4 months til end of academic year

>4 months til end of academic year
>still no topic for master's thesis
what the hell are some popular topics, or meme technologies currently?
ML, AI? Something with security? I'm so god damn clueless

Attached: 1476597048246.jpg (400x400, 25K)

Have you considered dropping out?

Corn futures

Blockchain

>dropping on my final, 5th year
why the hell would I do that

>I'm so god damn clueless

Because when you haven't learned anything, you haven't earned anything.

dont they offer topics? here we have hundreds of topic offerings of profs

Pick security

Just do an essay on how etherium business model could be applied to a state run mint of Crypto currency while using the machines the users provide to mine to handle computational needs for the state/sell them off to people who need in turn creating money out of assets people already have.

I'm clueless about what kind of topic to pick, to at least make it interesting
I could always pick something generic and pass without a problem, but I'd feel bad
I don't think they do. I'll have to go ask, but I think some of the profs do have some ideas of their own. My workplace offers a topic but it's webshit and I really don't want to get branded by that any further
I'm interested in it and started some reading but I've nowhere near enough experience or knowledge to think of some topic for it.

Pick something you do have enough experience and knowledge of. If you don't have enough experience and knowledge of any subject sufficient to create a thesis, get the required experience and knowledge or fail to graduate

My mom is one of those true believers in education. She thinks it fixes 100% of the world's ills. She was disappointed I didn't go to grad school. She would have paid for it, too, every dime. But during my time as an undergrad I'd heard disturbing rumors that in masters' programs they expect you to pick your own research topics and come up with things to do on your own, instead of just being told that you have to take classes X, Y, and Z and learn the things on their respective syllabi. I knew I wasn't going to be able to come up with shit like that. So I didn't go or even apply, and lied to my mom for half a decade about why.

What subject do you know about user? How many time do you got?

Dick around with machine vision and image recognition algorithms. Interesting af and challenging enough to push your limitations.

A U T O M A T I O N
U
T
M
A
T
I
O tion
N ion

for real tho my dude :) automation and cheeze pizza are the future of technology

Attached: 90s_white_presidents-of-the-united-states-of-america-the-5131d57131807.jpg (1920x1080, 298K)

I don't hecking know any fields, I've been basically turned into a drone that only learns new languages or something related to them :(
The most interesting (or perhaps the only interesting) class was on automata theory. The prof seemed real cheerful and enjoys his class, he was offering a project of making a compiler which could've been made into a thesis topic. I would've taken that but I just started some soul-sucking internship and didn't have the time.
I've been meaning to escape to either ML/AI or to security but not just simple networking), I'm so tired of this code monkey bullshit.
I think I have around 5 months. Luckily I've plenty of time I just don't know what to focus on. I don't want to make the same mistake as I did in highschool when I went straight on for the programming meme and thought I wouldn't end up in webdev shit

Attached: 093.jpg (650x842, 262K)

if you don't like your career, admit it

I mean only you will know what you should focus on. Assuming you are getting your degree in CS, find/read an encyclopedia of CS and look for some subject that you think is interesting enough to work towards improving

Do a paper about the technological advancements in corn harvesting.

thanks, I didn't think of that
what's with the corn ideas
right now I'm not liking it, I'll admit that
That doesn't mean I don't like the entirety of IT

Machine learning AI to create cloud based blockchain security solutions.

"Using neural networks to augment network integrity".

"The concept of using AI as a network managing tool is not new but in this thesis we're going to give a theoretical overview (and small proof of concept) of how a network itself (using each node individually) can be improved with Intelligent Agents, thereby allowing the network to do much better and faster load-balancing and routing and damage-repair. With the ever growing importance of network reliability for modern civilization, it's important that the tools we use are auto-moderating, and come to rely much less on manual (human) interaction."

Well it's good to have a paper that stands out than one that is too conservative and not innovative. Plus everyone eats corn in some form.

Right you are. So, managing corn crops with AI controlled drones?

That's a great idea. I was gonna suggest that one.

Blockchain

Fucking kill yourself

>better and faster load-balancing, routing and damage-repair
bullshit aside, how would this actually work, the idea of using AI for network improvement is sort of interesting.

So the conclusion would be: crop management via AI-controlled drones, with the records kept on the blockchain that's in a network protected by a neural network.
Is this what the future has in store for us?

Attached: thonking.png (165x115, 17K)

i see no problem with letting the AIs control our food sources

>the AIs
kill you are self my man

any AI system is the same as any automated system, if there are vulnerabilities an AI agent could exploit to gain control, then that's that
using AI-controlled drones makes it harder for another AI system to take control over it because the operation of the drones is done in a convoluted manner rather than a mechanically designed manner
>having any neurons in your brain that lead to the conclusion that an AI system in a crop management drone is the same or could ever become the same as any sort of AI system that intends to controlling human resources

You should have had an idea for a project BEFORE you started your MS. How did you get into the program without a project outline?