Post your questions here

Read >search
ddg.gg/lite

redirect new friends making their own threads with >previous

>irc
webchat.freenode.net/?channels=sqt
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/sqt

no self bump

Attached: 1523111779502s.jpg (250x249, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/282710016554
bruhov.com/WinThumbsPreloader/en/
gearburn.com/2017/04/3-smartphones-that-feature-e-ink-displays/
marionnet.org/site/index.php/en/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

posting again cause the other thread is on the way out

does anyone know of a resource to learn networking shit for complete fucking brainlets?

I want to understand networking more but there are so many terms and concepts that I just don't get. I'm talking knowing things like subnetting, subnet masks, proxies... I'm such a retard but please I need a brainlet proof resource to just understand basic networking, I know I won't be a genius.

Attached: 1517029622664.png (812x760, 112K)

Is it hard to make a game if I don't know anything about programming or art or game design in general?

What operating system or software is the best for a self-built NAS? I've considered FreeNAS (and it's even referenced on [spoiler]testout[/spoiler]) but I've heard mixed opinions on it.

If you use an existing game engine they're dumbed down enough already that you can create one with a bit of drag and drop.

half the battle is to stop thinking so little of your capabilities

network+ course Google it

I'm trying to auto-detect black screens and cut the first and last parts out so I can automate uploads.
Right now I use
ffmpeg -i "(2018.04.09) some-supid-show 1523258970.ts" -vf blackdetect=d=0.001:pix_th=0.00 -an -f null -
as a call with python and read back the timestamps then make another ffmpeg call with python to cut the video.
The recording starts 30s before and ends 30s after the end. The shows aren't actually broadcast when they are scheduled so I can't use timestamps alone.
What can I do better?
Also, sometimes I have to manually do this because a commercial has a black fade screen too.

when i launch waterfox it boots in a window that isn't maximized and it doesn't seem to remember any changed i've made to window size. how do i unfuck this shit?

it all started after i've made several privacy changes in the about:config page based on what privacytools.io suggests (didn't do all of them, only several) but when i revert what i've changed it stays the same

never mind, solved it

privacy.resistFingerprinting = true is what caused it

What's a computer?

A rock that we tricked into thinking with electricity

Also checked

Can I use a 12V 1.5A power supply with a device rated for 12V 1A without causing damage to the device (a Netgear switch)?

So I have a HP Envy x360 with an i7-7500U CPU that's slightly underperforming - maxing out at 93% processing power on benchmark tests - is there a way I can turn that into 100%, and, if so, is it worth it?

On a hardware side, would getting an External GPU unit be a bad idea? I'm liking the idea of the HP Omen Accelerator because I could use a ethernet connection and externally connected SSD but I don't know if getting a EGPU would fix some of the problems I'm having or allow me to play games. If getting an EGPU isn't bad, is there something more likely to be vaguely cost effective and work better than the HP Omen Accelerator?

Would it be safe to use 2x 1000mAh batteries to power a headset that wants 2x 500mAh? Both are 1.2v, both are NiMH, same branded batteries too.
Am I wrong in thinking it should be safe, since it's just the capacity? The only difference is time it lasts & time it takes to charge?

I have full disc encryption via veracrypt on windows 10 pc, there is some big creators update comming, i heard i have to decrypt everything, let it update and encrypt again, is it true? What ahppens if i forget and it will start on its own?

Attached: vc.jpg (248x203, 6K)

Multiple benchmarks confirm my RAM - 2 sticks of Samsung M471A1K43CB1-CRC 8GB - is underperforming substantially, what can I do to boost that?

How do I reset battery controller on fagbook? I just wanted to sell this shit, and this thing appeared.
(Yes, battery is worn, 602 cycles, 5400 mAh capacity (design capacity 7160 mAh), not swollen yet)

Attached: checkbat.png (266x190, 37K)

I'm trying to set up some servers to play with my friends but it seems port forwarding isn't working properly. I wanna make sure I'm doing everything right because fuck me I don't want to call my ISP unless it's the only aviable solution.

So pic related is my current setup for the router. There's 3 computers at home and none work for server hosting (changing the local IP for each prot according to each computer).Also, our default IP is an IPv6. I don't know if that's an issue, but I never had that happening. We got this new internet connection 3 months ago, so it's fairly new.

Any suggestions?

Attached: ea994fd798f41f3113c624c1ae16d82a.png (597x571, 23K)

400GB Storage.
Several hundreds of files with characters like "ברדיצבסקי-שלומי".
Backup fails on them due to the name.
Can't windows search and delete them comfortably
How ?

If you have a public IPv6 it's very likely you don't have a public IPv4 and your ISP is using DS-Lite, which basically means for IPv4 you're behind another router from your ISP, which would then also need port forwarding (which they won't do for you).

They might give you one if you give them a call, otherwise make sure your friends connect over IPv6 and not IPv4 or it won't work.

Also: You want to use passive mode for FTP, basically you need to give your FTP server a port range and then forward that range to the correct computer as well. A range of 100 ports should be enough.

How trustworthy is Swappa for buying?

Attached: buut.jpg (1200x645, 123K)

So we should be able to still port forward through our IPv6? that's good to hear, but I have no idea how that works. Pic related is all we have in the NAT section of our router. Do we need to open the port on both parts or just the top one is enough?
Also, in order to connect, friends need to do so thropugh our public IPv6, the long ass one, right? is there a way to make it shorter?

Attached: 3252b0bc918f4db5515b73fd7ccf64b5.png (719x765, 44K)

To answer your second question, can you shorten your usual IP (the IPv4 kind) address?

The thing with IPv6 is, every device should have its own address, so port forwarding wouldn't be necessary.
With your setup though you have one IPv6 address and then an internal IPv4 network. (Which kind of defeats the point)

If your ISP has PCP enabled then the PCP table should do exactly what you want and it should work with IPv4 anyway, but as far as I know the client software needs to support this which barely any do because PCP is quite new.

You can get a domain name (there are free ones available) and set the AAAA record to your IPv6 and use that instead.

>To answer your second question, can you shorten your usual IP (the IPv4 kind) address?
Is that a rethorical question? Afaik you can't make it shorter, or at least I didn't know if that was possible.

Also, we just tried to connect using the IPv6 and it worked but only for PC's in my home. How do exactly do I portforward through an IPv6?

I want to play PS2 games but my old CRT TV sucks. Would I be able to get a flat-screen TV with 4:3 support and composite cable input for less than €250? Should I try one of those S-video to VGA adapters? I got one of those years ago and the image was all fuzzy and it broke pretty quickly.

Attached: 1522883524610.jpg (1024x675, 169K)

Is there a way to add cache thumbnails, for when you bulk download something? I'm using windows 7.
They cache as you scroll ,thought it'd be so much better if you could choose cache thumbnails and leave it to identify them without going into index options.

or you could get
ebay.com/itm/282710016554
and maybe afterwards an old 4:3 tft screen if you want

I forgot to say to build them from a context menu entry, like right click> build cache.

Will e-ink ever replace led status lights?
I'm sick of everything have a 1000lumen indicator to tell me that it's ON.

Attached: 19343019.png (381x400, 22K)

Program called "reNamer"
I use free file sync but I don't have any files with those special characters.

Sorted it lads, it's ok, found this software for anyone who's interested, better than waiting for hundreds of image/video thumbnails to generate as you scroll!
bruhov.com/WinThumbsPreloader/en/

I turned on my Windows 7 Laptop today and it just showed up like this
Windows Explorer doesn't work. Everything seems broken, programs have completely reset What has happened and can I fix it?
Please help

Attached: Untitled.png (1392x784, 57K)

>iPad Pro 2nd Gen 128GB 12.9"
>£590
should I? Been considering one for a while

Attached: 1518320917871m.jpg (819x1024, 51K)

Are there any (exist) mobile phones with e-ink displays ? The same as e-readers.
So far I only found : gearburn.com/2017/04/3-smartphones-that-feature-e-ink-displays/
and those are combination of normal display and back with e-ink.
I would like just e-ink display.

My GPU's HDMI port is dead, but the GPU itself still works.

Is it possible to disable the GPU's ports and get it to output via the motherboard's HDMI port? Or should I just look into getting a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter?

Attached: 1521628464812.jpg (996x720, 98K)

best way to merge a couple of scanned files (pdfs) into one pdf ?

Select them, righ-click and choose Combine in Adobe acrobat.

>Is it possible to disable the GPU's ports and get it to output via the motherboard's HDMI port? Or should I just look into getting a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter?

Yes

thank :^)

>apple
no.

*if the motherboard supports it.

What is this 1.1.1.1 DNS thing?
Is it really making connections faster and more private or is everything a meme.
Will the US read everything thing I do if I use this service?
And how do they even make money with it?

What's the best way to set up a git server on a windows machine ?
I can't have access to a linux machine and it have to be windows.

I used to run Bonobo on my Windows server before I switched it to linux 3 years ago.

Otherwise you can try running any linux git server on WSL or docker for windows.
If you need some more stuff similar to github look at gitlab

>What is this 1.1.1.1 DNS thing?
a new DNS server
>Is it really making connections faster
not necessary, that'll depend on a few things. You'd have to test at home which DNS server is the best for you
>and more private
compared to google ? probably. But the answer is no anyway
>And how do they even make money with it?
They claim what they want about respecting privacy and all. You trust them, or you do not. I don't. Since it's a private company, I assume they use the data collected about you in some way.

I would like to undervolt my R9 270X and set a custom fan curve for it, however, the options in OverDrive are very limited. What other program can I use to do this? Is MSI AfterBurner still the go-to tool or is there something newer better?

>Bonobo
I'll check it, thx.

Any good books that give a basic intro to databases?

this Game design in general is a matter of how much culture you have in video games, and how creative you are.

For the programming part, it's more complicated. You have to learn a programming language (some people can't into it for some reason, and it takes some time to get comfortable), then you have to learn a graphical library.
Once you got the tools, you have to understand and learn how to program a game properly without fucking up (took me some time to avoid doing stupid mistakes).
If you regularly learn programming and practice when you can, I'd say 2 month before having what looks like a game

go to some people might helps you.

If like me you don't want to have a game but practice and solve problems related to game development, learn C, SDL, openGL for 3D stuff and implement your algorithms. It's fun.

Is one of those U2F USB keys worth getting?

Any recommended ones? Something with NFC would be useful so I can also use it on my phone, would probably mainly use it to add extra security to my keepass database so someone can't just snatch it and log my master key entry and get everything. (Though if they have that much access to my system they can probably just extract my passwords from the un-encrypted database sitting in memory anyway but fuck it, at least it's an extra barrier.) Can you also use it for many individual website logons or is it still pretty limited the number of places that support such a thing?

internet, tutorials, books, and practice marionnet.org/site/index.php/en/

In the UK trying to rip a US DVD, so I'm using VLC

But I want to make sure the resulting video is Deinterlaced, is there a way I can do this?

Attached: parameters.png (530x559, 22K)

I have a python script and I want to create a website which will use the script as backend.

Could someone recommend me a free online servers that support python backend?

Use handbrake

Ok, I was gonna try that but the installgentoo wiki says it can't break DVD protection or something

>Is MSI AfterBurner still the go-to tool or is there something newer better?
It pretty much is, yeah.

I have a mono output from a 4channel mixer that I need to convert to stereo to listen through headphones.
Can I just use one of those mono -> stereo jacks from monoprice to do the trick?

Looking for a cheap streambox for Netflix and Plex at 1080p. Ive seen a couple of reviews mention that some models aren't compatible with Netflix is that true? As long as it's running full android I can just download the Netflix app right?

The MSE service just deactivated itself, how fucked is my OS?

Attached: 1506246211735.png (384x390, 153K)

Rip to mkv with MakeMKV. Then make an avisynth script indexing it with LSMASH with TFM(pp=0).tdecimate if it's telecined or QTGMC() if it's fully interlaced and throw it into MeGUI.

Also TDSS came back clean just now

End process tree on the virus in task manager.
Post screenshot of task manager for the lulz.

Anyone used these fuckers to mount case fans?

Attached: the thing.jpg (800x800, 87K)

>The MSE service just deactivated itself
And that is a bad thing because ... ?

Yes

Does it werk?

Yes, both my HSF's are held on using these and my exhaust fan, they havent moved at all since i installed them 9 years ago

Cool cool. Thanks.

Just bought a J890DW brother printer, the pajeets on amazon have sent me the French Model! I need to change language over the maintenance menu but it is not taking any inputs. Only keys that work are the "swap page" ones on the bottom row
Am i fucked?
Is there a sekrit password now?
do i need a technician NFC card???
AM I FUCKED?

Attached: 58797689687.jpg (558x400, 46K)

My front case usb ports are becoming crap. I can't write images to USB sticks or mess with partitions at all with them. Need to use the motherboard ports. Is this normal or do I need to higher up the voltage in the motherboard settings? I suspect that the sticks are getting a to low amount of power.

Attached: goddess.jpg (750x767, 63K)

how to shitpost on 4chin without scripts being enabled?

Attached: 85a.jpg (720x720, 17K)

Is there any reason why anyone would use directx11 over dx9 or 10? Let's take the trails of cold steel games for example. They were originally for the PS3, which uses a modified 7800gtx, and the card supported dx9 and 10, and only barely in the latter's case. I don't know what advantages any version of DX offers, I'm assuming it's just a graphical renderer. In that case, genuine dx9 games like bioshock or dishonored have a lot more advanced graphical features on show, so why does a PS3 game that's little more than an upscaled PS2 game need Dx11?

Does AutoCad use OpenGL or DirectX?

dx

DX10 was a clusterfuck.bnoth for end users and devs so it was kinda slkipped over in favor of DX11 which had way more features for end users and devs.DX11 is the "gold standard" now.

So DX12 is ultimate solution? This is why opengl ppl are replicating DX12 style design in Vulkan.

DX12 is feature creep and opengl really has to catch up lol

Dx12 offers some potential improvements to things like sli/crossfire utilization, but in practice it's not really worth Windows 10 exclusive development. Obviously games produced as MS exclusives like Xbone crossovers use it because there's no reason not to.

send raw POST data

Google suddenly looks different and is REALLY slow, but I can click links and write stuff while it's loading, like before things are visible. Any ideas?

Attached: google.png (1920x1014, 728K)

Can I connect my Little Dot I+ to my Cambridge Audio Azur 540r?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-04-08-07-49-10.png (1037x299, 48K)

why are you using a mobile user-agent, dingdong?

User-agent is "Select Automatically" on chrome. Nothing changes when I select windows...

what

Attached: idort.jpg (152x134, 5K)

What is a good technology to use if I want to create a pretty frontend GUI for a program that isn't too heavy on the RPI's low resources?

Attached: 1521653270515.jpg (612x422, 70K)

Something like this

Attached: Untitled.png (1152x1093, 73K)

is it better to set `.35v and be stable in prime95 torture test, or for gaming be just stable in the blended prime95 test with 1.3v

Take the latest version and just set CpuSupportsAVX=0 in local.txt, has the same effect.
Don't disable it if you do a lot of video encoding.

If it ain't crashing at 1.3V with what you normally run and you can live with the possibility that a blip might make it lock, then run it there.

Sorry I misinterpreted the question completely, whops.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but is there something opposite of the multiply color function on Photoshop? Let's say there are colors A, B, and C where C is the result of multiplying A with B. How would I go about getting color B?

What's the best backup software for linux?
Kubuntu specifically, if that matters

i mean 1.35v

thanks. it's a lot cooler so i will. may give it an extra .012 just in case. if anyone has a problem with that answer do respond.

if i buy a nice usb wifi antenna, will android be able to actually use it if i run it through the mini usb port on the bottom of the phone?

Attached: alfonso-ribeiro-8.jpg (300x300, 29K)

Is the US Military working on a new rifle? After the OICW program was a bust, I haven't heard anything of a new effort towards making fancy new guns.

Is it true that your hair stops growing in your mid 20s and if you cut it too short it will never be beyond that length again?

I use dd

Yes, hair stops growing when yo reach 25.