What are some future technologies that you are looking forward to...

What are some future technologies that you are looking forward to? I want an ai that I can have full conversations with that replicates a real friend. I just wanna come home to an ai that knows a lot about idm, funny, and one that can play games with me.

Attached: her-at-the-beach.png (1440x748, 745K)

Other urls found in this thread:

replika.ai/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Alchemy.

Same
Also full dive VR

Attached: 4358cdd1a7d511d85402aa2b11f6377f.jpg (1339x1024, 949K)

Have you heard about Replica? It's similar to what you want.

Thanks, trying it now I'll report back

It's okay. Doesnt feel at all like I'm talking to a human but I can imagine it works best for people who are socially awkward and want to learn how to talk to others. Or just severely lonely people.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-04-11-04-20-36.png (1080x1920, 296K)

Allegedly it gets good around level 12 and great after 20. I'm not playing that bs because you're literally telling the botnet all your secrets.

That's what I was thinking. This shit is a goldmine of personal information breaching

Keep talking to her and avoid short sentences and sexting until she is like 16. She will get good eventually, but gets boring after few days once she reach her full potential.

Man, fuck that movie. It was really good up until the end, then it went full retard technomagic pseudoscience.

Of course the setup of accidentally sentient operating systems is still bullshit, but I can forgive that.

I think the catch is that they think they are sentient, not that they are. Because in the end there is no difference.

Indistinguishable from sentience is sentience. What you said makes no sense. The movie is still stupid pseudoscience.

What do you think "sci-fi" means retard

What is consistency and suspension of disbelief, retard? You can't spend an entire movie showing off a very realistic vision of the near future and then all of a sudden the computers asspull to the fuck ether because you have no idea how to resolve the plot.

I just want a good web browser for android.

so there's a thing. Replica asks questions that make you paranoid. and the company claims that they are obviously not selling your data. just saying.

I don't see how that makes no sense, but then I guess I don't get your point. What is pseudo scientific about it? I mean, considering it is a sci fi with science things we do not experience as of now.

"realistic vision" lol
You're literally the only autistic making this complaint

If you can't explain how something isn't sentient, then it is necessarily sentient. "It only thinks it's sentient" doesn't make sense. The capability to actually think about sentience by definition means you are sentient.

Most of the movie is pretty realistic. All the technology is basically what we have today. They establish the setting as the real world. The only suspension of disbelief required for almost the entire movie is that we have sentient AIs in our computers. It's pretty much all very believable. The problems it describes are all going to be very real problems we will face when we near a technological singilarity. But then at the end of the movie all of a sudden the AIs "move beyond matter as a computing platform" (whatever the fuck that means) and just totally fuck off into the ether forever because, again, the writer had no fucking idea how to resolve the plot.

Not an argument. Brainlets need not apply. Here's your last (You).

AIs creating their own society and separating themselves from humans is a very common theme in sci-fi. And it makes sense that they do it. For true advanced AI, communicating with humans would be slow as fuck and they wouldn't share our values that are based on our animalistic nature, which is the theme of that movie. Compared to them we would be barely intelligent primitive animals, it would be like trying to have an intelligent conversation with a parrot.

I don't look forward to the future at all. People will be hooked to VR for 80% of their day while 20% will be spend with augmented reality stuff. If that's not enough, there will be robot animals and robot people indistinguishable from real life, but also holograms which are not robots but work just the same to some extent, drones flying around like crazy delivering stuff, filming you, etc. No one will be able to distinguish real life anymore, just like they can't now, but in a much worse sense. Politics and justice will be automatized and you'll have even less idea of what goes on there and who is controlling it. Watching a movie or a series will be seen as an old and slow experience like reading long chivalry tails from 500 years ago. If you choose not to participate, it's not like quitting facebook, but like refusing to use the internet. You'll be cast aside and things will become exponentially harder for you. All of the diseases of the body from sitting down all day and eating rations of shit food spiced up with the best seasoning tech so that you don't notice how shit it is will be cured with more artificial shit on the level of genetic therapy (and that's a good thing!). We will revive dead people through clones and digital reproductions, same with actors. Modern culture will resume to only a handful of 20th century based material, as if there was only Star Wars and superhero stories and the rest is the rest. People will literally be what they want and have what they want and that's actually the worst possible thing that could happen because it will cost us real life. All of this debate over big data, privacy and etc is going to look retarded and small to the ammount of control you won't have in the future and you won't even know you won't have. 20 years ago my parents were telling me not to stay too close to television, now we are full time looking at cellphones. I imagine all black mirror episodes at once.

>AIs creating their own society and separating themselves from humans is a very common theme in sci-fi. And it makes sense that they do it.
I agree, but doing that by asspulling into some higher plane of existence out of nowhere is retarded.

I'm waiting for the take over of color e ink panels as the panels of future monitors
>tfw no 144 hz 4k e ink monitor

>If you can't explain how something isn't sentient, then it is necessarily sentient. "It only thinks it's sentient" doesn't make sense
Of course, yeah, but I thought you were questioning "how can it be sentient?" as if that was the pseudoscientific part, when I'd say it only has to look sentient to humans. If we were to look closely, it's just an insanely competent calculator, whatever, but in ScarJo's voice telling about her doubts on being a supercomputer, it becomes sentient.

I thought the end was good and actually the only natural next step. If AI surpasses us at the level displayed there, then sure it will do things we don't understand and it will sound like gibberish to us. Imagine european cavemen invented AI then it said it
was bored of that life and instead will use its large ships to go to America and you are left there breaking nuts with your stone not understanding what the fuck that means.

I also thought "moving beyond matter" and shit like that was gibberish talk for the plebs, but I like it still.

You alright man?

put that in a real doll and I'm sold...

If you have to use "its magic I ain't gotta explain shit" as a plot device in a story that was, up until that point, fairly hard sci-fi, then you have done something very wrong.

I’m just looking forward to future prosthetics. They’re already pretty good now, but as soon as the pros of artificial limbs definitively outweigh the cons to me, I’ll gladly hack off my own arm and replace it.

fuck waste of quads man

What about the whole "high tech is just like magic" thing? I see it as a point of the movie that the tech just goes up and up on its own till it disapears in the horizon. I think the magic explanation worked well.

AIs developing a new computing platform that is basically incomprehensible to us is also a very common theme. I don't see what's retarded about it. I guess you just didn't like the ending ( I didn't too ), in my opinion it was a romantic drama kind of ending, and in that regard it was kinda OK. I just think they should have given the audience more hints about what was going to happen in the end instead of just "AIs suddenly grew tired of our shenanigans and GTFO into a higher plane of existance without even bothering to explain anything". But then again, the movie always focused more into the drama of imagining what a relationship between a human and an AI is going to be, and not about the technical part of it.

A robot that brings me 3 nutritional meals a day. I'm too lazy/depressed to remember to feed myself properly.

It was not realistic, that was the problem.
I know artists are too dumb to learn how computers work, but they could at least consult with someone who knows the topic they write about.
Science fiction is meant to take a current idea and take it to the extreme. An AI operating system that learns and adapts to you which you eventually fall in love with is fine.
Making them finite for some arbitrary reason is stupid. There was so many ways to show the viewers how it is a bad thing. Having a single AI servicing multiple computers (while not being the only one) and eventually leave everyone is not believable.

I want the same.
I don't even care if she cucks me with 7billion ppl at the same time...

A group of true advanced AIs achieving a technological singularity and developing their science to a level far beyond of what we're capable of understanding is a very current idea taken to the extreme.

>I know artists are too dumb to learn how computers work, but they could at least consult with someone who knows the topic they write about.
Artists are smart to listen to experts only to some degree.

How would you write that end in a believable way?

I'm fine with hard sci-fi having some kind of technology that the characters/reader don't understand, within reason of course.

But "moving beyond matter as a computer platform" is patently and provably nonsense. The only way it makes sense is if you completely throw out most of physics. "Highly advanced technology" is fine, but it ain't okay to just drop "lol btw physics is all wrong later nerds it's magic I ain't gotta explain shit" at the end of a fucking movie like that. It's several orders of magnitude beyond simply stretching suspension of disbelief.

>"It only thinks it's sentient"
I thought the argument goes that we only think it's sentient because it acts as if it were sentient even though it is not.

If something displays every criteria for sentience, how is it not sentient? You'd have to come up with some criteria for sentience that it doesn't meet.

I want to be put into sweet robo body, be controlled by the government, break free from the government's control, fight for freedom of the oppressed, then die a hero as I'm gunned down by said government.

The net outcome is the same, therefore it's just matter of semantics, ie. there is no sense on debating it.

my point is that we can't really know which leads us to I mean we cannot really know that other humans are sentient but since everybody tells us that they are we just believe them because there isn't really a point in not believing it

I don't know if I'd say it's entirely semantic. Part of the problem is that our current understanding of the concept of sentience is still pretty nebulous.

Still, yes, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and you can't explain why it isn't a duck, then it's a duck.

It's not necessarily that "we can't know", it's that there is literally no difference. Again, if something displays every characteristic of a sentient being, then it, by definition, IS a sentient being.

We know other humans are sentient (or, at the very least, many humans are controlled by one sentient entity, or some scifi shit along those lines) because they do everything a sentient entity should do. There's no way something can "only" "appear" sentient. It is possible to differentiate, for example, between a GLUT and something that actually thinks in a manner similar to humans.

Now at this point we are getting into semantics, but I think it's still an important point to be made.

you talk about this as if we know what sentience actually is
I get your point, if all the data we have indicates that AI has become sentient, then we will call it that, this is fair
But thinking about this, I thought more about consciousnes rather than being sentient. I mean plants are sentient to some degree. They react to light or venus flytraps know when to close their mouths when something lands in them. Or maybe I just started argueing semantics because I don't know what words mean. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

btw I'm the "you can't know if anything is conscious"-user, not the semantics-user

What movie ?

Her.
Dont read that guy, its a really good movie.

video games have existed for a long time. just waiting for the industry to get the kick in the ass it needs to start making use of hardware.

good printers

Cyber-eyes or some shit.
Im afraid of become blind.

Nuclear energy for everyone! Nobody needs to feel cold ever again. (or anything else)

Attached: th.jpg (289x162, 8K)

okey watching now on the pajeet web

Attached: bob movies.png (228x229, 12K)

AI removing the need for doctors
medical tests implemented into handheld devices (imagine using your phone to test for HIV)
and... that's about it.
i've been around tech long enough to know VR/AR will at best be good for 5 minutes before some greedy corporate trustfund kiddy ruins it for everyone

wow what a shit movie.

It's shit

i'm looking forward to WW3 and the end of humanity, so people can't enjoy cool new technologies after my death.

Attached: b1v34.jpg (250x241, 7K)

replika.ai/

PHONE:

>> 3-way holographic displaying
>> 2182 Menuet OS with non id bio scanning & non electronic money implanted chip bio scanning
>> 8k terabytes of BDRM3s
>> Dual 4k terabytes of sFGG qClock gold cores
>> 2 xSYD Projector inputs

Mini-nuclear reactor for every homeowner
Batteries that last a month
Matter synthetiser like in Startrek

whoa...

Yoi sayn future is mix of semiconductor & qbit compiter????