Fractal Design cases suck ass for hard drives. The vibration is literally the loudest fucking thing in these cases

Fractal Design cases suck ass for hard drives. The vibration is literally the loudest fucking thing in these cases.

Why can't Fractal Design solve the HDD sound issue?

Attached: 1518875854770.png (165x197, 33K)

I have a Fractal R5 case for my server. Have 8 full sized 7,200rpm hard drives and I sincerely have no idea what the vibration is that people complain about. Did you use the rubber dampeners that come with the case? How old is your HDD that it causes such violent vibrations?

I use a Define S and couldn't be happier. Maybe because I don't live in 2010 anymore and 1TB of SSD storage and gigabit internet is all I need.

3 year old HDDs, they all follow the same format and size so the problem is not its age

are you not supposed to use the rubber dampeners for it?

dude I just fixed my rig and this is happening to my 7200rpm seagate drives, wow I thought I juist screwed it down wrong but It wont stop!

define design mini c, using two drive bays

i find if I sort of mess with the legs I can get it muffled

If you have a free 5.25" bay you could use one of these. I use several in an old case where the entire case front is made up of 5.25" bays and I'm happy with them. On my case with almost completely open mesh front I can still hear seek noises but no vibrations.

Attached: sharkoon vibe fixer.png (1146x421, 231K)

Yea you're supposed to use them. I really wish I knew why it's causing vibrations for you. Mine is whisper quiet. The only time I can hear anything is when I'm making backups and all 8 drives are running simultaneously because of my RAID 1 setups. Even then it's not vibration, but just a low hum of disks working.

It's actually the HDD cage. Grab something to apply pressure to the top of it.

>Windows 98+10
>still using HDDs
you doon goofed gramps

you are retarded and need to go back to /v/ or reddit

My R5 is basically silent, but I use WD Reds, which are really quiet drives.

t. poorfag

the likelihood of you owning 60TB SSDs is 0%, kill yourself aspie

Why do you keep shitposting about the same thing? Nobody but yourself has this problem, maybe you should consider suicide.

>seagate drives
I can confirm this, I bought two 4TB enterprise grade drives, and they are noisy as fuck. My case was virtually silent prior to putting them. I hate to think what the noise would be like with these in a shitty prebuilt computer case.

Meshify c here. For the brief period i had hdds in the case i had no issue with them. Speaking of which does anyone know of a way to have my hard drives of by default at boot? I can only think of making a physical on off switch for them which i dont particularly want to do

For maximum silence

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (500x334, 29K)

I have two Define R4s and both of them are loud as fuck when the HDDs spin up.
I'm fucking mad.

So take them out of the bays and put them on a pad on the bottom of the case.

are you dumb? enterprise hard drives have always been loud

mfw I have a Define R5 and the only time I hear my hard drive is when I'm using MSE

what's MSE

Microsoft Security Essentials.

Many security exploits

Put tape on the bottom dust filter to stop the vibrations