Is this genius or stupidity?

Is this genius or stupidity?

Attached: DagiUhuXkAExCKo.jpg (647x1024, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=ti 30xs&client=firefox-b-1-ab&source=lnms&tbm=shop&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwickKCl8rXaAhUEON8KHebxCgwQ_AUICigB&biw=1440&bih=796#spd=17394754341032322351
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

they died after lacerating their fingertip and lost too much blood to support their human disguise so they exploded into a cloud of maggots and stirges

Stupidity

You cant cheat at a job

Tell that to Trump.

you realize jobs train you for like 90% of what you need to know

t. never had a job

Yes you can. If you can pass the test by googling shit you need, then you can do the work as well. Nobody will tell you to put your phone or computer away at work.

What happens if they check the calculator?

Community colleges where I live are so paranoid, they even turn the calculators on and check for about 15-20 minutes before any tests.

Apparently, TI-89 disguised as TI-84 is a really popular thing.

I used a TI-89 on most of my calculus tests because I didn't read that they were banned until the final, but they never bothered checking. Either way, math classes should just ban calculators completely. The only classes that are justifiable are classes where you're being tested on the methods rather than the numbers.

Being tested on numbers is the worst.

The pressure always gets to me and I tend to make stupid mistakes like copy a given number wrong.

Why were TI-89 banned? I was grand with my TI Voyage 200.

you can program stuff and put pdf in a ti-89
but it's very recent

Well you can program the Voyage 200 also

Here in France, graph calculators must be required with an exam mode that blocks access to programs for the duration of the exam.

How do you enable/disable this mode?

Yeah, except when they don't and stick you in customer-facing senior consultant position straight out of uni with no backup or someone to ask.

That's what happened to me. A real painful year.

So, they ban programming because, uh, you should do shit by hand instead of implementing it?

Fucking hell. That's gotta be a nigger or an American. We used pic related and our 'tests' were simply designed with the assumption that we'd have every formula and relevant information already saved somewhere.

Attached: 92-big.gif (606x361, 162K)

You should learn how to do it by hand, yes.

She posted the fact she's cheating to the whole world. And that's a very shitty job.

iktf
Had a stressful 3 months getting hired at a fairly large firm straight out of lawschool.

>Absolutely mutilate calculator case
>Expects that nobody notices

wtf in my commy college, I can't use any calculator for the tests. not even the 4 function ones.

this makes me do the want

trump doesn't have to cheat because he is richenough to not have to participate at the test

he's rich enough to afford a pocket asian.

Oooh didn't even know those existed.. imagine all the fun games you could make with so much buttons

You enable it through a small hole in the bottom of the calculator with the tip of a pen. You disable it the same way but they play the Dukes of Hazzard theme song when you disable it so the professor knows.

i don't get it. easier to just buy a CAS calculator. having a phone is just going to consume time.

why? that's retarded.

>when you didn't put all your skill points into Bullshitting
Feel bad for you, son, lying is the first rule of the Corporate world

The fuck? I didn't even get a calculator for any of my calc or linear algebra classes.

The one I had back in the day could do symbolic integration and differential equations. That and the massive programming capabilities make it too easy for certain classes. Of course, this being TI, the newer model is probably identical to the one I had 15 years ago, except with Bluetooth or something.

God damn, that's pretty fuckin cool.

At my school at least, there are some weirdly specific rules, like your calculator can't have a qwerty keyboard. Although I distinctly remember the SATs not caring if you had programs on your calculator going in. But most of the math is just conceptual anyway, so you'd need to have a decent amount of notes in there for it to be worth bothering.

You can program on a TI-84 as well, but I can see PDF being an issue.

I remember having a math test once and they banned calculators for that test for some reason even though in prev tests the calculators were allowed. And then when i was doing that shit by hand i realized that i don't remember how to do a long divison anymore and was fucked. Fun times.

if your math exam needs calculators, it's a useless class to begin with

At this point it would be better to buy a tiny camera and inear bluetooth bud and then just pay some chinese guy to calculate the answers for you during the test

This honestly..
I've taken up to Calculus 3 and in any of my higher level math classes I've never been allowed a calculator ... That being said in Physics (Only up to Electro-magnetism calc based shit) We could have calculators

Funny thing though, When I took my stats class we were allowed calculators and I have a Ti Nspire cx cas or w/e the colored backlit one is called and those fuckers just have a straight up spreadsheet function .. EZ A but felt like it was unfair.

>You can program on a TI-84 as well, but I can see PDF being an issue.
Ti-83 too and all of them could display arbitrary text too

The pdf is what does it.. The TI 83 could even program on it .. In highschool everyone wanted me to program the quadratic formula on their calculator
> And now a days in college, in any physics class everyone wants me to program various physics equations into their calculator
Honestly this though .. Any function you need a phone for will be on a calculator. Only time I can see a phone being useful is for like 'oh fuck what is the equation for electron drift speed' .. but on any basic graphing calculator you can store that somewhere. Fucking normies don't into tech I'll tell ya

I cheated on my college finals by using a slick calculator app on my iPod Touch that I had up my sleeve. I had already saved a bunch of formulas and functions so for any problem, I’d just pull the template out and put the numbers in the variable slots and have my answer in seconds. Fuck spending 2 1/2 out of three hours doing bitchwork. I was the first person out of the room and got a perfect score.

I used an iPhone 3G as a calculator during exams. The professor was really old and believed me when I said it was a digital calculator.

Oh and I didn't cheat because I'm not a little bitch.

Not too sure as I'm not at school anymore but I think there's some kind of password that only the teacher knows.

Lemme guess, white, able-bodied, straight-passing male?

We only allowed to use this calc during tests. No TI & graphing calculators.

Attached: download.jpg (720x600, 57K)

In my discrete math class we were only allowed a basic 4 function calculator

>inb4 testing room is a Faraday cage

Almost nothing was allowed on our person in our testing centers. Lockers were provided for extraneous effects. We were issued calculators when one was needed. Test proctors could see views from the ceiling on thier PC screens at the head of the room. Pretty simple Shaniqua-proofing. But underachieving schools obviously want to pad their scores.

Attached: 1455771041168.jpg (800x741, 233K)

>le trump is bad even though the economy is flourishing and the stock market is reaching highs we haven't seen in decades
Kill yourself kiddo

That's racist!

while that is stupid, if you're resourceful enough to pass a test, you earn the paper.

You enable it by pressing simultaneously 3 buttons, and you disable it by sharing a program with a PC or another calculator

lmao my networking class's tests are open note and open internet, because my teacher says "these resources are available to you in the real world". the tests focus more on application rather than definitions, and theres a strict time limit so if you dont know your shit beforehand then youre fucked either way. i think its a great system

in my electromagnetics fields and waves class we were allowed open books open notes and any calculator because none of this stuff would magically enable you to pass the exam if you didn't actually know what the fuck you were doing.

>destroying a TI-30XS

Yeah bretty stupid alright

>you can't use a calculator, notes, or ask a college for help at a job

Attached: 1473904892658.jpg (1106x1012, 362K)

Past 4th grade or so (or whatever your country calls age 9) you have basic arithmetic down. Sure it makes sense to practice this a while, like through algebra. But by the time you're in advanced calculus, it's a given.

It really blows when you've solved a complicated problem entirely right, but got the wrong answer because you brain farted on a long division.

If they're going to require manual arithmetic, each problem will take longer because you're wasting a lot of time on mechanical tedium, not course material. So the tests have to be shorter and each problem counts for more, making that elementary fuckup cost more.

I'd like to see you do roots and logs manually without a calculator. I would assume no slide rule either since that's in the same spirit.

Pretty sure your boss would far rather you use a calculator or Excel for arithmetic rather than wasting company time and introducing more risk of error.

Instead of doing all of this shit, you can just, I dunno. Study?

Attached: AnimePepe.gif (300x300, 1.28M)

Or you can buy pic related and literally put pictures on it without fear of losing it from rom. I have it and literally play Mario on it when I get bored.

Attached: Screenshot_20180412-173804.png (1080x1920, 638K)

The only thing you're cheating is to yourself.

For my first year calc 1 class, we had to use this exact calculator. Using a non-programmable calculator is understandable and all, considering anything worth their salt can do derivatives and integrals, but this thing...
>The locations of sin/cos/tan

Attached: calculator.jpg (494x799, 70K)

why do people equivocate classrooms with employment when they are very obviously not the same thing? are they just salty that others cheated and earned the same degree as they did? college courses aren't meant to prep you for the real world or employment, they're meant to prepare you for more academics and a lifetime of research

That's because you went to a good school.

>straight-passing
kek

This is true in my experience. Any non-shit school will make you do math courses with no calculator, since it's mostly whole numbers anyways.

So "good" schools emphasize mechanical tedium over abstract concepts? Gotcha.

glad my school lets me use a calculator... otherwise I would need to remember the unit circle

Attached: 1486613122301.jpg (1000x800, 40K)

>his math class allows calculators

Attached: 1508244980060.png (645x730, 27K)

No, it's the opposite. You rarely deal with whole numbers, or even numbers at all, in abstract classes. Any numbers you do deal with are simple computations. If a calculator is required, it's a plug and chug babby class.

The few times I was allowed to bring calculators to exam I ended up only using it for large number multiplication/division.

>tfw there haven't been numbers in my engineering classes since undergrad
feels good

I think employers also want a shred of integrity though.

In my Calculus classes we had calculator and non-calculator portions of each test/exam. That being said, showing our work was always a requirement in order to get full credit.

sorry not everybody is in elementary school math

Can confirm

>still not remembering unit circle this late

Attached: 1523547430157.png (512x548, 181K)

She could try actually paying attention in class, doing the homework, and studying for exams.

I disagree, you should always be given a calculator since it's a trivial tool for a mathematician. If a calculator is actually relevant, you're not doing serious math anyway.

wait how?

worst part is this is the kind of person that will gallivant around after graduation "I'm college educated! Everybody look at my college degree! Yeah that's right I went to COLLEGE"

I think he means in math classes only, in physics you sometime still need to use proper numbers. I don't use any calculator in my engineering school either

>studying
lol brainlet

literally the only time you need numbers* is when you're solving something without a closed form solution. It's a moot point because you wont do that by hand on a test.

*yeah, no shit some numbers creep in, like exponents and fractions from integration. That's not something you'd ever need to use a calculator for

Actually, for linear, you're supposed to look out for patterns. We had a test question that was finding the determinant of a big ass matrix. The solution was to row reduce like twice to uncover a triangular matrix who's diagonal can be multiplied together to find the determinant. Much easier than making a million little calculations with a calculator

you don't need to use numbers at all in a physics lecture
the physics lab is a different thing though

Thing is with a calculator you could solve that in the amount of time it takes you to input it

Genius
The opposite is true, dumbass

>destroying a texas instrument
aren't those bitches 300 bucks?

That's an 18 dollar model

google.com/search?q=ti 30xs&client=firefox-b-1-ab&source=lnms&tbm=shop&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwickKCl8rXaAhUEON8KHebxCgwQ_AUICigB&biw=1440&bih=796#spd=17394754341032322351

lol, how many whistle-blowers lose their careers?

how many get another career?

Germany reporting in, only scientific calculators are allowed not graphic ones

we need to calculate everything on the 4th number behind the comma at university level here

>In highschool everyone wanted me to program the quadratic formula on their calculator
Pathetic, literally any scientific calculator can calculate quadratics already.

don't worry you'll pay off trump's debt when you're still working at his age

so they are allowed to actually use a calculator on a test
and they STILL cant pass?

what the fuck is she gonna google? an online calculator!?! LMAO

Attached: 1492143665826.jpg (256x353, 61K)

It's a good thing then that the 30Xs isn't a graphing calculator then.

>Trump's debt

Attached: pqafkb6d9ba01.jpg (645x729, 49K)

>minimum wage burger flipper needing to know algebra
Honestly not even sure why that's mandatory.

Attached: 1520219884398.png (1000x1000, 170K)

>tfw you have both dyslexia and dyscalculia
>still somehow graduate with a compsci degree

Attached: 1492048955770.jpg (407x430, 42K)