Jow Forums's approved video editing tool

what's the Jow Forums's approved video editing tool for Windows?

I mean something as complex as Windows Movie Maker (RIP), I just need it for cutting out parts of video

Attached: g_-_-x-_-_s_x20110118105535_03[1].png (1280x760, 343K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/mifi/lossless-cut
prateekvjoshi.com/2015/12/08/how-to-edit-videos-using-ffmpeg/
trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Seeking
mltframework.org/docs/melt/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Windows Movie Maker 2012, the only version that exports to MP4.
>but it's discontinued
So?

>I just need it for cutting out parts of video
avidemux

ffmpeg

Avidemux is full of bugs.
How do you cut video without a GUI? How do you figure out where to cut?

/thread

I use Blender for video editing. It's fairly competent and free. I do 3D shit as a hobby though so I'm already familiar with the daunting interface.

>Avidemux is full of bugs
but it cuts videos into little pieces like your pinus should be sliced and diced

>t. retard

>I just need it for cutting out parts of video
github.com/mifi/lossless-cut

Blender, if you want a complete video editing program and have patience to sit through youtube tutorials and whatnot.

Kdenlive if you want something that is intuitive and just works.

Shotcut, if you just want to cut videos.

just use photos

Attached: photos.jpg (1921x1056, 169K)

pic related: literally (You)

prateekvjoshi.com/2015/12/08/how-to-edit-videos-using-ffmpeg/

Attached: brainlettttt.jpg (200x200, 12K)

>How do you cut video without a GUI? How do you figure out where to cut?

Fucking dumbass.

First read this trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Seeking
I use mpv, if you click on the timestamp it will show you miliseconds precision (see pic), you can use . and , keys to browse frame by frame backwards and forwards. Then just tell ffmpeg where to cut.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-04-10 10-49-51.png (1094x519, 581K)

i do the exact same thing, works pretty good if you're not a brainlet

If you're cutting on keyframes it would be much simpler to just use mkvtoolnix

>How do you cut video without a GUI?
I use my video player to view the video and get the time codes, then I just feed 2 timecodes to ffmpeg via a script that actually cuts the video (stream segment copy, not transcoding A-B).
When I have all my segments I run another script that concats them all in the order I want.

I have come to prefer using my OS and tools on it as the editor than rely on a single suite that does it all in 1 program/window.

I like my media player, I like my encoder, I like my file manager, I'm going to use those over a jack of all trades suite, crammed into 1 workspace.

So you're a retarded apologist for the horrendous meme known as free and open source "software".

Got it.

mltframework.org/docs/melt/
>It can be thought of as a powerful, if somewhat obscure, multitrack command line oriented video editor.

Attached: mlt-logo-128.png (80x77, 7K)

>command line oriented video editor

Attached: c4a.jpg (238x192, 12K)

>Blender, if you want a complete video editing program and have patience to sit through youtube tutorials and whatnot.
>
>Kdenlive if you want something that is intuitive and just works.

This pretty much, Kdenlive is comfy af desu, I rarely use an editting tool, but Kdenlive is the best i have used on Linux, Blender can do more, but for the few edits it takes me too much effort to use.

lel

Attached: kekcut.png (256x256, 10K)

Davinci Resolve 14 free version is functional, forever and barely limits what you can do.

there are user scripts for mpv so you can hit a keybind and it will send the time to ffmpeg and make the clip for you.

But I need to specify the codec, codec parameters, filters, metadata, whether to use twopass encoding or not, so scripts wouldn't help me too much.

wordito

I found out about Pitivi recently. I have to say it's pretty comfy desu.

Attached: gnome-pitivi.png (1289x800, 368K)

>[…] for Windows?

literally just read

Attached: master_race.png (2000x2000, 119K)

Kdenlive is my preferred.

this

Premiere Pro is the only option if you're actually serious about video editing.