Tfw I've made an entire game using only FOSS shit on linux

twitter.com/ca3games/status/983729880763371520

>tfw I've made an entire game using only FOSS shit on linux
>nobody cares (not like I am asking for people to care)
Thanks FOSS for making my dream come true (making games), I guess.

Maybe I'll finish that Stallman rpg Jow Forums was making some years ago.

Attached: 1484464809910.jpg (1000x1000, 131K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ca3games/Godot
github.com/ca3games/Godot/tree/master/Binaries
youtube.com/watch?v=-Ncp19BJsw8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nicely done, good job user. So where an we download this game? Also, don't expect that many to give you much attention on Twitter. I don't have an account there and I don't want one and I have the sense that most GNU/Linux users avoid botnets like it.

github.com/ca3games/Godot

here's the source code.

Keep up the work user, you've got a good start. Also, get an artist. Most of what will draw people to your game is if it looks pretty.

>my shitty game that took 3 hours to make isn't getting critical acclaim wtf??? It's open sores!!!

don't wanna sound like a total noob but what do I do with that? What do I do with .. .gd files?

I can't just checkout that github and type ./configure and make and have it run, perhaps you should consider adding some instructions or something. A readme.md file?

>he can make it on 3 hours
It took me a week to make.

It seems trivial, but is not.

just open it with godot editor.

Let me make a binary.

do you use windows or linux?

>my shitty game that took 3 hours to make
At least OP made a game. What have you contributed lately, user?

Attached: Cheng Xiao (WJSN) - She is so freaking cute ♥.webm (820x720, 2.62M)

This is the reason why nobody cares, you cannot distribute the source code just because it's FOSS and expect people to bother compiling it. Provide an installer. Also does it have cross compatibility? can you play in mac or windows?

>godot.x86_64 : Multi-platform 2D and 3D game engine with a feature-rich editor
Oh thanks. I believe that hint is enough to figure it out. :) I use GNU/Linux btw.

Attached: 160501 우주소녀(WJSN) [MOMOMO] 목동 팬싸인회 - 팬싸 시작 (엑시, 성소, 은서).webm (872x540, 2.94M)

I've worked on a game with a million + userbase

Let me make a binary.

So I installed godot. When I click "import" it asks me for the project file.
git clone github.com/ca3games/Godot
does not appear to give me a file that says somegame.project, there is no .project file. do what? did you forget to put one in the github? Or is it just me being a noob? what is going on here?

Attached: WJSN_1stminialbum-fancam-001.webm (1280x720, 2.57M)

github.com/ca3games/Godot/tree/master/Binaries

done, binaries out.

see
windows 32 bit binaries are out.

if you want linux binaries just ask.

.exe file

eeew

linux binaries out.

make it cartoony or retro/pixelarty and barely fun and sell binaries for android for cents.

Nice user
I wish I could do something like this. But I have no imagination nor the skill.
I'll give it a try. Looks interesting

Don't want to sound rude or critical or nothing but it's not very fun. It moves a bit too slow so it's not much of a challenge.

Attached: thegame.jpg (608x826, 93K)

Is just my own version of hello world and I remake it everytime just to learn an engine.

Is a non trivial hello world.

Thanks, I'll make some mario clone later, or remake some atari 2600 game.

Is just a breakout, I don't think breakout can be done exciting today.

Now make games like Harvest Moon/Stardew Valley.

good job friend , thanks for making a game . I will play it when I learn how to compile it

Attached: 1460623005667.png (1127x685, 37K)

see
there's already binaries for both windows and linux.

because you wasted a shitton of time making a very shitty game nobody wants to play?

at least you can make games i cant even do that

Attached: 1509781238318.png (1280x1280, 9K)

No one cares because its a breakout variant and looks like shit you autistic fuck.

Is just my own version of a hello world.

>Godot

than at least make good looking assets for your hello game, if you want people to care that is.

I don't get what's wrong with them.

suddenly the state of linux desktop makes more sense to me.

How does it compare to F-19 Stealth Fighter? That's a 30 year old game that ran on a CLI OS so you should be able to do much better than that, right?

youtube.com/watch?v=-Ncp19BJsw8

>I don't get what's wrong with them.
It's nothing wrong with them but they are also not the worlds best. But you're doing this to learn, right? You don't need to hire a team of profession graphics artists to have a great learning-experience making small and simple games. Just keep at it, improve in small steps. As long as you learn from it it's fine.

It's free software, a lot of it is made by people who wrote it to learn or to have fun or, in my case, to have a better experience. Silly example, I contributed some code to epsxe because it was reading input in a stupid way which only let it read one button at a time.

OPs game is totally different.

Attached: scroll-scroll.webm (1920x1080, 2.76M)

I'm trying to learn and maybe improve, my goal is to make something like cave story in two or three years from now.