Using photoshop

>using photoshop
>computer bluescreens
>reload it and all my layers are missing even though the file is close to 400mb still
>just a black background
>had close to 300 layers of work

Is there a way to at least extract the layers out of this or am i fucked with no chance or retrieval?

Attached: corrupted.jpg (833x425, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theregister.co.uk/2009/04/30/xee_photoshop_psd_code_rant/
feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/file_missing_all_layers_folders_black_background_only_when_opened
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no idea but next time save often and consider smart objects

and people say the gimp is shit.

It doesnt help that I can't open the temp files either.

I tried reassigning the file type from tmp to psd.

Still can't open the goddamn file.

I tried opening it with gimp and nothing.

Attached: temp files.png (325x112, 5K)

>300 layers

nibba what were you even doing?

Attached: 1508836405117.jpg (416x480, 25K)

They're not 300 layers of one thing. I keep multiple projects in the same file.

Finished projects, in groups.

I know its a bad idea.

Attached: 1397274003342.jpg (442x486, 28K)

All i'm looking for is for salvage at this point.

To be able to access the files at least. The file is still 359mb.

There has to be something there.

Attached: Untitled (10).png (500x500, 89K)

What version of Photoshop?

photoshop has auto-recovery

>I know its a bad idea.
Bad doesn't even begin to convey how absolutely fucking retarded this is.
Should have kept backups and used photoshop correctly.

If Krita and/or Honeyview can't open it then you're probably fucked.

CS5
I have some temp files in my appdata folder from 3 days ago but they come up with Pic related as the result

I cant access them, i feel like im missing something here.

Appreciate guessing

Attached: nm_a_001.jpg (408x528, 104K)

Save early, save often

I completely understand how much of a colossal mistake it was. I'll try Krita and honeyview.

I do, every session. [spoiler]Just got lazy and missed a backup, right when it mattered. I hate this.[/spoiler]

Attached: brush.png (250x250, 53K)

I dont get your post.

How much memory does your system have

Sounds like you're a retards.
Sorry, can't help you. Nobody can.

I just tried Krita and Honeyview. Still the same black screen. No layers at all to be salvaged.

Is this irredeemably fucked? Ive been making copies and troubleshooting for almost a day trying to fix this.

Attached: yamcha.png (233x249, 133K)

>using a format that has been considered complete shit since it's creation, by it's creators.
theregister.co.uk/2009/04/30/xee_photoshop_psd_code_rant/

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

16gbs of ram, it was a memory management bsod though.

Maybe, but salvaging is worth a try.

did you even read the shit you posted

fucking hell Jow Forums keeps getting worse and worse

>They're not 300 layers of one thing. I keep multiple projects in the same file.

AHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHHAHA

Can you open the file in hex and compare it to another psd in hex? Compare the headers to see if there corrupted.

Wauw... You win the stupid award and then some.

Just restore your backup from an hour ago and you're fine op. There can't be that much loss in that timespan

Attached: excellent.gif (500x500, 800K)

>complete retard asking Jow Forums for tech support on cancerware
lmao, just install gentoo

>using proprietary software

>WINDOWS crashes
>PHOTOSHOP document you were working with gets corrupted and SNAFU

I'll screenshot this thread and use it to remind "I need windows and PS to get job done" fuckwits everytime what they signed up to.

The Xee rant was written by -- get this -- the authors of Xee, not the authors of Photoshop.

The file is too big for me to open in the hex editor.

But there is definitely some corruption.

The temp files in pic related will not open. I keep getting No matter what.

I've tried changing the file type, but nothing helps.

Attached: temp.png (467x85, 4K)

Can you upload the file somewhere? I'll open in it in hex and CS6 to see if it will open.

a) Install Gentoo
b) GTFO

Choose wisely.

learn to disassemble psd files and get to work
not that your work is that important since you've been incredibly stupid about it

It's a long shot, but do you have Shadow Copy enabled by any chance?
Maybe give the EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard trial a chance. It looks shady as all fuck, as does all other PSD recovery software, but if you're desperate...

>"PSD is not a good format. PSD is not even a bad format. Calling it such would be an insult to other bad formats, such as PCX or JPEG. No, PSD is an abysmal format. Having worked on this code for several weeks now, my hate for PSD has grown to a raging fire that burns with the fierce passion of a million suns."

Tell your backup program to restore and be done with it?

Multiple finished projects in 1 file with no backup, stupid is an understatement.

Fuck, I know i've made myself look like a baboon, but I HAVE backups of it.

I just missed my last installment and I really REALLY just want the last 30 or so layers of it.

Disassembling psd files sounds like it might work.

Attached: 1472337372409.jpg (1280x960, 273K)

I've found somebody who went through this

feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/file_missing_all_layers_folders_black_background_only_when_opened

This was 5 years ago though. No solution to it as well.

>file being processed gets corrupted
>this is somehow photoshops fault
You're one retard freetard

>computer bluescreens
the absolute state of wincucks

> >this is somehow photoshops fault
It is, MS Word makes automatic backups and can restore a file even if it gets corrupted.

>They're not 300 layers of one thing. I keep multiple projects in the same file.
Gold

>cancerware overwriting files content instead of saving as temp and renaming once done successfully
>wangblows fault

why the fuck is this "tech support for wintard" thread even alive?

Restore from your previous backup, most cloud services allow you to restore a file from the many different versions you uploaded every time you change it.

obviously you didn't know it was a bad idea

Attached: hrpthh.png (403x448, 53K)

This is the most retarded thing that i have seen today. Why would you do that?

>computer bluescreens
what's this? is this a windows thing? bet it sucks. my mac doesn't have this problem :^)

>mfw

Attached: lue_face.png (621x477, 260K)

I GET THAT IT'S MORONIC TO DO WHAT I DID, ME DUMB, ME DRAIN BAMAGED

But does anyone have any more tips as to how I can fix this? I've been trying out some repair programs but they suck and some just want money for me to even save the file after the scan.

Extraction of the most recent layers is what I want. There has to be a way around this. The file is still there (in file size).

Attached: zui.png (366x307, 116K)

>Open cucked file in notepad++
>Make new file in photoshop
>Ooen new file in notepad++
>Slowly copy over contents of cucked file for 8 hours in the hopes that there is enough non-corrupted data left for any kind of recovery
Only thing I can think of right now. Next time, don't do what you did this time.

Unless you know the file format, you will just make a mess of random corrupted garbage. Especially do not edit binary data in a text mode, ew.

I don't know the PS file format. Its possible it saves chunks of images plainly in a way you can search for and extract. I've done something like that with .epub files. Which are just zip files which you can open up with a normal unzip tool and extract stuff from. I doubt it will be so simple with such an ancient proprietary format.

Probably your best bet is to search the file for JPEG and PNG headers that you can pull out. I think there are tools for doing this.

Yeah, manual/program extraction is what im looking for.

I'll be satisfied if I can save the most recent part of my work.

I'm trying out adobe assets, but i have to make an account for that.

I also saw that the file mostly consist of 0s in hex. I'm pretty sure that implies that most of it is not salvageable.

I'm going to keep trying when I wake up. I hope the thread is still alive by then.

Gnu Is My Pepper

try opening it with 7zip

given that you use photoshop and have to ask this question: you're fucked
if you were any competent you could probably extract it with some reverse engineering

0wnd like a n00b