Why are you on Jow Forums? Why not another platform?

Why are you on Jow Forums? Why not another platform?

Attached: personal-development.jpg (540x540, 15K)

addiction

To?

As much as people complain about Jow Forums, other platforms are far worse. It also means I can go from calling you a retard in one post to saying I love you and want you to ram your pulsating cock against my prostate until my ahegao is imprinted into my memory foam mattress in another.

8ch is dead

Jow Forums

Every other chan moves slow as molasses.

So anonymity?

Shut the fuck up retard.

It's shit but there's nothing better. Small chans are retarded circlejerks, reddit is about just as bad as here, but their admins and mods are even worse, every other place is too user focused with join dates and post counts and similar.

because

Everywhere else sucks ass. I only use Jow Forums, some small niche forums, and IRC.

>platform

fuck off ya idiot

there's other platforms?

Attached: 1523323029049.gif (660x520, 2.56M)

I’m not sure. I’ve tried to find other places, but they’re all either too slow or I get bored with them quickly. This place is boring too, yet I’m still here.

Basically meeting random people. There was a time where there were you could (rarely) meet interesting people on Jow Forums. Nowadays there's no space for legit threads, it's all generals and people bitching about brands.

Go jump off a bridge you fucking retard

boredom. also other platforms suck

I love you

Haha.

I don't love you

I tried Reddit once. Thing that's nice about the internet is being able to say retarded shit and getting away with it. If i wanted to actually socialize(in a real way)I'd just go outside.

The one time I made an account and posted on Reddit I typed an incomplete thought with a naughty buzzword, and sure enough, it was downvoted to hell, then i made another post being apologetic like "hey maybe that was exaggerated" and then people just downvoted that too and people made posts informing me about their superior opinions. One user was quick to point out that my reddit account was just made(really cool it tells other people that right?) and that I was doing a great job in a sarcastic fashion.

Also, examine the case of Ken Bone. Dude, didn't even ask for attention , but blew up on reddit anyway, and now everyone knows how he feels about about jennifer lawrence's asshole because they looked through the back logs. Fucking assholes just wanted to ruin his reputation.

Theres something narcissistic about it, and the up/down vote system breeds herd mentality. but whatever thats the end of this blogpsot. fucking niggers

Even if Jow Forums is spying the users, at least you can say nearly everything. In the past i was on a french forum "jeuxvideo.com", memes were good sometimes but the moderation started to ban everyone when you was trying to say obvious truth or just giving your opinion because some jew and feminist lobby were crying, so i just switched to 4chin.
I'm looking to stop Jow Forums also because of the obvious botnet they are hiding.

>botnet they are hiding.
What do you mean?

Because calling someone a cunt gets you censored and/or banned elsewhere

I posted on Reddit three times in my life and, in all three, only vote was my upvote because no one gave a shit about me. Nobody gives a shit here either but at least I can participate in the community

censorship

Anonymity, equality, lulz

>jv.c
Mon Negro

redditors are too positive
I come here to wallow in bitterness

You can be more honest about things. It's not a popularity contest to get the most votes for an opinion or likes or whatever. It's just text and you have to dig through the cesspool of racism/mental laziness to find good posts.

common courtesy is bigger than any lie anonymous has ever told

*is a bigger falsehood

anonymity

it's one of the last places with little (relative) tracking. I mean nothing is truly anonymous, but people won't bother hunting you down unless you do REALLY stupid stuff

the price of course is the hostility one faces, but it thickens your skin a bit

Exactly this. 8 Chan is the only decent option, although they hate us

lots of people who enjoy similar stuff as me, plus it's a nice secret club

Jow Forums is the leader in volume. However I notice it's slowing down.
Jow Forums has retained the worst of posters.
The best posters have fragmented into other chans, yet all of those put together don't make up one of 4chans volume yet.
It is the most "sellout" platform in terms of how botnet it is.
>Jow Forums = quantity
>Jow Forums =/= quality

I don't like voting system for content/comments. Jow Forums is shit but it's better than reddit and another similar sites

Frenchfag here

0. no better alternative
1. there's an audience for my posts, so I'm not just shouting into the void
2. the other posters are not as insufferable as they get on the smaller chans
3. no accounts, no hassle

Much shit
No upvote\downvote
Threads contains shit I like

Easy to post shit you are ignorant on without having any negative impact on reputation

Other (((platforms))) are restricting. Where the hell can I go? There's only other chans.

Also, *chan can do extremely accurate reporting. I was here for meltdown, AMDflaws, etc. Reading through the thread was much more informing than any tech articles I could find, and also more detailed and nuanced than tech "youtubers" who took days to get their videos right.

Other platforms teach you to listen to authorities whose sole purpose is to influence people's opinions. With anonymity you learn to see through bullshit and manipulation and to check the sources. You'll also see a very wide range of opinions, from the most absurd to the most normative, making sure that you know all the different perspectives on a matter so that you can
yourself form a much more detailed and nuanced opinion.

this, but the problem is that all the fragmentation has resulted in most dead boards and the ones that have some users are slow.

This hole... It was made for me.

Attached: I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU.png (842x767, 235K)

I know what you are referring to. Am I a oldfag now?

I really wanted to use reddit because of all the memes here, but its more of a news site instead of a discussion site, it has upvote system because people don't want to discuss on whatever topic but just pass comments on most relevant topics, and even inside a thread there is a voting system that potentially hides a lot of opinions and presents the most like opinion, which obviously would be unoriginal, vague and clichèd typical upvote whoring comment. an actual opinion will never satisfy all people like here people always fight, it kinda feels natural. But reddit is good if someone wants answer to a question and through upvote system a person can quickly get to the most relevent answer.

Nobody gets censored on here for speaking their mind. The anonymity allows people to be as unfiltered as they like. I've also been here since I was 11 so I always come back for a few weeks/months every year.

fuck you

Clover in fdroid repo doesn't support other boards. Heard floens provided dev builds support ∞-chan. I will forever leave this hiroshima gulag when available on fdroid.

ITT: newfags

Attached: arrest him.jpg (340x460, 49K)

no accounts
i don't want to have an upboat or oldfag meter next to every post i make
also i hate normalfags

If aliens land invisible and mind fuck every other social site, 4 chinners already have seen it. Immune is more than a mindest, put that in you're little diary sun shine.

Want to know why?
Here's why.
NIGGGGGGEEEEERRRRRRRRRR

Terry?

I want you inside me

-no registration
-anonymous posting
-freedums of speech

People are allowed to be honest here.
Of course, in many, many cases they will be not honest, but sometimes they do.
Also its quite interesting how the random nature of Jow Forums can be, where you can get into depthy CPU architecture discussion from nowhere on fucking /b/.

Because the alternatives are just as shit.

Anonymity and ease of use. Also I never want to register an account on another website ever again.

a good balance between anonimity and audience

Guys go easy on him

Attached: 1523133563115.gif (550x563, 174K)

i like anonimity

most small chans are garbage. there's a couple that aren't, but are so slow that it's most like a weekly magazine than an imageboard.

honestly I should stop going here, but I've been here so long already.

Attached: 1518803231710.gif (255x197, 744K)

I've used to see some pearls there, but it is rare now to come across something interesting

RACIST FUCKING BIGOT!1!!!1 HOW DARE YOU! TINY BABY DICK CRACKER!11!11

Attached: Queen.jpg (278x320, 72K)

I have no idea why I lurk this site, maybe it's the crippling loneliness and depression please I need help someone have mercy

AAAAAAA NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER

This is the only place where I feel like I belong despite the faggot infestation.

RACIST HOMOPHOBIC CRACKA!!11! IMMA GET JAMAL AND TYRONE ON YO ASS.

People speak freely when they are anonymous. And since this place is pure chaos it's perfect for my adhd riddled brain.

>anonymity
>freedums
>good content

hahahahhah hahaha
o i am laffin

any good french chans? I know of cable6 and underfoule, are there more? they all seem pretty dead and the culture is pretty much just lame imitation of here thats just pointless

>I really wanted to use reddit because of all the memes here, but its more of a news site instead of a discussion site
I never really wanted to use it, but i know IRL redditors and I told them the same thing.

> But reddit is good if someone wants answer to a question and through upvote system a person can quickly get to the most relevent answer.
Depends. It's obviously better if stupid questions go to reddit instead of killing thread here. 99% of all online questions can be answered by a search query. When it can't, you're either being really stupid or your question to too technically advanced. In the latter case reddit wont be much help. It does show up as a result from my searches rather often though and at those times they provide alright answers.

Literately everyone has moved onto discord, which I hate because the majority have usernames and all use vc.

The only alternative was reddit , but reddit got censored so gab is reddit.

No usernames/identities
Relatively fast
People here are disgusting social rejects so I feel a sense of kinship

there's no hierarchy and accounts
you are worth exactly how much you can tell
that's all what I need

(You)s

Because here lie people's true thoughts and feelings without filter or self-censorship, laid bare for me to entertain myself with. Here i speak with actual Humans with all their imperfections and perfections, with all shades, no masks, no smokescreen, no idealistic bullshit. I get to read all kinds of opinions unhindered and uninfluenced by the platform's infrastructure because nobody here gives a shit, and when nobody gives a shit they speak their true minds. That's far more precious than anything you have to peddle OP, you cock muncher.

(You)'s are upvotes X--D

wew

Attached: 1474034203354.jpg (470x747, 41K)

I'll take autism over sucking cocks any time of the day OP.

Everything else died because of FB and normies.

1) I've been told that 8ch isn't safe to use and I've never took the time to really look in to it.
2) There's a general here that I keep up with.
3) I love the 'hivemind' nature of Jow Forums and the absolutely unrestrained speech that we have. Think of it this way: if you went to Reddit, you'd get the least controversial answer and if you went to StackExchange you'd get the most technically correct answer, while on Jow Forums you get all possible answers, along with some idea of the distribution of the consensuses. Ultimately that's why I use Jow Forums over Reddit (well, that and the fact that I don't even have a Reddit account) for most things, but I will admit to using StackExchange for /sci/ shit.
4) It's familiar.