Best OS for gaming and programming

What is the best OS for gaming and programming? I like to do both and i figured i would want an OS that provides quality in both regards

Attached: 1516816298445.jpg (283x314, 26K)

Windows Vista

Win10 is de-facto the most versatile development platform.
It is also the most relevant gaming platform.

Thread\

Probably osx really.

That said I run Linux on all my machines.

w10 + VM

For real Vista is mad underrated

>win10
There are people who want to use their pc for the internet

Non-free options obviously don't count. Only idiots would use a proprietary OS.

Windows for muh gaymz and Linux for development. You need to make compromises.

And how does Win10 stop you from doing so?
Nice one, kiddo! Don't forget to finish your homework, though.

By spying on me

>t. retard

t. didn't install LTBS windows
don't blame MS, blame yourself.

>implying you can disable anything completely in proprietary shit
try harder
meme

>t. double-retard

>t. cia nigger

>t. triple-retard

>t. fbi nigger

Run an established Ubuntu flavour as main os and dev platform.
You should get a lot of games working with PlayOnLinux (Wine).
For bleeding edge games and those wine doesn't work keep a windows 10 install on a second drive an pick in bios what drive to boot from.
That will give you max compatibility with max freedom while meeting your needs.

Attached: anal.jpg (1653x1652, 499K)

>t. quadruple-retard

>t. nsa nigger

>t. quintuple-retard

Win 7 or Win 10 ltsb

>t. kgb nigger

>t. sextuple-retard

>Win10 is de-facto the most versatile development platform.
what?

>t. pdf nigger

Windows 7

Arch, Antergos, and Manjaro are all wonderful for gaming and programming. I've used all three for both so AMA.

>t. septuple retard

playstation 4 dev box with all the tools

macOS, unironically. Everything just works.

>t. exe nigger

which one gives you least troubles?
not OP

>what?
What "what"? Win10 allows you to develop for .NET natively, which is bigger than the Apple's side of the deal. It also allows you to develop for Linux (and while using Linux-exclusive tools) natively without resorting to VMs or being its own while similar thing like macOS.

t. octuple-retard.

>Windows
>can develop software for Windows and Linux only
>macOS
>can develop software for Windows, Linux and macOS

which one's the winner here?

Ok thats nice Mark

What's so bad about Win10 after disabling all the shit that tracks you?

Serious question.

Attached: 1516045087689.png (600x812, 374K)

macOS can only develop software for Windows via VM - you can easily do the same in reverse on Windows.
macOS can't develop directly for Linux without resorting to VMs, because macOS isn't Linux. Meanwhile, Windows can develop for Linux directly without any VM involved.

Essentially, you have no idea what you're talking about. Meanwhile, I use all three for development.

>t. nonuple-retard

Ok thats nice Mark

Irrelevant. VM is a small price to pay for development on all three platforms.
You can squirm around the truth all you want, but the bottom line is this:
FACT: you can't develop for every platform on Windows.
FACT: you can develop for every platform on Mac.

>inb4 le "u have no idea what ur talking about" meme

Funny enough, Arch! But that might just be my luck. I've really tuned it to my liking while leaving Antergos and Manjaro as-is.
Of the three, I think Antergos is the best introduction to the Arch ecosystem, Manjaro is the prettiest, and Arch itself is the most powerful.
Tell me more about your wants and needs if you want more detail.

depends on which games you play and what systems you develop for

>FACT: I didn't read what you've said
Retard, I believe, I just told you Windows can develop for everything you've listed under macOS.
VM means you're using a different platform, not the OS itself. If we're including VMs - any OS can essentially develop for any other OS bar some extremely low-level bullshit. Which is obviously as true for Windows as it is for macOS.
What is not true for macOS, however, is the fact Windows supports way more development options than macOS natively - without having to allocate extra resources for VM.
Not to mention, Windows also supports native development, building, and testing for iOS - which is like 80% of macOS-related development; and allows macOS-compatible development too.
"You have no idea what you're talking about" is not a meme - it's a fact. Because you don't.

>"You have no idea what you're talking about" is not a meme - it's a fact. Because you don't.
holy fuck are you this dense.
YOU CANNOT DEVELOP FOR MACOS ON WINDOWS. YOU CAN NOT. IT'S IMPOSSIBLE.

You've lost the battle of autism, decuple-retard.

Prove it to me. Give me a tool that lets me write code on Windows and get a legit macOS/iOS executable out

Manchildren thread

>"I-I h-have n-no proves, s-so YOU m-must p-prove it!"
Fucking VM, you retard. Or do you really think you can't run macOS on VM? Surprise, degenerate, you can.
Not to mention, there are libraries and tools for developing for Cocoa framework on Windows and Linux (meaning, Windows again) - both Objective-C and Swift.
iOS applications can be written entirely in Xamarin.
Not to mention the whole cross-platform development.
Now you prove your shitty retarded position, you autistic fuck.

Windows 95.

>deletes all his posts
Now That's what I call Backpedaling™
You can't develop for macOS on Windows. Period.

Windows 7 is better than Windows 10 for games. Windows 10 is a bit faster, sure, but it doesn't add any increased compatibility. Whereas Windows 7 is compatible with some older games that Windows 10 is not. I don't know much about Windows 8 or Windows 8.1. They might be better than Windows 7. I don't know.

>No proofs
Thought so.

Just dual boot windows and a linux distro of your choice

Windows Embedded 7

what do i need to prove? How can I show you something that doesn't exist?

Go on, show me Xamarin does not exist.
How fucking retarded can you possibly be?

>With a C#-shared codebase, developers can use Xamarin tools to write native Android, iOS, and Windows apps
>Android, iOS, and Windows apps
>Android apps
>iOS apps
>Windows apps
t. wikipedia

where's macOS? that's right

>where's macOS?
>get a legit macOS/iOS executable out
>iOS
Moving goalposts, I see?
Now, go on, show me GNUstep does not exist.
Also, show me how's it "impossible" to run macOS on a VM.

Honestly, user, you're probably the first legitimately clinically retarded person I've engaged in a prolonged conversation with. You are genuinely incapable of processing information - I'm just repeating myself at this point.

>Moving goalposts, I see?
>macOS
>macOS
>macOS
i always asked for macOS

You can't run macOS on a VM, even if you could, you're violating the EULA.

>GNUSTEP
>GNUstep can, currently, allow you to build applications on GNU/Linux, Windows, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, Solaris and any POSIX compliant UNIX based operating system.
no macOS

Are you fucking retarded? Oh wait. Read what GNUstep is, you literal autist.

I did. Their site literally says that
>GNUstep can, currently, allow you to build applications on GNU/Linux, Windows, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, Solaris and any POSIX compliant UNIX based operating system.

"on", you literal retard. Now read what it is, and you'll understand why macOS isn't on the list.
Holy shit, how can an actual person be so incapable of processing simple information?

you
can't
develop
macOS
software
on
Windows
PERIOD

Ubuntu the brilliant.

Kek. Well if that makes you sleep better, GNUstep, VMs, and other solutions do not exist.
Good night, applefaggot, I hope your autism and illiteracy won't ruin your life! ^;)

>GNUstep
can't
>VMs
can't
>and other solutions
"and other solutions"

>can't
But it can. It exists for that purpose.
Keep lying to yourself, though, user. Everything to make you feel better!

can't

Gentoo with VFIO passthrough

Keep repeating yourself user! If you repeat your fantasies long enough, who knows - it might come true one day! Look, it's already a real as the credibility of your argumentation. Oh, wait.

you can not develop software for macOS on Windows. Why is it so hard for you to grasp this?
Oh, that's right. You have no idea what you're talking about.

>What's so bad about Win10 after disabling all the shit that tracks you?
1) You can't disable 100% of back doors . They still track you
2) It's the heaviest OS.
3) Fucking slow& annoying Updates
4) Vulnerable to Malwares

But you can, user! Read what GNUstep is.

>gaming
well then you need some flavour of Windows. 10 you're fine with being fucked by forced updates and restarts, otherwise 8.1. then there's also what said to consider, if that's a potential issue for you.

now if you have a CPU that supports VT-d or AMD-V, you have the option to go the GPU passthrough route. then you can have a Loonix (and maybe even macOS, idk) run a VM, so your main OS would use your i-GPU and your Windows VM would use the dedicated GPU. this option is great presuming you have, or are willing to acquire, the hardware for it and are willing to spare an hour or two making it work. there used to be an infographic around, maybe someone can post a recent version of it.

Nice DirectX 12 support there.

How can it be heavier, than 7, if it was made for phones?

I read what GNUstep is and it can't do it

I don't know anything about VMs. Does Raven Ridge support AMD-V or AMD-Vi or whatever and how essential is it to be able to run a VM with GPU passthrough? Will Ryzen 5 2400G do that just fine?

You can boot win10 from a thumbdrive?

windows 8.1 embedded industry pro

You didn't and it sure can.

can't

Keep saying that, user! ;)

>turn the pc because you have something urgent to do
>installing updates wait while we finish :^)
>1 hour later and it's stll updating

;) you can't

lies and denial are not an argument, darling ^;)

dual boot bitches

Yeah, but OP is an idiot because they're posting on Jow Forums in the first place, so non-free operating systems are the only options.

lies and denial are not an argument, sweetia ;)

Windows desktop programs.
UWP
Android dev
Gaming dev
Linux bash
Built-in VM to run Linux
Directx dev
All major browsers supported
Visual Studio
Java and Java IDEs
Virtually all languages/platforms have some level (or preference) of ability to code/compile/run on Windows 10

So basically, unless OP is using some super niche/stupid programming language/platform (i.e., anything MacOS or iOS related), yeah, Windows 10 is the most versatile OS for programming.

Win7 service pack 1 with disabled updates. You can game and code anything on it. Coding C is harder to do than on Linux, though, but the gaming side of Linux is obviously pretty lacking.

>anything MacOS or iOS related
iOS applications can be developed and released from scratch on Xamarin
macOS is less straightforward, but there are Cocoa-compatible frameworks (GNUstep is one of them) available on Windows and Linux which allow developing of fully macOS-compatible applications.
There's also .Net core, Java, and whatever else is cross-platform and natively supported by macOS.
Funnily enough, there are even legal (albeit redundant) ways of running macOS on a Windows-based VM if someone cares about legality for some reason.
>Built-in VM to run Linux
WSL is not a VM.

Linux + Windows in a VM with GPU passthrough

Ganoo/Linucks with GPU passthrough

GNU

>OS X for gaming
No

I was referring to Hyper-V, not WSL, sorry.

Thanks for info regarding mac dev.