'Member BTX?

'Member BTX?

Attached: btx mobo.jpg (1280x1177, 1.47M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZmCEXbspWuI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I do, and I actually liked it.

Don't worry about the horrid SiS 530 performance, all you have to do is install a nice video ca-

Attached: pc-chips-m598lmr-socket-7-motherboard-sis-530-chipset-with-isa-system-board-1.1297__45867.1489936678 (1280x960, 362K)

Oh Hell no. It was design over function.
Apple was the only one who did it remotely right.

Yeah. It was fucking awesome.

-rd.

What's the problem?

Attached: 3dfx_Voodoo3_3000_PCI_SDR_F.jpg (4366x3035, 3.2M)

still have one

It's called CPU cooler.

Yes, what's the problem?

Attached: 52400001.jpg (302x234, 11K)

Still not fitting.
I sadly had those two exact things (well not the exact cooler, but the same profile), and it didn't fit at all.

Attached: v7loIkF.jpg (800x1051, 502K)

Of course. What else is new in your fantasy roleplay?

Attached: uratard.jpg (2100x1500, 364K)

It first perfect actually, just tested with a Voodoo 3 PCI and compared the ISA slot length that was next to it on my board and the Voodoo 3 is a few millimeters more, according to your motherboard, that would fit. Specially with the cooler having it's shorter side faced against it and not it's vider. Even less of a problem if you'd use something like a Pentium Overdrive that has a even smaller cooler.

Attached: 1523445944244.jpg (1280x960, 455K)

>More efficient CPU cooling than ATX
>Expansion cards aren’t UPSIDE FUCKING DOWN
>Connector locations are standardized so every cable will reach
Yeah, totally form over function.

>Pentium Overdrive that has a even smaller cooler.
I too enjoy when my pc sounds like jet engine. Fucking hell, try to fit something like noctua d15 and 3-fan gpu on that board. Shit was stillborn.

yeah, I remember Intel trying to push it after AMD already moved to IMCs, when the layout only really works well for external north bridges.

I dunno, could probably move the socket back a couple inches from the edge of the board so that it is more centered with the DIMMs for an IMC-CPU.

no, the CPU socket and orientation were fixed by the standard so they could be coupled with case-mounted vent ducting, causing the entire compatibility issue.

>SiS

Shit! Are they still around?

AMD chips with IMCs probably could have been shoehorned in, but the CPU to DIMM layout would have been suboptimal, so why spend a bunch of extra R&D money to sell a crappier end product than existing ATX systems?

Attached: BTXformFactor.jpg (1500x1125, 1.46M)

well if it is a matter of the ductwork, one would figure that with an IMC setup it would come with extended ducts to allow it to get that far.

Its not like IMC chips need their sockets directly centered to the DIMMs in order to function, it just needs to be close enough to allow for rated spec.

in a mobo/case spec you can't just move shit around however you feel like.
z-clearance guarantees on mobo components lets case manufacturers safely determine where they can mount other components like crazy side-panel HDD cages.

so again, mobo vendors said fuck, why work harder to make high-clocking RAM work in this form factor when we've already spent tons on getting our ATX lines where we want them.

Attached: BTX-Gehaeuse_IMGP1405.jpg (2292x1600, 1.03M)

Literally the opposite, idiot.
It was 100% Function over form.

these tiny fans were actually really quiet
you dont know what you're talking about

>LMNOPRAM

Attached: 1521096848220.jpg (750x719, 87K)

watermelon cat looks cuddle af

youtube.com/watch?v=ZmCEXbspWuI

>I too enjoy when my pc sounds like jet engine.
>hear someone mention Pentium Overdrive
>google picture
>oh no tiny fan
>hurr it must be loud!
You're a tard.

>Fucking hell, try to fit something like noctua d15 and 3-fan gpu on that board. Shit was stillborn.
>on a Socket 5/7 board
Yeah, a tard.

ain't even that guy but like... tiny fan + excessively high RPM = ????

HINT FOR THE FUCKING RETARDED (YOU) IT'S HIGH PITCHED LOUD NOISE

bigger fans at lower RPM are quieter than smaller fans at high RPM, and tiny fans tend to need to run a lot faster to push as much air, what a fucking shocker, it's almost like this is basic shit

>tfw u had all the old issues of boot and maximumpc but you threw them out
FUCK