Is it safe to update now?

Is it safe to update now?

Attached: firefox-59.jpg (900x506, 44K)

You should have updated to 57 the very day it came out.

I switched to FF then, and never looked back at all.

Just download a portable version and try out the addons that are available. If it works for you then update. If not then do the middle of the road thing and switch to waterfox. Just get off of ESR though, both 57+ or Waterfox are better options.

Waterfox should not fucking exist.

At least Pale Meme has a reason for its existence, even if it's a retarded one...

Souldn't, but Mozilla saw it fit to have almost as much analytics in FF as Chrome does deprivation of the old addon system.
Waterfox has been a best of both words for me.

You dumb idiot, the only reason Waterfox exists is because Mozilla hated 64-bit Windows years ago.

The privacy BS is a smokescreen to keep it alive.

I was speaking in the context of NOW, but yes it did start from Mozilla being fucking retarded about a 64-bit version.
>The privacy BS is a smokescreen to keep it alive.
Enjoy your Mr. Robot ads

>but muh (admittedly retarded) experiments!!!
That shit is so minor, I have a feeling it's Waterfox shills who keep talking about it everywhere and nobody else. They made a mistake, they fixed it.

What about the Cliqz software included in some Firefox installations? Sure, it is included in only 1% of the browsers, but is enough to be suspicious of Mozilla's intentions and future plans.
I don't know if even Waterfox has that thing disabled.

or that stupid mr robot advertising extension

I tried useing a portable version of FF 54 once. Everything worked fine at first but every now and then it would delete all my greasemonkey scripts whenever I started portable FF sometimes, forcing me to manually re add my scripts and settings over and over again. I never had this problem using normal FF 54 with the same settings and greasemonkey version so I never could figure out what was going on. Its the man reason I stop using portable FF.

>I don't know if even Waterfox has that thing disabled.
So you admit you're using literal meme software.
Fuck you for giving the web to Chrome, you dick.

I have never had that issue with firefox portable. But that might also be an issue with Greasemonkey since it's turned to shit it self in the last year or so (Along with breaking some of their own API in the newst versons).
Use trappermonkey, its better in every regard and supports the APIs that gresemonkey deprecated.

>Fuck you for giving the web to Chrome, you dick.
We didn't Mozilla did.
Mozilla could have been HUGE in business enterprise by having some sort of management software and/or AD integration, but they didn't and Chrome did. Now Mozilla 10 years after the fact is finally implementing such a thing.
Mozilla was the one that ripped out their own UI to make it near indistinguishable from Chrome.
Mozilla was the one who bet on the wrong horse for almost all different web media standards and ended up having to include the Cisco binary blob because of it.
Mozilla was the one that tried to get in to the mobile game late and burned untold $ on Firefox OS.

I loved FF and used the Mozilla Browser when it was a thing. But Mozilla Inc has some of the dumbest fucking management, they do almost everything in their power to shoot themselves in the food over, and over, and over again even with all of the support from the open source comunites.

>Mozilla was the one who bet on the wrong horse for almost all different web media standards and ended up having to include the Cisco binary blob because of it.
BECAUSE OF GROUPS LIKE Jow Forums YOU TOOL

Holy shit, you think Jow Forums has influence on anything regarding this? You're one delusional user.
This shit was dictated by industry players like the MPEG consortium and Google. Mozilla tried playing hardball and instead of pushing for one of the recently several opened up standards that were being somewhat accepted, they pushed for one of the ones that NO ONE across the industry was eyeballing. Because of this everyone else swung in the other direction and went with video codecs that have licensing. They fucked up by not meeting in the middle and we got fucked for it (except now AV1 is a thing thank god)

>Mozilla was the one who bet on the wrong horse for almost all different web media standards
This is the only point you make that I disagree with. Yes, they bet on open standards and didn't win. But it was still the right thing to do. VP9 is a free codec, h264 is not. Standing up for freedom and free standards is a good thing.

All your other points are totally valid. Firefox went in the direction of removing everything I liked about it while also copying everything I didn't like about other browsers like Chrome. They also started focusing on "diversity" and SJW bullshit instead of actually improving their browser. And it had system memory leaks for years, today it's got severe GPU memory leaks if you enable GPU acceleration. One Firefox window should not grow to use 3-4 GB of GPU memory in the span of a few hours.

The dev is actually building a standalone addon library for all the classic pre-v56 addons before NuFox became fucked up completely

Also it has ZERO tracking in it, literally botnet-free

I bet you're also using win10 on intel though

/thread

Thanks, based dubsposter. Nice to get some support for once.

The Firefox resource leak bullshit is a meme, and nothing more than that. It doesn't happen any more than with other browsers given certain websites and hardware/software configurations.

stick to whatever the fuck you're using if you're the kind of people that keep whining about muh sjws and can't configure the browser to disable whatever that need to be disable.

>The dev is actually building a standalone addon library for all the classic pre-v56 addons before NuFox became fucked up completely
Yeah... that's not happening. Get back to me in a year, though.
>Also it has ZERO tracking in it, literally botnet-free
Neither does the real Firefox (except Nightly).
>I bet you're also using win10 on intel though
I am, how did you know? But in all seriousness neither previous versions nor AMD are nearly competitive enough, and other OSes are a joke

>not realizing mozilla is funded by google
>not realizing mozilla has been culling its userbase for about a decade now simply to increase more chrome users
>being this buttblasted and ingorant over something so obvious
lol

Mozilla is so funded by Google, they told them to screw off and used Yahoo for years over user objections (because people with actual social lives use Google and don't cry about "botnets").

works for me now. but i only updated in the past few days

still miss downthemall and video downloadhelper couldn't change the download folder, but everything else seems to be ok. some extensions behave kind of weird, compared to their xul selves or their xul equivalents but oh well. not like there's another browser with extensions with all this functionality. i'm still angry at mozilla either way

>1%
It's only 1% of German users.

Could have kept those xul extinctions AND had the speed boosts of FF57 if you went with Waterfox. Its the best of both worlds.

Waterfox isnt as fast for me. And who is going to continue support for the all the XUL addons? Eventually they wont work if no one does and there are a lot.

other than ublock origin + umatrix, what other privacy addons/flags do I need to set?

Firefox without pentadactyl is useless.
Might as well use Chromium.

so I like that "search for text when you start typing" setting but how am I supposed to cycle between results?

Chromium vs Firefox who win?