Hey Jow Forums

hey Jow Forums

why do you even keep anything else other than thinkpads with gnu/linux?

>muh gamez
>muh windows apps
>muh apple logo

grow up and stop getting cucked by botnets. Also, save your money, buy used thinkpads and install a supported no bs distro like fedora

thank me later

Attached: nosoy.jpg (230x219, 14K)

thinkpads?
Are you serious?

posting this on T420 with spyware ubuntu

Attached: 0b24cbfb.png (296x170, 7K)

>he has 5 yo laptop and not desktop PC with Source Mage GNU/Linux on it
your life is sad

Real question: is there any thinkpad that can game or has some discrete graphics card? I like thinkpads but I want something with at least 1050 and thunderbolt 3 for egpu.

how is ubuntu spyware?

heavu ui and spyware serach with amazon forcing.

With new LTS they collect data on what users type at all times and sell everything to amazon.

T480 has that gpu
The new X1 Carbon has zoomy tbolt

yeah, I was thinking of X1 and doing a DIY eGPU.

Because I need a laptop for fucking work so everything must work in the first 30 minutes
How do I install my network printer?
How do I connect to that client VPN?
How do I get decent font rendering?

I don't want to waste 15 minutes for googling how to fucking fix my font rendering. Desktop linux is for neets.

if you don't do anything other than shitpost on de/g/enerate and watch zionisttube or shitflix, then loonix is enough, which should cover roughly 90% of de/g/enerate user base

>How do I install my network printer?
Web interface or GUI, within a minute or two.

> How do I connect to that client VPN?
By using VPN client software or network configuration GUI.

> How do I get decent font rendering?
By default. It is already rendering at autism levels with fontconfig.

My Windows 10 gaming laptop works perfectly fine, thank you.

>gaming laptop
they are too big to fit in anything
also >gayman aesthetic

>If you don't do as I say I will insult you by calling you unflattering names and attempt to discredit your character regardless of your argument.

Christ are Linux fags even worse than SJW fucks at this point?

>Why are people not doing what I tell them to do?

Because you're a fucking asshole.

Fuck off.

I got this thing on sale from my crypto gains. I had put 100 euro in crypto and now it's 6k. So i figured I might as well buy a 800 euro laptop to get my initial investment and some profit out of it.

15,6 inch. It has a 1050ti. And I put in my own 500gb SSD (for some reason you had to open the entire laptop up to change the drive).

Attached: 2001415931.jpg (1051x800, 141K)

Im not a neet, you fuck

> defends getting a computer for games and "work"
> can't install a printer, literally plug-n-play with fedora
> calls op a neet, while displaying neet attributes

k

Attached: soymen.jpg (725x483, 80K)

Because Linux is botnet

I don't use a ThinkPad. I use a desktop because I need multiple monitors. I am running GNU/Linux though.

I mean you can take the mini-pcie slot out of nearly any recent thinkpad and replace it with a dock off banggood with a graphics card

ThinkPads are overpriced chinkware garbage.

It really triggers me when people tell me they don't have time to learn linux while they sit around and play video games for 5 hours a day.

another annoying personality type are people who say "well if all technology goes away, you wont have any useful skills"

Attached: 800px-Pope_Sixtus_V.jpg (800x1100, 201K)

You see, the secret is not to just have a thinkpad with linux, but having a thinkpad with linux for your actually important shit, and a gamurz PC for unimportant crap like games.

>tips fedora

For me Debian is the only usable ( and free) distro

>free
>systemd

They're a bit slow for compiling gentoo

I'm not poor or crazy.

Sorry, I'm a power user.

Botnetbook with core boot and gallium has better battery life and same performance.

I'm too busy sucking cock to configure my own OS.

Have you even used a thinkpad? They need an additional kilogram cancerous lump of a battery just to reach a barely passable autonomy and the displays are way too dim and plain terrible to use in most lighting environments outside of pitch dark rooms.
Yes some of us actually do use laptops for more stuff than jerking off to low res hentai, and we even leave our homes once in a while.
You might get that when you grow up a bit.

I have a laptop, but it's not a thinkpad

Attached: screenfetch.png (1463x912, 72K)

You have no idea what that is. Windows users are anything but power users.

>asks if using a thinkpad
>responding with a thinkpad while watching a video on another thinkpad
> both running fedora
>why use a laptop under the sun, your laptop doesn't produce melanin
>assumes he is the oldest person on chan

excuses, all you need is a thinkpad running gnu+loonix if you're not addicted to gaymes and you value your money/time

Attached: soygeymes.jpg (960x892, 234K)

For me, it's OpenBSD. The Best BSD.

Look at p series, they have enough power for modern gaming, but any AAA game made after 2008 is typically shit.

Used buisness class dell laptops >>> thinkpads, i got a Latitude E7440 ultrabook, 1500$~ in 2013, for about 300 from a closing buisness.

ubuntu is a god tier OS my peeps

I have the p51, its pretty great.
linux is shit with graphics cards though, so two harddrvies and dual boot.