XFCE hasn't been updated in three years, and there's no news of that changing on the horizon

XFCE hasn't been updated in three years, and there's no news of that changing on the horizon.

Is it dead? And if so what will you eventually swap to? I was thinking perhaps KDE, but there's something about XFCE that is just inexplicably comfy.

Attached: fetch.png (1366x768, 773K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.xfce.org/releng/4.14/roadmap
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Linux mint mate

>Is it dead?
no, it is not
and you should not even try KDE on that hardware, use LXQt + KWin (i actually used it on E-450), it should work pretty smooth on your machine

Look at their repository. It is not dead. Just slow.

Also I have already switched to kde ( when they fix regresion from plasma4 I will not look back (regression being- can't set different wallpapers on workspaces))

You mean Cinammon, right?

they are migrating to Qt, it takes time.

learn openbox and tint fgt

what exactly do you want them to fix? screen tearing is pretty much the only real big problem.

you should try fluxbox!
it's very good from the perspective of a previous XFCE user also probably more lightweight.
it 100% supports blackbox themes and has a neat taskbar built in by default. you can also use windowmaker applets if you like them!

Can i have this wallpaper?

Attached: 1514846949173.png (1920x1080, 921K)

>no news of that changing on the horizon.

>wiki.xfce.org/releng/4.14/roadmap
almost everything 100%

I don't understand why retards can't understand the difference between mature software and deprecated software if XFCE hasn't been update maybe is because there is nothing to add or fix like openbox, the core of vim or emacs.

Its fucking free software if developers wont add something you need do it yourself how can you tell a piece of free source is dead when you have the fucking source code.

I have no idea what XFCE is or does sorry.

Install Lumina, faggot.

wiki.xfce.org/releng/4.14/roadmap
they dont upgrade it because they are slowly porting it to gtk3. no reason to release anything before everything's done.

Here you go

Attached: 1514846949173.png (1920x1080, 953K)

>e

fgt

Oh you desu.

It's perfect, no need to update.

>XFCE hasn't been updated in three years
The release schedule for the stable build (even number versions) is 1 build every 3 years. The DE is supposed to be stable. They're obviously working on it since they push updates to the dev versions of their software every week. Stop spreading fud.

It's p. dead tho. Lots of unresolved bugs like xfwm randomly losing the ability to raise windows from the Taskbar until you restart it, the native compositor is dogshit (no vsync) and Compton isn't a viable replacement when it keeps locking up on sleep.

>native compositor is dogshit (no vsync)
Fixed in 4.13

wait, are they? Last thing I knew was they were trying to use gtk3, if they actually go for qt it might save the project and a great deal of linux desktops

>are they?
No

>XFCE hasn't been updated in three years, and there's no news of that changing on the horizon
Read the changelogs, sweetheart. They've been working very hard to update XFCE from GTK 2 to GTK 3. In the past year.

gake news

Attached: 7.jpg (680x453, 108K)

wallpaper plz :3

>XFCE hasn't been updated in three years
Maybe they finished it? It's ready now.

I'm using Budgie at the moment but I think KDE is the nicest DE.

Attached: 2018-04-09-185725_3840x2160_scrot.png (3840x2160, 2.24M)

wut

how did you manage to make budgie look so bad

The Anarchy installer did it for me.
I will rice it soon, and probably move to KDE. I do not like Budgie but I hadn't used it before so I wanted to try it.

the mona lisa has not been refreshed in over 500 years!!! what are they thinking???

when something is perfect, there's no need for change.

>gtkshit
>perfect
lol