Install windows 10 education

>install windows 10 education
>use microsoft toolkit to activate it
>mfw not receiving any updates except driver updates

is this common?

Attached: 1494055194496.png (291x210, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/manage-connections-from-windows-operating-system-components-to-microsoft-services
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Win10 pro
I get every update. I suggest reinstall and a different toolkit to use.

How many updates do you fucking want? I've been using Windows 10 for about six months now, and it's definitely updated multiple times, and I can't think of anything different.

Use your legal Windows 10 Home and stop fucking pirating for no reason. ShutUp10 takes care of muh bawtnet maymay for you, anons.

I noticed this since 16299 on Enterprise when the telemetry gpo is set to security. If you set it to basic it will install the updates.
The documentation does say that you should be using wsus if you have telemetry disabled though.

>windows 10
found your problem.

>stop fucking pirating for no reason
Money is a reason cunt, why would I pay for something I can get for free?

>windows 10 education
>toolkit to activate it
You should get it through your uni for free lmao. Why are you even using education edition if you're not in uni? Just get enterprise or something in that case.

If you have a PC from this decade you already have a free, legal Win10 Home license for it with 99% certainty. That's my point.

Can we still get one?
Because then i install win8 this instant and update it to 10.
Or maybe i use my parents account and log in on my computer. (i am 22 year old and only recently had enough money to buy pc)

>Win 10 pro from University repo
>Activate with Win 7 Enterprise key
>Turn off updates
Whoa

Try it, see if it works. Officially the free upgrade is over, but many people say simply upgrading still gives you a license for that machine.

(But make sure your Windows 8 is fully activated before upgrading, obviously.)

>ShutUp10
>this closed source proprietary botnet can be installed to shut off the botnet on this other closed source proprietary botnet lol
I will never understand the depths of retardation the average Windows user suffers from.

Attached: windows_10.gif (275x144, 1.43M)

B-but the dude at my university with the dinosaur laptop said its totally safe when i interrrupted his mid-lecture anime marathon.

Attached: h_02848473-e1506082796382.jpg?quality=80&strip=all.jpg (2500x1406, 482K)

so where's the spring update? isn't today patchday?

It's not even big enough to hide anything resembling a botnet. An app that small is trivial to disassemble and examine every line of.

And yet no one has bothered doing it. Putting that aside, you'd still be left with Windows.

Because what the app does is so small and trivial you should just do it yourself instead of depending on yet another botnet.
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/manage-connections-from-windows-operating-system-components-to-microsoft-services

Oh, I guess that's why Windows Update hasn't been asking me to do anything.

>you now have to choose between privacy and getting security patches
>also we won't notify you, have fun figuring it out yourself
Everyone at Microsoft deserves to be executed. I guess modern Linux is still worse, though...

Attached: 1504681452700.jpg (900x900, 261K)

That does even begin to cover the settings that app does, not to mention it's mostly for Enterprise.

Seems to be the case on my end as well.

Just switched from Security to Basic and restarted, but it doesn't look like it's seeing the .334 update. Is there something else I should do? Will I just have to install updates manually for the rest of eternity? Can I set up an illegal WSUS server or something?

I'm actually using Win10 Education right now. Its supposed to be Pro underneath iirc.

All I know is after a small update, my Poison Ivy instance won't start

>If you have a PC from this decade you already have a free
My laptop was manufactured in 2014 I bought it in 2015 and it came with Dos installed

>Its supposed to be Pro underneath iirc.
No, it's rebranded Enterprise.

Not buying a key for $6

Are you really that poor?

can you set education to get mostly security updates and delay big updates to a while?