High

How high can this drone fly?
youtube.com/watch?v=gK2UPyoxhgI

Attached: mat.jpg (1000x738, 276K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Didier_Delsalle
youtube.com/watch?v=Ak421XXlX_Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Usually drones can fly until they loose connection or until their propellers can push enough air as it's really thin. What I wonder is, how many drones can be used at mount everest?

Very high.

>how many drones can be used at mount everest
Really retard? Not even helicopters work there dumbass.

Helicopters are multi-ton flying metal boxes. They need to push more air to stay flying. A drone is a few pounds or ounces, they need to pull a lot less air to stay flying. It's a good question, dumbass.

But helicopters can fly on everest:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Didier_Delsalle
Drones can do a bit better because they don't rely on oxygen for their engines

Lucky I live in an area where passenger aircraft are forbidden to fly so I can fly from 3000m to 4000m altitude all the time.

>Really retard? Not even helicopters work there dumbass.
Are you retarded? The landed on the top of Mt Everest in 2005 with a AS350 B3. The highest a chopper has flown is more than 10,000 feet higher. When the weather is clear they pick climbers from Everest using choppers all the time.

I have a Phantom 3. When you take it out of beginner mode (which geofences it to the controller), you can fly it until it loses connection, at which point it will slowly try to come back towards you until it regains connection. If you can maintain line of site to it, it can maintain a connection from very far away. I once had it fly straight up from my yard and it kept going until I couldn't even see it.

Exactly? I'd say pretty high

Or at least I'd say very high, or even really high depending on atmosphere.

Lol rekt

About 6000 meters MSL. 400 feet AGL in the US (legally speaking) So, what if you are traveling to the Rockies? Well, you would be restricted by law to 400 feet AGL or “above ground level.” However, on a mountain you could be thousands of feet above MSL or “mean sea level” at your home position. According to DJI, a phantom 4 has a ceiling of about 6000 m which translates to a bit over 19,000 feet. Keep in mind that as you approach the rated ceiling of the drone, performance will diminish. You will have less lift, speed, and maneuverability. If you push beyond the flight envelope, in all probability the drone will begin to tumble. This is generally considered an unrecoverable situation.

I think most drones can fly a lot higher when you make them lighter by removing non-essential stuff like (rotor) guards, landing gear and camera.
Maybe also use a smaller battery and larger rotors.

With too little battery you can not fly in the air for a long time.

Flight time isn't in question, just altitude.

here is not enough flight time, you can not fly high.

Think of man, please!!!!!

MAAAN! PLEASE!

Attached: th.jpg (474x355, 7K)

good answer, thanks

helicopter has worse lift than most drones do man.. they have 4 rotors if you get big ass ones that are each capable of lifting itself that's 4 times the lift of a fucking helicopter

I have a ranch at 10,000ft above sea level
we had phantoms there taking landscape video. no issues.. and in shitty ass weather + wind

was pretty cool to see

>helicopter has worse lift than most drones do man.. they have 4 rotors if you get big ass ones that are each capable of lifting itself that's 4 times the lift of a fucking helicopter
this is so true

It can be a wonderful place.

the colorado rocky mountains is wonderful

This is a nice recording with drone.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ak421XXlX_Q

>The landed on the top of Mt Everest in 2005 with a AS350 B3.

That was a huge achievement that required a lot of special equipment, technique and weather conditions. It has never been repeated.

>When the weather is clear they pick climbers from Everest using choppers all the time.

Not from the summit, only from camps several thousand meters below. The very highest a helicopter rescue has occurred was at around 7000 meters, at a different mountain.

Nice!