Poor Navi

fudzilla.com/news/graphics/46038-amd-navi-is-not-a-high-end-card

Attached: PoorNavi.png (909x920, 196K)

of course navi will not be a high end chip, it will be mcm, like ryzen

Radeon is the ginger stepchild

MCM is dead, too complex and too expensive HBM2.

Small chip navi 7nm use GDDR6

>Not a gaming part
So a mining part.

>fugzilla
is he still supporting hilary with numerous articles?
Haven't visited the site for a year or so.

they still used the gcn arch in navi, right?
then the generation after navi will surely use mcm

>JUST WAIT

Yes,Just waiting over 2020...

What isn't a mining part nowadays.

Its not fair, 2018 is supposed to be our year

Attached: 1497878953615.jpg (552x661, 71K)

amd dropped high end GPU to redo it all. like they dropped high end CPU to build ryzen

though I doubt they will fix their GPU issue. in reality they need to open source all of their gpu shit for drivers, so they can get tons of free labor in the software department

So something that performs as well as a GTX 1080, but with better performance per watt due to 7nm?
That's fine by me, if the pricing is good. I'm still using a GTX 960.

>performance per watt
The 1080 is almost 2 years old

Attached: 1518090342450.png (653x726, 35K)

>GTX 1080 performance isn't high end
>GTX 1080 performance for mid-range prices would be bad

It's fun to see all the "PS5 ARE ABOUT TO BE RELEASED!!!!one" rumors, when AMD is clearly not ready yet.

> like they dropped high end CPU to build ryzen
TR exists and it's their high-end.

what? that has nothing to do with years ago when they dropped their high end to BUILD RYZEN

now having BUILT RYZEN that is in the past

dummy

That's it then.

Good
More room for Nvidia to be jewish
Less money for gayymurs to buy their manchild hardware
THANK YOU BASED AMD

There's nothing wrong with playing games on a computer.
But you don't need a high end videocard to play actually good games, as most can run well enough on a integrated video chip, with only AAA open world ubigame clones requiring something more powerful.

Yeah, but the specifically go out of their way to shit on the gamers by saying it's not for gaming.

OH NO NO NO

A 1070 is about the equivalent of a 980ti so a theoretical 2070 should be in the 1080ti range. Which means a 2060/680(Navi) should be around a 1080. Sounds high-end now sure, but when it comes out that power will no longer be considered high-end.

>I dont need high end video card anyway

Attached: 1468425051365.jpg (568x612, 52K)

Yes, my Geforce 9800gt is still serving me quite well.

Attached: welcome to 2009.jpg (674x532, 74K)

Are you retarded?

no, but looks like you are..

Polaris was really good. If AMD can release a GPU with improved efficiency and 1080-tier performance as a replacement for Polaris then it wouldn't be bad at all.

Seriously, not everyone buys only the GPU with the absolute highest performance, there's profit to be made in the mid-range too. AMD should really try to regain marketshare in that price segment, while they work on a new arch that can actually scale.

Also, it's good to make this clear before currytech and similar sites start overhyping it to death with their "rumors" like they did with Vega and Polaris. Don't get me wrong, Vega was a failure, but Polaris actually delivered what AMD claimed and you retards shitposted about it for a month because it wasn't what wccftech claimed it would be.

stfu already moron

You know that one guy who works for AMD does 99% of their open source driver development right? The community hardly contributes anything

Why didn't he bother making the proprietary drivers better?

>Polaris was really good. If AMD can release a GPU with improved efficiency and 1080-tier performance as a replacement for Polaris then it wouldn't be bad at all

Polaris was efficient like Maxwell, not even close than Pascal

Attached: power_average (1).png (500x810, 105K)

and if they open sourced all of their documentation they'd have more shit.
lots of shit is unknown

Those cards have way more raw compute power. Its all about driver support with NVIDIA.

I wasn't that other guy or disagreeing. I'm just pointing out that you type like a retard

Pascal is only efficient at stock clocks, overclock it and say bye to your efficiency, it's like reverse vega

Vega is Polaris?

Complete and utter bs. Pascal can be undervolted and oc'd too just like Vega. Prove that it scales worse, oh right you can't because amds fans are just as dishonest and prone to lying as the company

AMD is worst...

Might mean we could hope for AMD to become a contender in laptop graphics like we have been hoping for yet continually disappointed since the first APU.

Too bad NoVideo released desktop level laptop gpus already.

3D Die stacking and EMIB 2.0 in the works.

Ignoring previous posts.

I'm content with this. How would Radeon be able to outperform Nvidia after the latest years of events? Poor results, several extreme reforms and reconstructions, head engineer replacements and so on and forth.

As an engineer (not chip designer at all thou) myself, i would actually be quiet impressed if they pull of a 1080 performing middle tier GPU with a conservative power consumption. I would buy that.

Glad I got a 1080 cheap
Amd GPUs have been garbage since 2014 with the exception of Polaris when it was cheap

Anything that poo in loo raja touched will be gutted hence why we have nothing going forward until 2020

T. Ryzen 1600x owner

Of course it's not high end. They test the 7nm process with a smaller chip en when yields are better they start producing bigger chips.

Uhuh
Yet NVIDIA release their high end stuff first since the GTX 480

They do not. They release the 104 part first, 102 follows later. That being said, nvidia is a lot quicker with this.

Because they know what their doing?
Amd have been running around with their heads on fire since 2012 gcn is dogshit for gaming and scales terribly

My 1080 draws 398 at 2000mhz

>>F.U.D.zilla

The spec for pcie is 75w from the slot, 75w from 6pin, and 150w from 8 pin. You're full of shit, post the hwinfo or another hw monitor showing 400w. Your house should've burned down

295x2 was a 500W card, running out of spec. Most PSUs and motherboards can handle it just fine.

here's something funny about electricity:
IT DOESNT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT YOUR FUCKING SPECS, WHICH ARE UNDERDESIGNED ON PURPOSE FOR CHEAP SHITTERS THAT CAN'T INTO ELECTRICAL DESIGN

This, really.

How do they measure this? I have rx480 and while gaming, everything plugged in: computer, monitor, gpu, lamp, amp, other peripherals draws around 160W, when I'm not gaming it's around 60-70W

Well the pins and cables can't which is why there was an epidemic of 295x2s melting cables and pcie plugs. Wonder why dual cards are dead? They had a list of approved psus with overdesigned cables using higher end Molex connectors rated for 23A for exactly that reason and even then people were reporting melting connectors

Yes it does you fucking child. Overloading wires and connectors are 100% the cause of electrical fires.

>mcm is dead

Attached: 1501032598329.png (1172x1416, 3.16M)

I think he means amd gcn MCM is dead

>general purpose unit
it's called a GPGPU dumbasses

Sounds great though.

Hopefully, HOPEFULLY getting a 1080 at $200 sounds great

Overloading wires and connectors should activate the fail safe and shut down. Even the shittiest house here in Brazil have this. I believe that a long long time ago even the crappiest psu had fail safe measures against overload.

Attached: DISJUNTOR+01.jpg (683x1181, 353K)

The whole point of Navi is that there isn't a monolithic high end chip. It will be like 10 years ago when ALL high end GPUs had two GPU dies. Only now they fixed the software issues by making the two dies behave like a single GPU.

Attached: 1504815360173.jpg (600x800, 52K)

that's because they opensourced their linux driver, which literally noone cares about
they should opensource the windows driver

>2070
you mean 1170

>they should opensource the windows driver
Even less people would care about this. They opened sourced their vulkan driver, which is cross platform.

I care and after I get my Blizzard games to work in Linux I'm switching.

>amd changes the name of what was navi before to something else

MCM IS DEAD

>Navi

Attached: lain_gun_in_mouth.jpg (1920x1080, 158K)

>mfw got Vega 56 for a lot less than a 1080
>mfw it performs as well as a stock 1080 (with some tweaked settings)
>mfw it uses only slightly more power than a 1080 (currently 820mV @ 1480Mhz) on a reasonably quiet fan curve.

Attached: 1454538826026.gif (354x354, 620K)

Just ran this test. Not nearly as high as the custom overclocked 1080's obviously.

Attached: Result_-_2018-04-12_18.33.27.png (980x909, 82K)

Navi as a single die will be around as powerful as a 580, but literally every "navi" gpu that is higher end than midrange (1060, 580) will have 2-4 gpus on one substrate

matching a 2ghz 1080 for a vega 56 is pretty good, same those cards are always way above msrp

Anyways MCM will be useless until ram tech catches up. hbm yields are shit and ddr is shit

HBM yeilds are fine its just that HBM is just more costly to make and is only for high end, not that navi cant use gddr6 for lower end models

>Navi comes out
>Then Naviripper does
>Nvidia is over

>Yes it does you fucking child. Overloading wires and connectors are 100% the cause of electrical fires.
don't buy cheap components then.

DELET

Attached: 1492573533249.jpg (796x805, 159K)

>Bittches dont know about my margin of safety

If a shelf says MAX LOAD 300kg i bet my dick it wont crash until 330.
And the food doesnt spoil on the very next day after best until.

Everything is about 10-15% stronger than is declared to be for the margin of safety.

>GTX 400 series
>the definition of a housefire
>hd5000 was highly competitive
>nvidia still outsold
>GTX 500 series
>still hot, still shit, but at least better than 400
>hd6000 was very good
>nvidia still outsold
>GTX 600 series
>a new era of jewery featuring titan and a tiny 680 die
>hd7000 was out earlier and gave nvidia a hard time
>nvidia still outsold by a lot
>gtx 700 series
>780 was actually slower than 290x
>gaymurs went crazy on nvidia
>900 series
>actually good
>amd was running out of money, so they had to rebrand their 200 series
>their only new gpu was late and didn't live up to expectation, likely due to insufficient funds
>at least there was a X80Ti alternative
>nvidia had record sales despite the 3.5GB dissaster
>1000 series
>even more jewery
>amd had even less money and had to skip GTX X70+ gpus completely until their new arch arrives
>nvidia heavily outsold amd despite the rx400 series being very good
>GTX1060 literally sold 30 more units than rx480
>VEGA
>heavily delayed
>missed expectations by a mile
>absolutely no alternative to X80Ti gpus
>even worse than fury
>likely due to a lack of funds again
>RX500X
>zero new gpus
>zero improvements
>no new amd gpu until 2019
>new tech is sold to intel/apple/datacenters
>undoubtedly due to a lack of funds
>NAVI
>will skip high end too
>situation will only get worse and worse
>no money for competitive gaming gpus anymore
>nvidias jewery will drive prices up even more
>gaming becomes too expensive for the mainstream

Everything is going according to plan
It can not be stopped anymore
Gaming will die by 2020
Screencap this

Attached: Untitled.png (966x983, 173K)

>becomes too expensive
Fucking sperg.
You know you can play with a 560 and a Celeron CPU.
There are settings other than Ultra.
Nobody says
>Oh fuck my old 980 doesnt handle this game ultra @ 60 sao fuck it I cant play games WAAH THE GAMING IS DEAD

>Gaming will die by 2020

I seriously hope gaming on pc dies. It has literally become a meme. I'm sick with the "gaymer" pc parts. You can't buy a good motherboard unless it has gamer name and rgb shit.

>you can play the newest GameWorks game at acceptable framerates on a 560 and a Celeron CPU
no you fucking can't
>Nobody says
>>Oh fuck my old 980 doesnt handle this game ultra @ 60 sao fuck it I cant play games WAAH THE GAMING IS DEAD
gamers will will be forced to upgrade once nvidia pushes things like their new raytracing technology on games
their only choice will be hillariously overpriced nvidia gpus because amd can't keep up anymore
>tfw gaming will die in your lifetime
can't fucking wait

Another POO from AMD

Attached: 1516824803264.png (1971x697, 47K)

AMD was cheaper in every price segment too
just goes to show having money to market/advertise is incredibly effective.
gotta love propaganda/misinformation campaigns
amirite?
so much this

Attached: 1514937277489.jpg (626x657, 81K)

>poor volta

>>hd5000 was highly competitive
>>nvidia still outsold
No they didn't. AMD fanboys are like delusional SJWs who think everyone's out to get them, eternal victims. ATI was growing back marketshare against an already established market. It was impossible to go from ~34% marketshare with HD2k and 3K series to ~45% marketshare during HD4k and 5k era without ATI vastly outselling Nvidia during that period.

>>amd was running out of money, so they had to rebrand their 200 series
They were running out of money because AMD went full retard with their CPUs. Phenom I was shit, Phenom II was slightly less shit but shit compared to Nehalem which was a monster when it came out. Bulldozer was shit and every single derivative was shit. They pilfered ATI/AMD graphics to prop up a failing CPU business. It had nothing to do with poor sales or Nvidia mindshare.

every price segment but the 7970, that was 50$ more at launch.

>fudzilla
maybe you should fuck off with kebab and nigger run sites

>>GTX1060 literally sold 30 more units than rx480

FUCK THIS SHIT JESUS CHRIST

you know what really rusted my gimmies back in time. the fucking 750ti. that fucking meme card. the absolute definition of meme. the 7850 was shitting on it while being cheaper. yet, yet fucking dumbasses gaymer retards went for it form the then nvidia buzzword: power efficiency

just fuck them

>Gaming will die by 2020

ABOUT FUCKING TIME. playing on pc is a complete fucking joke, cmon.

With God of War getting 10/10 reviews I am seriously considering just getting a PS4 since it gets all the best exclusives. PC has lots of games and piracy but it's always too much work to get running nicely.

amdrones victim complex combined with constant mental breakdowns are hilarious

The damage that pajit did to the Radeon group should get him assassinated.

>on par with a 1080
>I have a 1070 with a 2k freesync monitor
might have to get AMD for the first time in decades

You can add that AMD decided to jew customers with 5850 price and nvidia crushed them with gtx460.

he works for Intel now. he has become the untouchable

>Gaming will die by 2020
You wish, but the truth is that most people don't play on PC for high performance, but availability and lower prices.

AYYMD REBRANDEON HOUSEFIRES

PERFORMANCE THAT EVERYONE HAD BACK IN 2016, AYYMDPOORFAGS GET IN 2019, TOP KEK

>proprietary closed down black box

No one is untouchable. Especially when they have to try and explain why their AI development kits have such a monstrous TDP and Tensor throughput than Nvidia and AMD.