pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last thread

Attached: Unicomp SSK.jpg (3264x1836, 1.57M)

Other urls found in this thread:

keyboardco.com/keyboard/blank-iso-v60-60percent-silent-soft-linear-keyboard.asp
kbdfans.cn/collections/fully-assembled-keyboard/products/tada68-mechanical-keyboard-65-iso-layout
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I would suck someone's dick for that SSK, Unicomp or not.

looks shit

make one yourself. the instruction to do so are on deskthority

buypig general

that's unicomp for ya

you look shit to

>be me president of unicomp
>started my company because I supposedly like keyboards
>see people online paying massive amounts for the ssk
>have the tooling to make a repro ssk with authentic keycaps and buckling springs
>decide not to do it because I just fucking HATE money.

Attached: 1521668881521.png (768x752, 88K)

they lost the tooling tho so they have to make almost everything from scratch.

what in the fuck are you on about
you take the original tooling for the model Ms that they make, print out a different mold for the case and make the pcb accordingly smaller.
It's not fucking rocket science

you say that as if $200,000 is a small amount of money. it would take unicomp decades to recoup that money based of the current volume they sell. If they sold more keyboards they'd do it, but the demand is just not there

>print out a different mold for the case
You don't just print out the fucking tooling for injection molding, nigga.

>be me still president of unicomp
>realize that I would need a new mold if I want to sell $200 keyboards to autists
>call up buddy in Guangzhou (a city in china)
>he tells me that he can make a new mold for me, but it'll cost a WHOPPING $20 bucks
>FUCK.jpg
>tell him to kindly forget about it, that's way too much for me to spent on such an en devour.

>is this what membranetards believe

Attached: agtic.jpg (362x346, 36K)

>Guangzhou (a city in china)
10/10 top tier obscure memeing

if you aint using a topre board then you aint living life like youre supposed to

>being this retarded
Inb4 "merely pretending"

Attached: 1509695151772.png (1280x719, 778K)

If I wanted to finger rubber I'd go play with my onahole

Tier list for switches?

God tier
My favorites
Shit tier
Your favorites

here:

God tier
Literally any smooth linear switch

Average tier
everything else that isn't clicky

Shit tier
All clicky switches

Should I?
It's AT though

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1600x1200, 225K)

Depends on the price. Also you can buy adapters for it on deskthority

$30

Do it

God tier: Topre
Shit tier: Everything else

Got my Whitefox recently, loving these bronze switches. Damn these are my new favorite. They feel so smooth.

Attached: plastic and wood.jpg (2400x1600, 1.42M)

can someone recommend me vintage ps2 Japanese keyboard?

Attached: daikoku_futo.jpg (4031x2691, 1.09M)

I'M BACK
for another round of Ergo-dox vs Kinesis advantage. Ergo-dox is too expensive, and kinesis doesn't split in two. What the fuck do I do?

Attached: advantage-black.jpg (510x344, 27K)

>too expensive
You can get the parts for fairly cheap off falbatech. Even including the caps & switches you'd still end up a considerable amount less than a new advantage.

so I buy the mould from ergo-dox, then buy the keycaps and switches at falbatech?

You could get everything, including the case, switches, and caps from falbatech if you really wanted. Switches you could probably get cheaper elsewhere (or maybe get some type they don't stock). They only have DSA sets though.

>Top Tear
Cherry MX Brown
>Shit
Buckling springs

>Top Tier
Romer-G
>Shit
Everything else. Literally nothing can even come close

The bottom row is the only good thing about JIS layout.

all cherry keyboards lag 30ms thou so they cant be top tier.

>e(((((sports)))))

Any keyboards with this layout?
You using those meme optical switches?

Attached: bleh.png (1000x352, 43K)

Hard at work trying to get these old Razer keycaps to shine evenly. They're laser infill and on the keys with the most use it's worn away and left indentations.

Attached: 0707181258.jpg (1920x1080, 251K)

Why not just get new keycaps?

>Shine evenly
lmao

these are alps. if they're black that seems like a reasonable price.

I have more keycaps than I need already. I like to rotate them.

What's lmao? The alphas will get there if I use these the rest of the year. Symbols and numbers might get there if I start programming heavily again.

Hey if the guy who is looking for a cheap board with retro color keycaps is still around you should buy one of the sabre 60%'s from originative.
They come with high quality epbt retro color keycaps and you can get actually decent tactile switches in mod-m or mod-h

I love you

I've got a vortex race 3 and my function keys suddenly require holding Fn to be used on the default layer. Anyone know how to turn that off? I can't find the setting in the manual, I'm not really sure what I've done.

Attached: photo_2018-04-10_13-17-44.jpg (1280x960, 87K)

Chinks have cloned the following:
>MX switches
>Alps switches
>Topre switches
>Hall effect switches
Why the fuck haven't they done a proper buckling spring clone yet?

Attached: d27.png (645x729, 75K)

They have tho

hey Jow Forums,

I got a japanese apple IIGS keyboard with ALPS switches for 2 dollars from a garage sale. Has anyone got experience doing plastic whitening? The keycaps are also ABS, unlike the US version. Will retrobrite delete the printing on the keycaps?

What’s the printing method?

I think they're pad printed, since they appear to have a clearcoat over the lettering that shines a little under bright light. Also, the plastic inside and around the lettering hasn't yellowed at all.

>GMK sells abs 9009 set for 180 dollaroos
>more shekels if you want novelties
>KBDFans looks and says lol
>make PBT set for 119 dollaroos
>includes multiple extra keys
I fucking love our chink overlords

Attached: kbdfans.png (756x629, 134K)

they have.

i don't like chink overlords they stole my mom's job

Isn't that just modern beige with some extras thrown in?

Your mom shouldn't have been in an easily replaceable labor-oriented job.

kinda, it is based on an old vintage keyboard.

Attached: kinda.jpg (1379x792, 261K)

Can we talk about how amazing the g413 is?
>1.4 mm key-travel
>low force activation
>sturdy construction
>has nice light that can be toggled off for stealthy look
>god tier logitech software

Attached: Logitech-G413-800x445.jpg (800x445, 37K)

>Romer-G
Is this bait? That switch feels like my fingers are going through sand.
>sturdy construction
>floating keycap design so your switches can get shit in them.
>has nice light that can be toggled off for stealthy look
Every keyboard with lights let u do that....

Attached: pat.jpg (500x366, 40K)

>romer g
it's shit, my dood

She was chemical engineer responsible for the supervision and safety of 10k tubes inside two hectares, the chinks bought the whole plant cut into pieces and transported it to china. low replaceable job indeed.

>That switch feels like my fingers are going through sand.
I had the CM Masterkeys Pro L with cherry red switches. I had to get rid of it because after 20 min of using my armpit hurted so bad.

Then I am sorry for your loss. Hopefully, with her career, she found another one easily.

Pretty sure that is more about your posture than the actual switch.

Apparently KBDfans has cherry RGB compatible switches. Did cherry stop the exclusivity rights with cooler master or whatever company?

nah cherries are easy to get a hold of. There are tons of aliexpress sellers who sell it. It is just pricey and literally no reason to get them now that gaterons exist.

I was under the impression that gaterons 'weren't as good' in simplest terms. I currently have gateron blues in my keyboard but have been also wanting cherry blues for a while now.

I thought they were dome with slider?
Also the fucked up arrow keys and short shift, plus the fact that I need a AT -> PS/2 then a PS/2 -> USB active adaptor probably means that it's only gonna have 2KRO

Cherry blues are the only somewhat decent one cherry has. Gateron beats them in all other departments including greens.

My keyboard is dying (MS ergonomic).
/mkg/ recc me a good keyboard.
that's preferably:
>quite
>comfortable
>all the buttons in the world
>cheap side sub $100 US

>quite
You mean quiet?
Well at that range you can't buy topres. Maybe some zealios.

II would recommend a fullsize gmmk with box burnt oranges or zealios.

Well Satan, thanks for the advice. Assuming it would just be a waste of money to go with cherry blues if I already have gateron?

I don't think it would even be a significant upgrade to be honest... I would try the new box switches everyone is raving about or buy a model m for cheap if you want something clicky.

>short-throw
>software
yuck

Yes meant quiet. Also I can spend a little more, but like nyone would prefer to spend less.
I was looking at
Matias Ergo Pro
vs
Kinesis Freestyle Edge Split Gaming Keyboard
or mybe even
Wooting One.
My current KB is literally on it's last.

>Well Satan
reddit

Thanks
You need to go back.

>Matias Ergo Pro
matias have issues with their switches, but their quiet ones are pretty good albiet a bit scratchy.

>Kinesis Freestyle Edge Split Gaming Keyboard
I only heard good things about them, but they are mostly in mx variant switches..

Also I am pretty sure these exceed 100 usd.

>Also I am pretty sure these exceed 100 usd.
Yea. I didn't realize that that's the price to pay for a decent keyboard nowadays. I posted sub $100 before looking at prices.

What keyboard is?

Attached: Screenshot_20180411-083319_Firefox.jpg (1080x834, 218K)

what makes that for law enforcement only? a folding stock? Now I'm imagining some cop pulling a "concealed" shotgun from under his vest, lol

Is the rest of the keyboard backlit and only this one is missing? Or is it a non-backlit keyboard that has that for no reason?

the barrel of a gun is just to stabilize the bullet path

muh kbd66

Attached: 234346767345523445.jpg (999x749, 74K)

keyboardco.com/keyboard/blank-iso-v60-60percent-silent-soft-linear-keyboard.asp
Thinking about purchasing this. Will be my first 60% mainly for travel.

Opinions?

for 30$ more you could buy a decent DIY with everything custom

I have never put together a DIY-kit. I'm eyeing the TADA68 on KBDfans kbdfans.cn/collections/fully-assembled-keyboard/products/tada68-mechanical-keyboard-65-iso-layout

However it seems to be incompatible with ISO somehow.

Ducky uses the same keyboards for all their one 2 models. Makes it cheaper to manufacture, so no it has no LEDs and the keycaps aren’t translucent even though they may look like they are

isolet, whats next! you voted for Merkel?

dont diy lol of all the choices you have dont diy unless you want something really insane

why are you telling him this? he wants a 60% one of the most moded keyboards out there, he can have what ever case he wants, he has several types of pcbs to choice, switches and keycaps instead of buying a mediocre keyboard in black and then investing 100$ because the keycaps are shit

Just tried some box burnt orange switches and they feel amazing honestly. How are they in comparison to zealios though and is it better to get these switches for a board since zealios is pricier? I’m leaning towards this or the heavier zealios switches.

Guys I bought 2 ErgoDox EZ's about 2 months back and I feel like I'm still not up to pace as I was when using my HHKB. Did I fuck up or should I look into remapping my layout?

you fucked up and bought a meme keyboard to replace your meme keyboard

>getting dunked on by memes