>right justify text
>italicize text
>gimp decides it's a great idea to cut your text off
Fuck this piece of shitware.

Attached: dogshit.png (714x714, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RZp7BvQJnU8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

so write a patch OP, what's the problem?

Why don't you do it?

Gimp sucks. Use something else. I have to recommend against Photoshop though, it's an unintuitive mess.

Not him, but don't you think that the one with problem should submit fix if official devs don't do it?

who /paint.NET/ here?

This.

>Why don't you fix my problem for me
Gee maybe because it's not my problem...

The replies in this thread is why Linux and all it's shit will never capture dominant market share in the desktop area.

Got a problem?
"It's not my problem, you fix it."

people don't understand free software

Is this actually a big? Doesn't italicize allow letters to run outside of their normal bonding box?

Attached: gimp v word.png (800x650, 70K)

>in the desktop area
In any area, user. Besides a few niche markets like supercomputers and entry-level smartphones, Linux hasn't really made any relevant incursions anywhere.

so don't use it

>Our software is shit? You fix it.
Or I could just use photoshop :^)

Or paint.net

>Using a software called gimp in the first place

It's used in plenty of servers

>create text that expands beyond the selected area
>complain about the software

>muh freedom without botnet
Just accept that Adobe won... The only thing outside the CC suite I use is Corel paintshop and draw and just because of faggots that are either to dumb or to reluctant to learn how to use Adobe software. Corel is trash but the only professional alternative if for some reason someone can't/won't use PS or IL.

(You)

>using CC
>relying on the cloud
>paying a rental fee
>not using CS6
Adobe died the moment they stoped being software and started being a (((cloud service)))

Upgrade to 2.10 pal.

Attached: Screeenshot.jpg (1366x768, 245K)

does cage transform still crash?

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-04-10 at 9.57.07 AM.png (662x580, 61K)

Good thing it's Free Software and you can file a bug report or fix it yourself.

>click text resize border or
>move the right border or
>select Move to move the text layer
is bug a new code word for retard?

Attached: 1520993045512s.jpg (250x166, 9K)

Link to bug report?

I'm actually using CS5 at work not CC exactly for that reason. Their software is neat but fuck anything with a subscription and heavy reliance on the cloud....
Honestly if it had more features I'd switch to Affinitys suite and wouldn't look back. Easy, functional and cheap.

>dependency on (((ms))) technology
more like paint.BOTNET

And this is exactly why free software will never ever work. What's he supposed to do? Relying on people like you seems to be a dead end. You either have no motivation to fix user issues or you're just another larper kid who couldn't program their way out of their mommy's basement. Either way, you're useless to the communal non-programmer base of free software users.

So what's his alternative? To pay you? Would that incentivize you to help? Yeah, it doesn't matter if it would or not. Anyone willing to pay is just going to put that money towards a well-established and company supported proprietary solution. In other words, if throwing money at you to fix GIMP is an option, they're going to choose to throw money at Adobe and get Photoshop instead.

Attached: 1520876542434.jpg (600x338, 83K)

LINACKS NEVER EVER

sourgrapes.txt

>free software will never ever work
Nuts.

>Nuts.
Yeah, you'd have to be to rely on unfinished buggy software to perform menial everyday computing tasks.

>you'd have to be to rely on unfinished buggy software
Double Nuts.

So, in other words, you don't have an argument.

Yeah, Word is actually pretty powerful

youtube.com/watch?v=RZp7BvQJnU8

>So, in other words, you don't have an argument.
Triple Nuts.
You have opinions not arguments, dont expect me to reply with them.

>anything i can't form an argument against is an "opinion" or "bait"
>dont expect me to reply with them.
And yet here you are, shitposting in response to my "opinions" while you sit there shaking with impotent rage at the thought that someone challenged your idiotic software ideology.

>Anyone willing to pay is just going to put that money towards a well-established and company supported proprietary solution.

If this is your attitude then it's no wonder you think no one will ever fix bugs in GIMP.

BTW, proprietary companies like Adobe do anti-user shit all the time and I guarantee you dealing with their support trying to get a bug fixed is not a pleasant experience unless you are one of their big enterprise customers paying them big $$$.

>If this is your attitude
And it is, yes. I'd much rather just throw money at a proprietary solution than listen to a bunch of elitist shitbags and ideologues prattle on about the virtues of "free" software all while asking me to "bounty up" if I actually want a bug fixed. I, like most people, will take that bounty money and give it to Adobe. At least their shit actually works, is essentially the world standard, and actually offers some support.

>become retarded
>be retarded
It keeps cutting the text off even if you resize the textbox, you fucking moron.

Attached: (You).webm (1280x720, 955K)

Hey dude, if you think I am going to loose my nerves about someone I dont even know, you are mistaken.
The fact is, there is free software, there is shitton of it, people were, are and will continue making it, and with latest trends it just grows.
7-10 years ago nobody had a fucking clue about something as googleplay store with shitton of apps which are "free" or mostly free.
Same with opensource.
Your "shitty" GIMP is completly free piece of software which anyone can install on whatever system he is using.
The mere fact something like this exists, is argument in itself.
And the best part about it ?
If you dont like it you can uninstall knowing you didnt pay a penny because it is, well free.

>Hey dude, if you think I am going to loose my nerves about someone I dont even know, you are mistaken.
I'm obviously not mistaken, or you wouldn't have bothered shitposting a reply to me in the first place.
>The fact is, there is free software, there is shitton of it, people were, are and will continue making it, and with latest trends it just grows.
Good. I have absolutely nothing against the idea of free software. Just the people who claim to maintain it.
>If you dont like it you can uninstall knowing you didnt pay a penny because it is, well free.
Yep, and then turn around and pay an established company for a piece of software that people actually use and actually works. You get what you pay for.

>lol just fix it yourself, I can't be bothered
Free software is a joke

Then go and do that, and then we can laugh when you come back here in a few months complaining about how Adobe fucked you over and tried to push you more into cloud subscription bullshit.

>At least their shit actually works, is essentially the world standard, and actually offers some support.
GIMP is quite stable, is the oldest and most popular free software raster editor, and you can get support for it too... if you pay for it. But you wouldn't do this because as you already admitted, you are a shill for photoshit.

webm source?

>Just the people who claim to maintain it.
that's rich coming from the place where you don't care about their product and they don't care about you
>Yep, and then turn around and pay an established company for a piece of software that people actually use and actually works. You get what you pay for.
what message are you trying to convey here? is it supposed to frustrate us? you seem oddly insistent about it.

Photoshop is unintuitive if you're stupid.

>>lol just fix it yourself, I can't be bothered
>Free software is a joke

You Sir, a Joke, with capital J.
Its free, which means you are free to do with as you please, nobody is forcing you use what the autor has created, you are FREE to do what you want.
Unless you are dummy who cant do shit but complain.

>microsoft word is better for graphic design than GIMP
FREETARDS BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

>Then go and do that, and then we can laugh when you come back here in a few months complaining about how Adobe fucked you over and tried to push you more into cloud subscription bullshit.
But I've been using their stuff for years (well, decades, at this point) with no issue, and they're not the only company I pay.
>But you wouldn't do this because as you already admitted, you are a shill for photoshit.
Yeah, man, I'm totally an Adobe employee. You caught me. Good job. I get paid by the post and my name is Rajeesh Sanjeep. Or something.

>that's rich coming from the place where you don't care about their product and they don't care about you
Maybe if they cared about user experiences and feedback people would care not only about their particular product, but free software as a concept in general. Nah, that's too crazy a notion.
>what message are you trying to convey here?
I've mentioned it multiple times. You're a smart enough guy to get it.
>is it supposed to frustrate us?
No, and if it's doing that, it's on you not me. I was just a little irritated that someone with an issue got the usual "fix it yourself" handwave from a bunch of larping kids. If it was just a Jow Forums thing I probably wouldn't be so bothered, but it's also a prevalent attitude in the free software world.

or maybe he could just fix the bug.

Photoshop is only intuitive to stupid people. Anyone with reasonable intelligence finds its UI and UX design severely limiting.

That would require him to be a programmer, which he doesn't seem to be.

>Anyone with reasonable intelligence finds its UI and UX design severely limiting.
Yeah, real high IQ Rick & Morty fans flock to GIMP.

>fix it yourself" handwave from a bunch of larping kids

From this point on I suggest that all opensource software should be manadatory distributed by source code only, and everyone who needs will have t ocompile it themselves.
Just this simple steps will remove ability of plebs like this to bitch about it.

Photoshop is feature creep madness, and the only way Adobe compensates is by dumping stuff deeper in menus. When I get home I don't want to touch the design suite at all. GIMP is so much faster.

I'm also free to call it a joke when the maintainer of a project tells the user to fix his shit.

>I have been using for decades and never encountered a single bug!!
Cool story bro.

>Maybe if they cared about user experiences and feedback
Okay, that costs money. If you want them to care about this then the donate button is at the top of the Gimp site. If you want it to go faster then you can contact one of the developers and say you want to pay them more. But you won't do this because you are a shill, and we already know what side you're on.

I agree with you, believe it or not. Anything that makes a larger obstruction between the average computer user and the "free" software world is a good thing. They're not ready to work with your software or your philosophies, and you're sure as fuck not ready to teach or accept them. Seems like a win win situation.

>If you want them to care about this then the donate button is at the top of the Gimp site.
But I don't want them to care, and neither do most people. That's what I'm trying to get you to understand. Most people, if they have to pay money anyway, are just going to go with the devil they know.

>you are FREE to do what you want
Except italicize right-justified text without cutting it off.

Attached: 1501262737391.png (231x252, 60K)

>But I've been using their stuff for years (well, decades, at this point) with no issue, and they're not the only company I pay.
then why do you feel the need to come and bitch about gimp on your free time.
>I've mentioned it multiple times. You're a smart enough guy to get it.
nope I don't see it, yet I watch rick and morty.
all you've been doing is bitch about a program you don't have to use since you have a strictly better alternative and demand improvements to it for reasons I have yet to grasp.

>if what I want isnt included in original version, I am helpless
Current state of people to use opensource.

>then why do you feel the need to come and bitch about gimp on your free time.
I'm not bitching about GIMP, it's just the focus of the discussion. I'm bitching about idiots going "hurr durr u fix uself!" every time someone has an issue with a piece of FOSS software.
>all you've been doing is bitch about a program you don't have to use since you have a strictly better alternative and demand improvements to it for reasons I have yet to grasp.
Then you're either not reading the discussion at all or grossly misinterpreting it. Guess the stereotype about R&M fans is wrong after all.

the real deal is that gimp has an abortion of an GUI.

That's a text editor you retarded macfag.

OP is full of shit

Attached: oplives.jpg (498x500, 57K)

>Most people, if they have to pay money anyway, are just going to go with the devil they know.
Good for them. If you and the rest of "most people" get sick of being in jail and want freedom with your software then you know where to find us. The door is open.

And we are sick of you idiots coming in these threads shilling your proprietary trash every time someone has an issue with a piece of FOSS software.

This is just like the fags bitching about caddy's stupid eula when using their binary distribution.

Fags like op are just entitled and his willingness and ability to pirate nonfree solutions further spurs this attitude. Pay the troll toll or fuck off crybaby.

Not to mention the stupid save/export dichotomy. It's a waste of time for the user. I for one always click save, type the file name then cancel and export again.
Inb4 its like photoshop, nobody uses gimp's custom format.

Attached: this.jpg (533x300, 16K)

>get sick of being in jail and want freedom with your software
Unlikely, as our software actually works.
>The door is open.
Yeah, you're just an idiot if you bother to walk through it. You end up getting told to "fix problems yourself" or "pay up" anything you come across an actual issue with the software.
>shilling your proprietary trash every time someone has an issue with a piece of FOSS software.
The header at the top of the page reads "Jow Forums - Technology" and not "Jow Forums - NEET Hacker Larping & FOSS" as you seem to think it does.

>t. never used gimp for anything beyond making memes to post on facebook

but why would you care at all if you're so secure in photoshop's superiority?
That's like creating a thread only to talk about how shit some chinese carrier's custom web browser is botnet bullshit.
This all makes me think that you do in fact deeply care about GIMP for some reason.

How would anyone of you fix it? How do you calculate the exact offset that the text needs to be moved by?
Do you have access to a font's height and italic angle?

>freetard tells someone to fix something on their own
>suggest something else that works
I don't see a problem with that desu senpai

Fix it, don't complain. It is free software, it works like that.

>you're so secure in photoshop's superiority?
I'm not. You're really hung up on this "GIMP vs PS" thing. It was just the focus of discussion when the person who got handwaved by a bunch of pretend programmer freetards.

The "problem" is that this wasn't supposed to be how things worked out for them. They were supposed to become the "gatekeepers" of the software. If you need help/support/whatever, you have to go through them and their gigantic undeserved egos. Of course, everyone realizes that you DON'T have to go through them. You can just go find software that works without wannabe elitists circling around it. This really bothers them.

so what now you're saying gimp has stuff on photoshop despite just being floss (because you said you didn't care about that)?
please enlighten me, I've never used photoshop but I always imagined it as better on the accounts of people like you

>I'm not bitching about GIMP, it's just the focus of the discussion. I'm bitching about idiots going "hurr durr u fix uself!" every time someone has an issue with a piece of FOSS software.

The point of the FOSS sotfware is access to do thing you want with it.
If this is not priority for you, you buy something what pre-prepared most common functions for you and make requests on them if something is missing in exchange for monetary compensation.
You do not make request on open source, you make them happen because there is no monetary compensation involved, there is noone backing it.

Only retards will use gimp, when you can use Photoshop CS2 for free.

Can I freely study, modify, redistribute the program as I see fit? If so, then it doesn't work for me sorry.

>The header at the top of the page reads "Jow Forums - Technology"
Please also refer to the sticky, particularly this line
>Jow Forums is NOT your personal tech support team

>feature creep madness
>he uses the newest version of photoshop
>not flawless CS5

GIMP
>If you need help/support/whatever, you have to go through them and their gigantic undeserved egos
PHOTOSHOP
>If you need help/support/whatever, you have to go through them and their gigantic undeserved prices

Attached: download.jpg (200x193, 8K)

>so what now you're saying gimp has stuff on photoshop despite just being floss
No, you're saying that. No one else is. My entire point is that freetards who talk down to people aren't helping the cause they claim to love and support, and most people are just going to find an established proprietary solution if they have to deal with elitist shitbags or open their wallets. The OP was talking about GIMP, though, so it became the example for the thread discussion.

>Can I freely study, modify, redistribute the program as I see fit?
Nope, but I seriously tend to doubt you do that with FOSS stuff, either. Statistically speaking, you're just another Jow Forums larper kid.
>Jow Forums is NOT your personal tech support team
Oh? Who was asking for tech support? I wasn't. The OP doesn't seem to be, either. Did I miss it?

And yet they BOTH want money to deal with issues.

>If you need help/support/whatever, you have to go through them and their gigantic undeserved prices
Yes, paying $9 a month sure is a gigantic undeserved price for something that is used in the AAA games industry, Hollywood, and for every award winning designer ever.

What a stupid fucking nitpicky gripe... Fuck you OP.

You suck.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 19K)

Literally a non issue, just increase the text box. You can without breaking the line. Of course you will post it again and increase the awareness on Gimp, so you are failed at basic trolling.

Attached: froggo.gif (487x560, 898K)

>getting to make choices in enterprise environment

Attached: 1506475180525.gif (480x479, 263K)

>>you're so secure in photoshop's superiority?
>I'm not
>>so what now you're saying gimp has stuff on photoshop despite just being floss
>No, you're saying that. No one else is.
I feel like I'm talking to an (admittedly well written) chatbot. there's still the eternal problem of short term memory.

>paying $9 a month
>paying monthly
>you pay and you dont even own it
Hold me please.

just go be a pirate then like all the poorfags with no money

>what is finances, vendor lock in
that $9 adds up over time, plus they make more money by charging you for add-in services, it's a lot easier for them to do this when you are completely dependent on their platform

But no one is having, or even wants to have, this "GIMP vs PS" argument you're desperately trying to get started.

>that $9 adds up over time
Yeah, to right around $108 a year. A truly crippling amount. Had to smash the piggybank open just to afford ramen noodles after paying that Adobe bill.

>most people are just going to blah blah blah
Classic case of projecting. Take your shit software and get lost.

>Nope, but I seriously tend to doubt you do that with FOSS stuff, either.
I do actually, deal with it.

>Oh? Who was asking for tech support?
See

I fucking love this video, it makes me laugh every time at how shit gimp is

Not only that, based Adobe changes their prices based on the wages of each country, so that in a shithole like mine the program is still affordable. I can't understand why Jow Forums hates business so much, they provide a service that I am more than happy to pay for