W7, W8.1, XP, Vista and so on

> It's 2018, people still use older versions of Windows.

I hope people realize all these versions are death projects that have no future. The support is gone or soon gone.
Technology is moving forward, not backwards.
W10 is with no doubt the future of Microsoft.

Besides Windows, there are many Linux/GNU distros in current development. As well as MacOS.

Attached: W7.jpg (779x438, 28K)

Excellent bait thread, OP.
Thanks for kill a older thread to try create a flaw war.
If you keep doing your hard work we will get so many posters as Jow Forums or /v/.
Thank you, OP.

Attached: reddit spacing.png (866x475, 69K)

Who gives a fuck about support. I use Windows XP on multiple machines on a daily basis just because there’s literally 0 reason for me to move to another OS

this

>paragraphs are reddit!!!!

linux is dead systemd killed it making it as bad as closed source because its unaudited and nsa ties. win10 has been abandoned and is on life support. osx hasnt be amazing since 10.6

What about security?

I’m not retarded, I don’t download random stuff
Malicious programs don’t appear out of nowhere
Hardware firewall takes care of everything else

Huge meme

Have fun buying used machines. (I mean, I guess you're saving money at least - gotta give you that)

>Posting facts
Screechers gonna screech

I still use 7 it does the job just fine on my somewhat old machine now (i5 2500k system). When I eventually down the (hopefully years still) I may bite the bullet and finally go to 10, who knows.

>win10 is bloat
>win10 is telemetry
>win10 runs like shit on my 2600k system
why upgrade from 7? It does everything I want it to... Only thing 10 has is DX12 but no gaymes really use it yet.

None of those greentexts are true.

Especially the perf one - Win10 is universally faster than 7/8, unless you have an HW issue (missing drivers/component close to failure).

>comes preinstalled with adverts / bloat
>telemetry
1709 is okay but that's all, fresh install on SSD and everything is crashing or taking 20 seconds to load control panel. I wish I could show you how shit it is.

first off, reddit spacing
>tfw even microshills can use reddit
seriously, what the fuck, how do you all use it, that design is fucking annoying to flying fuck
>Windows
>moving forward
it still has code from the 90s or earlier if I'm not mistaken
>Linux/GNU
GNU* linus is a nigger
>make one OS component (shitty btw)
>get all the credit

>tfw sticking with 7 until linux is a viable gaming platform

Also, this

Telemetry/adverts can be disabled with one app. Your only valid point is that this isn't an option in the Settings panel (Control Panel is dead btw, stop using it).

Yeah I do like how some companies are at least attempting to improve it like Valve and all the ones working on Vulkan, though Vulkan also works on 7...

2020 isn't the year of the Linux desktop, anons. Sorry to disappoint you I guess

Not saying it is. But does that mean developers should just give up and obey microsoft forever ? Give them credit at least they are trying to improve the situation.

No, it means devs should move to ReactOS, the only FOSS with an actual sane vision for normies.

Windows POS Ready 2009 hack. Security updates for XP until 2019.

>2019 is only one year away

>2days ago i switched to win7 from XP
>what i need to know?
>what i need to have installed on my pc?
>halp

That shit's not even remotely ready yet.

It literally gets cut off support in exactly one year too. April 9, 2019.

Fuck my life when that happens.

That's my point. It's needed more devs for literally decades, yet those morons chose to waste their time re-re-re-coding the same broken shit for GNU/Memix over and over again.

Because game and game engine developers can just switch to working on the code for an operating system?

I was talking about Linux devs.
Though game devs should contribute to alternatives, hitching their horse to Microsoft's cart is an exercise in foolishness.

Ah yeah more devs in general should work on it but yeah was mostly referring to game devs.

I had bricked an usb drive by putting in a winxp computer, fuck that outdated crap

Moron, you mark paragraphs with TAB not by pressing enter.

>disable telemetry in one app
Telemetry is literally built into the OS... Blocking Microsoft IPs will break the OS...

gonna keep using w7 until literally no modern browser support it, then I move to 8.1 till the same happens, actually since too much people from small business to enterprises still use win7 i think they will have to prolong the support to those people, consequently normie fags will get the support too.

I dual-boot Windows 7 and Debian Stretch
bite me

I'm almost sick to death of windows 10

How do I install ryzen on Windows 7?