All proprietary software could be compromise since you cant read the source code Jow Forums

all proprietary software could be compromise since you cant read the source code Jow Forums

Attached: 1523509699568.jpg (953x960, 106K)

i can read the Assembly code tho.

I can tell it already compromised your grammar.

>implying anyone actually shifts through every line of code in everything they install

All FOSS could be compromised if you don't read and understand all of the source code before compiling it yourself with a compiler you've also verified.

All opensource software could be compromise(sic) since nobody - including the fucking author - reads their damn shitty source code Jow Forums.

Attached: 1518423517917.gif (412x229, 1.76M)

all open source software could be compromise since you don't read the source code
all open source software could be compromise since you don't understand the source code

That's nonsense your computer can read the code therefore you can read it too.

Attached: 1522319809150.jpg (600x600, 32K)

implying every single processor made after the 70s doesn't have built in nsa botnets

citation needed

But most people do exactly that.

I'm too stupid to actually understand any source code so either way I'm taking someone's word for it that the program is safe.

Attached: 1457191330061.jpg (960x720, 104K)

I know a guy who audits everything he runs, but do you?

Then why does no one fork windows?

Ken Thompson hack.

You have a weird idea of what most people do. Most people don't even bother to read the license agreement.

Because license agreements. Being able to read and modify assembly - with the help of great debug symbols in the case of Windows - doesn't let you make a fork project without being sued.

WTF are you talking about.
You have to check the "read and approved" box. Are you implying that most people are liars ?

Absolutely. Nobody reads that crap. Almost everybody just checks the box because installation will not continue without it, and goes on with life.

Checking the box is still agreeing to it. A contract is still legal and valid if you sign it without reading it first.

You just have to share it and no matter what Windows does, it will always be up and reachable just as office