Cloudflare 1.1.1.1

Is this trustworthy?

Attached: make-internet-faster-dns-service.png (728x380, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

opennic.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes

>subjecting yourself to man in the middle
lel

>american anything
>trustworthy
lolno

As much as any other DNS server that's not your own.

opennic.org/
or Cloudflare

Which is better?

Let me check

>average isp
10ms
>1.1.1.1
30ms
>8.8.8.8
51ms

HMMMMMMMMM

cheers sergei

*DNS cache poisoning

I use quad9 since when did cloudflare buy the an Aussie IP?

>Is this trustworthy

Do you really think cloudflare would just offer you a free service and expect to do nothing with your data to make profit from it?

Do you really expect cloudflare to be any better than an ISP DNS when they openly blocked websites from cloudflare already simply because it hurt the CEO's feelings?

>cloudflare and ISP give 4ms
>google gives 30ms
>cloudflare having a slight minimum edge, but 6ms peak
>ISP is constant 4ms

So I need to do nothing. Cool.

Attached: 1520361792426.gif (200x200, 91K)

>not using opennic

>40ms to the closest
No.

Isn't there some way to host my own dns server that uses the databases from the big ones? Do such databases even exist? I took a look at opennic but found nothing.

It's called a DNS cache.
You can use unbound on BSD / Linux. That's what I use at home and on my VPSes.

No.
Cloudfare is literally a botnet.

|
|>
|
|

So it still needs to look up dns queries from whatever? Is there really no way to just download a database to use and update it every now and then?

Only vpns and dnses worth using are german, swedish, Canadian or Japanese.

You can, but shit will start breaking really fast.

Also, the entire DNS recordset would be enormous, and it's not centralised... So you can cache your shit, but that's about as good as it gets.

I've found 1.1.1.1 to be pretty excellent. Your mileage may vary..

>You can, but shit will start breaking really fast.
I guess becoming an opennic tier2 server is the only way. It doesn't look like the details on how to set that up is publicly available, seems like they only allow public servers and not private ones.

>Also, the entire DNS recordset would be enormous, and it's not centralised... So you can cache your shit, but that's about as good as it gets.
It's kind of sad that DNS security is such a joke. I kind of hoped that eff and similar would have whipped something up to replace icann & co with something more secure and local. No https and tunneling will help when at least two parties can see what you visit through dns queries alone.

>I've found 1.1.1.1 to be pretty excellent. Your mileage may vary..
Well, I use opennic and 8.8.8.8 as alternative. Seems like replacing google is the way to go since opennic is unreliable as fuck.

>caring about 50ms difference in DNS resolves
So this is the power of Jow Forums?

.... Doesn't seem like that at all. Take a look at dnsmasq or unbound.

There's literally no way to avoid someone being able to see your DNS requests. That's literally how the system works. I honestly don't know if I trust Cloudflare, but I have some time for APNIC. Should be fine.

OpenNIC is legit useless for most places outside the US. Sucks hard :\

It does make a difference when you consider most DNS clients query sequentially..

You generate DNS resolve requests with a speed of glacial motion most of wich will never even reach actual DNS server since it will be retreived from your DNS cache.

What the fuck are you talking about you hippy motherfucker..?

opennic

As much as any other DNS provider. Its certainly more trustworthy than your ISP or google.

nastrovie boris

>buy
dunno
>publicly available
april 1_4/1_1.1.1.1 get it?

In my own testing using a 1gbps fiber ISP, cloud flare's DNS servers are both in the top 10, but L3 and Ultra DNS servers are better, or about the same.

Depends on where in the world you are desu.

Attached: DNS_Bench.png (596x1384, 82K)

obviously

Attached: 2018-04-11 09_49_14.png (560x1132, 88K)

Attached: 2018-04-11 09_50_57.png (536x1314, 68K)

Yeah, to you and I.. Some of the stupid I've seen in these threads..

Stop the planet, I want to get off.

Fucking hell the Captchas have gotten fucking terrible. Desperately needs someone who isn't a cunt running Jow Forums..

cloudflare is a rockefeller joint

This.

Cloudflare is run by the NSA.

>cloudflare
>run by that ceo who got bootyblasted one day and decide to blank a website from dns existence
>caring about you and your precious privacy
>posting on an anime imageboard that uses google captcha out of all the gay shit
>mfw we are all doomed anyways
>mfw i have no face

I use OpenNIG.

Attached: 4-7.gif (600x940, 281K)

Attached: file.png (557x817, 49K)

No
But I use it anyway

Jow Forums uses cloudflare

So final answer?

>1.1.1.1 ~30ms
>8.8.8.8 ~15ms
>vpn dns ~5ms
nope

Yes, it keeps you safe from racist sites.

>not using 127.0.0.53
pussies

Just use it over Tor.

>Not just keeping an up-to-date hosts file

This should be a nonissue. I thought this was a tech board.

Attached: f8f.jpg (500x375, 28K)

Whi almost no one uses OpenNIC?
>inb4 36ms

Then there is the fact you need to update the DNS servers because all three go down or change IP.

Never happened to me. The only related thing I had in that matter is that I ran the GRC's DNS Benchmark and one of them was "unreliable" at 80% or so.