Can somebody redpill me on trackball mouses...

Can somebody redpill me on trackball mouses? I remember my aunt having one like 15 years ago and I thought it was retarded.

Attached: Rollerball-Mouse.jpg (2300x1900, 346K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hv5bZXauR2M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just try one out for yourself desu. The M570 is great.

My nigga. The M570 is the greatest mouse of all time.

They're super comfy and ergonomic.

But you'll have to deal with cleaning out the insides, just as with an old ball mouse.

You'll also likely have to buy logishit these days, which aren't exactly durable. You'll get couple years out of it maybe.

MX Ergo is amazing.

Worth the upgrade from the M570?

I've been using trackballs for years now. Wouldn't want to go back. I started with a Logitech thumb ball, but upgraded to a finger ball quite quickly. At home I use a Kensington Expert Mouse. At work I have a CST Lasertrac.

Attached: mbank271202_w1400_h1400.jpg (1400x1400, 128K)

Thumballs are the Adversary come to lead the flock astray

Fingerballs are the Way and the Light

Attached: orbit trackball mouse-500x500.jpg (500x500, 36K)

Looks like the """mechanical""" keyboard autism is spreading in to mice now. Can't wait for the return of """mechanical""" trackballs and ball mice.

Hah, no. Trackballs have been using optic sensors longer than mice.

Bit late for that m8

youtube.com/watch?v=hv5bZXauR2M

But the rotary encoders in ball mice use light as well so that's technically an optical sensor

how does this sensor know wether i am going forwards or backwards?

mice are literally the only peripheral that's actually improved over the years
monitors, keyboards, build quality etc has all gone down but the concept of dragging a rubber ball across your desk was so fucking stupid it actually got fixed

>I remember my aunt having one like 15 years ago and I thought it was retarded.
turns out the retard was you all along

Attached: 1496157561088.jpg (714x702, 181K)

based frogposter

they are definatley worth getting

Attached: fgfdgdfg.jpg (3907x2429, 1.71M)

it counts its fingers.

This. I love my orbit. My old M570 broke anyway because of cheap logitech switches.

Bloody hell, what am I looking at. Didn't know these things exist. How do they compare in accuracy to a normal optic\laser mouse? Isn't it uncomfortable to move that ball with your fingers compared to just moving a mouse around? Genuine curiosity.

i have the kensington orbit, took a few weeks to get used to it ,but overall it is much more comfy, not for gaming though (mainly because of 125Hz polling rate)

They're great for when you don't have the space for a normal mouse

Attached: 20180411_141205.jpg (5312x2988, 2.82M)

also the trackball hangs/strokes when you try to move the ball really fast, its a common problem supposedly in both the orbit and the marble.

>Isn't it uncomfortable to move that ball with your fingers compared to just moving a mouse around?
Genuinely more comfortable, to the point where people with RSI can use them without hurting themselves.
Generally less precise than a standard mouse. If you need bullseye headshots in a twitch shooter vidya then you will find the trackball unsatisfying, although your circle-strafe will be on point.

Attached: CADnoobHUGEtrackball2.png (1085x588, 952K)

My hand does get tired sometimes, so if it's really more comfortable I could try it. Can you find them in a regular shop or do you have to order them online? I've never seen them, or maybe just never noticed.

precision is not a problem of trackball in games, but the move limitation ,and typically low polling rate really mess you if you have to do things quickly. Its great for generic desktop usage, ergonomically helps your hand relax and rest, and such. Just dont buy it for games really.

I do have a gaming mouse, but I haven't played any shooters in years. I sometimes play turn-based strategy and that's it. As long as they are precise enough not to bother me and are comfortable thats all I need.

Used to be much more common but fell out of the mainstream right around when optical mice became a thing.
Low-end models you should still be able to find in computer or office supply type shops but the higher end ones will need to be ordered in from a specialty shop or found online.

Poor for gayming and other precision tasks, god tier for general use. Much more comfortable and better for your wrist/forearm long term.

its ok then, i kind of hoped it would be enough for mobas and after some practice it is, but knowing i cannot rely on micro too much helped me learn the mechanics better in the process.

Alright, I'll see if I can find any locally or order them and try it out. Thanks for the help.

>redpill me on trackball mouses
They're useful when you don't have enough hard flat space available for a conventional mouse