, even if they did, they're still swiss.
What are they gonna do? Print your data on chocolate?

>implying the nsa can't get access to "secure" systems
>implying swiss laws will stay like this forever
Stop ignoring the facts

This is false, Telegram does encrypt by default. You have no clue what you're talking about.

This app is the only reason why i still use Google services

it isn't. Telegram is almost on the same shit tier, they are smaller and maybe they don't agregate the data into a bigger database to fuck users like Whatsapp that just adds up to Facebook data but it's dangerous to trust a small guy guarding keys for all the shit you talk.

Botnet

Everything is botnet my friend. Everything is botnet help me botnet botnet botnet botnet

all the desktop apps are electron apps, a.k.a. web interface. app.wire.com runs effectively the same thing.

the mobile apps are their own thing, which is why we have 2 lackluster apps (electron and mobile) instead of one decent app. you can't use app.wire.com on mobile, probably because native app makers need to put food on the table and refuse to learn javascript. kinda sets the noggin joggin...

I trust it as much as I trust sending a message to israel and no jewish eyes touching it

wire is better.

botnet

>play store link
botnet

Attached: 1522898228911.gif (200x200, 67K)

Literally anybody with a decent hack or if you work for the police department you could literally read an on live conversation in whatsapp from anybody.That encryption and privacy is all bullshit and a illusion for the average consumer to feel "safe" .Why you dont trust it? are you talking about something illegal? is your wife or girlfriend spying on you? If you feel you cant trust something then why use it?
How do you think Drug dealers and Cheaters communicate in 2018? smoke signals?

Botnet

This, more than anything. Just because you trust someone now doesn't mean you could trust them later.

The Zucc has my teenage years well documented. I don't trust him now and I never should have, but hey.

XMPP is the only way l, but as I still need SMS for some people, I'm stuck with Signal because at least I can get an SMS/E2E merged thread on there.

Nice pasta

lemme tell you an story:
after using whatapp for years, I mistakenly opened a fb account using the same phone number I used in my phone, and...
all my contacts from my phone appeared in fb as suggested friends.

yeah, I know I fucked up, and there is no coming back.

yea and he is a faggot

Because they can be nice people without necessarily knowing about tech

>metadata

if its not message content why care, you were already going to add those people anyway fb did u a favour

the problem is that fb shouldn't use the phone # to add my contacts from the phone to the fb account, but it did.
this means: fb took my whatsapp contacts from the phone and sent them to fb, my fb contacts had my phone # in their list of (whatsapp?) contacts, or both.
also, a phone # isn't metadata IMO...

>using (((encrypted))) facebook messanger
>owning a smartphone
>all for muh friends
when will you normal fags learn that friends are the real botnet

probably some fat faggot behind his 10 year old pc with a 4:3 screen using linux. fucking grow up manchild.

all the good biologists are at least amateur programmers now dude.