Why the British plug is the best plug

The British plug is the best power plug due to a few reasons.
Shutters that need the earth pin to be inserted in order to open.
Polorised plug that can only put inserted one way.
Custom fuse for the type of cable being used for the item being plugged in.
Ring circuits can be used to save wire in a house.
Insulated live and neutral wires that stop you from touching live power.
Switches on most if not all sockets.

Attached: plug-socket_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq15XUfPwoY7svuJOpueeorTWU-KwRaHvlaJXY1texVLQ.jpg (480x300, 14K)

>Ring circuits can be used to save wire in a house.

This is literally a poorfag measure, not an upside

Fuck off poverty faggot

There's already a plug thread.
There's no need for a second one.

>Ring circuits can be used to save wire in a house.
Electrician here, that's not why we use ring circuits. They use more wire than a raidal.

The rest is true though.

>have a 250 word essay due by friday
>haven't even started
>just reading these dumb british plugs posts
help

So are the fuses. I forget what it was exactly, but there was some problem that was difficult and expensive to solve back in the day when they designed it, so they just threw their hands up and decided to force EVERYBODY ELSE to put fuses into the plug and called it a valid solution.

They're overly expensive and anyone who gets killed on an American plug is just a casualty of natural selection.

>250 words
Seriously?

Fuses protect the connected appliance, not the circuit.
They were handy when circuit breakers were fucking garbage and people used to jam foil or other metal implements in to "repair" them when they broke.

Circuit breakers don't protect single appliances.
They need to allow enough current for several devices, more than enough to fry a lot of devices.

Too bad one of your water lines is fucking garbage in older installations.

>this fucking thread
let's just summarise the next 500 posts

UK plugs are overengineered as fuck
US plugs are fucking garbage
I prefer x plugs because i live in x

dont forget to sage

IEC 60906-1 are objectively the best plugs.

My country doesn't use them.

>can't be plugged in upside down
how embarassing

That's a feature.

SchuKo plugs are more comfortable.

Why are Americans scared of our big plugs lad?

Attached: 1522641457213.png (779x580, 25K)

>Polorised plug that can only put inserted one way.
Then donĀ“t cry about pic related

also sage

Attached: usb.jpg (400x344, 21K)

Fuses protect the fucking circuit. At work, because the landlord is fucking shonky we had what was supposed to be a circuit only for lighting have way more stuff attached to it and drawing considerably more current through the circuit than it was rated for, and with no fuse on it. It's a minor miracle the circuit merely failed requiring most of it to be replaced and didn't set fire to the building. Had there been a fuse on it, the fuse would have just blown and there'd have been no damage.

A fuse might protect appliances against voltage surges, and could possibly be the primary reason for fuses in plugs on UK appliances, but a fuse on the circuit is there to protect the circuit more than any appliances on it.

False equivalence. Tell me why you are Jelly of our BIG plugs with all of it's features.

Attached: 1514230034725.webm (1280x720, 2.71M)

>250 word essay
250 words is a short statement. This may be worrisome for a 2nd grader.

The ring circuit naturally carries a heck of a lot of current since it (originally and still often) is the only circuit in a house. So the single fuse at the CDU has to be 30A. Problem is some common electrical equipment will catch fire before tripping a 30A fuse. UK had no choice but to retain the 30A CDU fuses or re-wire many houses. Remediated the problem with plug fuses. New stuff is required radial standard but its not going away.

>Shitpost more than 250 in an hour
>Can't finish a 250 word assignment

Except that they're fucking massive bricks

He is probably 14 or something.

>IEC 60906-1
i live in switzerland, and those plugs are garbage, pins bend easily, no standard of the socket being flat or recessed, power bricks often block 2 or 3 sockets, some 2 pin versions work in EU sockets, some dont, no set standard for that.

>needing an extra pin for ground

Attached: 1473144604299.jpg (613x1024, 92K)

>tfw you can stick anything in the ground to open up the shutters
Schuko is the best and that's a fact.

The Swiss plugs are a bit different and have weaker prongs.

ah, are those the hue ones?

I think the BR plugs are a bit different too.

They're great until you step on one

After living in both Switzerland and UK I prefer the Swiss ones, because they're compact and have a far saner resting position that won't stab you

Schuko is superior.

The newer sockets require you to insert all 3 pins to open the socket