Why should I switch to Linux Jow Forums?

Why should I switch to Linux Jow Forums?

Attached: ubuntu_logo.jpg (400x400, 17K)

you shouldn't.
ree normies get out of my FOSS

because you're not retarded. if you are, then ignore this post

you shouldn't because windows is superior os

This, but unironically. The influx of normie users will seriously make information searching near impossible, because knowledgeable information in forums and wikis will be drowned out by retards who tell people to put their GPUs in the oven.

linux doesn't work

You shouldn't it's a shitty mess that randomly breaks by itself has no decent programs only pre-alpha crap with no GUI made by some teens in their free time

It has no good antiviruses or good firewalls the only firewalls it has are shit that only work by blocking ports leaving other ports wide open for attacks

and it has no way to protect yourself from keyloggers or a way to stop screenshot from being taken and you cant even log dns requests without installing a bloated crap such as bind9 and spending hours trying to make it work

Trust me it's not worth it

this
but once vulkan+steam becomes viable over directx, shits gunna hit the fan

windows doesn't work

To be cool kid like everyone else, and stop being a kike that use wanblows or worse Itoddler shit.

wintoddler shit is a million times worse than itoddler shit

computers don't work

You should if you like spending an entire afternoon trying to install a program

Honest opinion, I like it because it feels slick and concrete. Windows feels like an unorganized Garage in my oppinion, you will find the pieces you need but it's coming at a bit of discomfort. For me, linux feels like a neat toolbox where I have everything I need in seconds.

Why?

Attached: 1519681911093.png (207x243, 7K)

you do not choose ubuntu

>why
wintoddler spotted

That's only applies if you're using gentoo, and if your computer is shit.

Guys do we really need to have this discussion multiple times a day? Every day? Forever?

A sensible person would get tired and leave Jow Forums. Retards like us stay behind.

We deserve this punishment.

No, i just thought, that itoddler's we're hated more.

Because every GNU operating system needs a kernel.

Only by butthurt winfags who try to deflect.

>normies
>editing linux related wiki

Attached: 1523343473167.jpg (800x450, 65K)

Not so much editing, as generating billions of useless stuff that gets indexed by the search engine.

Have you ever tried looking up technical information for a Windows related issue? If it isn't on the MSDN or any other official Microsoft website, you can look forward spending literal hours sifting through results that are written by human garbage.

>t. butthurt wintoddler

Don't be autistic, just use whatever you like.

>Implying normies contribute.

Where did i say, i use Windows?

But that's my point, see Not him, but you're obviously triggered AF.

But don't old games need to be ported over to linux to work with vulkan?

What about drivers
Let's say you want to plug in your phone to your computer
Then you go like oh yeah that's right I forgot I'm using that pain in the ass linux

You guys are paranoid as fuck, i only asked, why he thinks, windows is worse the mac.

Better Update management - no frced updates, don't have to restart PC and waste half an hour installing them, transparency on what exactly you're updating.
Better method of getting software - from a trusted repository that ensures no malware, adware and blotware is installed. Also easier most if the time to find what you want.
Usually less resource intensive - depending on the desktop environment and distro, most Linux Distros should run better on older or less capable hardware.
Less or no botnet - almost all Linux distros never breach your privacy (like Windows 10 does) and even if they do it's very minor (see Ubuntu Hardware polls) and you can opt out and disable it. Since the code is open source, you can guarantee that the software you use is not botnet.
Customizability - must if you are an autismo. UI can be changed to fit your needs, or just make minor changes to the default.
It's free - both in price and philosophy. You can get most distros for free and can share, edit and play with the releases all you want. Don't have to deal with licensing and other bullcrap.
If configured right, Linux distros can be more stable than Windows for daily use - less crashes, BSODs etc.
The kernel comes with most drivers you need already, so for many people the OD will "Just werk" out if the box.

I'm not him, so I don't know why he thinks that. Personally, I think so because macOS is POSIX and works very similar to FreeBSD. Which is probably also why a large number of FreeBSD devs actually use macs.

Works with my phone, that has almost broken usb cable.

Mac makes everything automatically full screen and doesn't have a start button.
Macs are also a pain in the ass.

That's what i wanted to hear, and not a meme response.

you don't have to if you're happy with what you're using

>macs suck because they don't have a start button
>not a meme response

Attached: bait-hand.jpg (625x626, 33K)

louis you have to go back

you really shouldn't, if you have to ask

Macs also didn't have a GUI until they copied one from Microsoft.

Depends, do you play eroge?

Other user, was so lost in memes, he thought I was using windows.

>but what about this other guy
Classic response.

What?

Because there's nothing more fun than recompiling the kernel every time you buy the latest hardware.
Haha, just kidding. There are no drivers available, and won't be for another 10 years.

This. Even Ubuntu is fully customizable if you use Ubuntu Tweaks.

>normies
Get out

Nigger that's the pleb filter