/spg/ - Smartphone General

Anime is Okay Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Software Recommendations
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/List_of_recommended_Android_software

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

Recent News:
>Piper Jaffray survey finds that 82% of teens own an Apple iPhone
phonearena.com/news/piper-jaffray-teen-survey-shows-growth-in-iPhone-use_id103962

>Instagram introduces new portrait mode & mention sticker in Stories
phonearena.com/news/Instagram-introduces-focus-to-stories_id103964

>Google Assistant rolling out to the Google Pixel C
xda-developers.com/google-assistant-rolling-out-to-the-google-pixel-c/

>Android P may bring wallpaper support to the Google Pixel 2/2 XL’s Always on Display
xda-developers.com/google-pixel-2-always-on-display-wallpaper-android-p/

Previous:

Attached: anime_girl_mobile_phones_94245_3840x2160.jpg (3840x2160, 2.57M)

Other urls found in this thread:

techrankup.com/best-mid-range-smartphones-2018.php
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-5-plus-global
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I just orderer a xiaomi redmi 5 plus for 150 dollars is that good or I just fucked myself?

You did fuck yourself yeah.

When is the REDMI NOTE 5 comming to EUROPE i am waiting for that fucking phone for 2 months now!??!?!?

Nokia Comeback NOW?

Attached: IMG_20180413_021251.png (1154x675, 122K)

Late April to mid May

Chilled on my oneplus X for two year but its age is showing. Any recommendations for phones around the $350 mark? Also fine with buying used phones

country/carrier, wanted features, size?

Sweden tele2, long battery life, android 6 or 7, removable storage, nanosim, 5,5 to 6 inches

My Galaxy s6 broke a while back and I am tired of my shitty 30 dollar phone. I am in the US and I am with MetroPCS. My budget is anything below 150 dollars. All I really want is a phone that has decent resolution (above 720p) and doesn't die after 3 hours. I prefer 6+ hours of battery life.

Whenever I enable USB debugging, my phone constantly enters into a loop of trying to send an email and then crashing as soon as it opens the email client

Any insight?

Sounds strange...

Nokia 6 2018 and 7 Plus are coming out soon, worth a look. Huawei / Honor midrange phones (Mate 10 Lite, P20 Lite, Honor 9 Lite etc.) are also decent for the price.

Not sure if you have Xiaomi phones available but if you do I'd check out Mi A1, Redmi 5 Plus and Redmi Note 4. Redmi Note 5 is also launching soon globally.

s5 new is like $160 on amazon.

No new phone will beat the CupWithString form factor. FACT

>Piper Jaffray survey finds that 82% of teens own an Apple iPhone
Maybe in Japan becasue even in America the % isn't that hight and even less in EU.

redmi 5 plus

It is the US, but it's 82% among teens, not the whole population. Overall the % is not that high.

Attached: kantar-october-december-2017.jpg (1200x998, 267K)

Japan truly is retard central.

I've been there and the japs are incredibly tech illiterate.

Is nexus 5 still relevant?

no

Thoughts on Xiami Redmi Note 5A?

anyone else waiting for redmi note 5 global

so is dbrand the goto for skins?
think i'm done with using a case for my s9, at least until i can buy a lot of them for cheap.

Nuke the fuck out of every partition and flash a verified stock ROM.
Your phone has aids.

i can see that 2bqh. the high school aged relatives i have are all mostly iphonefags.
as an unwashed android user since the htc dream, never got the appeal.
guess the ipods were ok, but even with mp3 players i always used an alternative one.

What's a relatively cheap phone with an amazing camera? I'm so fucking tired of these potato cameras from cheap shit chink phones.

If I can get a S9+ for $650, would it be worth it or are you still overpaying for a phone? I haven't had a Samsung phone since the Note 2

Just got a Note 8. Any tip or app recommendations?

That's good for an S9 yeah.

it's for around $1100 here so I would get

its here under name redmi 5 plus but mi A1 is better anyway

techrankup.com/best-mid-range-smartphones-2018.php

If you're already using it and nothing is broken - Nexus 5 is a perfectly fine device that doesn't need to be replaced yet. The only thing you should do is install LineageOS, because official software updates were discontinued in 2016.

But I wouldn't recommend getting Nexus 5 now, especially since you can't find it new in a box anymore.

Just learned that my new Nokia 2 is going to get official Oreo update with Android Go optimizations. Feels good since it's a $100 phone.

What the hell is Android Go

Slimmed down gApps designed to be less RAM hungry and take up (allegedly) 50% less storage.

Designed for old / underpowered phones.

Lumia 1020 / 950

He's talking about the SD636 Note 5

Good luck getting one on stock tough. If I'm going to buy one I'm going to wait a while so they get to 100€ or the A2 comes out.

Whats your opinion on Oneplus 3T? Worth it for £300?

Would it be better to buy the mi A1, or a used flagship phone from a couple years ago (galaxy s7, Nexus 6p)?

galaxy s7 looks like a steal to me atm, A1 has that headphone jack issue

Looking for an unlocked phone at $300. Can anyone point me the right way

Wait for SD 636 Redmi Note 5 or a SD 630 Moto G6 if you're a burger and want 4G LTE, or buy today a Galaxy S7 off Amazon, Aliexpress a Redmi Note 4 or drop by a BestGoy for a Moto G5 plus if you're a burger

Yes, i am for Burgerland and have metropcshit which is the worst

Dude what are you doing just get T Mobile. $50/month unlimited everything.

Do I need 256GB storage? Do I even need 128GB?

how much shit do you want to store? I've got over 128GB of Mp3 320s for my SD card

Fuck the phone I want doesn't have microSD slot. Definitely going 256GB then..

I use 15 gb and most of them are pics or videos I took so for me, 128 is way more than enough

Is there some interesting phone coming "soon" beside vivo apex?
I need a new phone because my current one is slow as fuck but I can wait if something really cool is near, if not I am going with the mi mix 2s.

Attached: file.png (859x600, 415K)

256gb and running out of space

My S7 is holding on for dear life. It's charging port is basically done, as I have to wiggle the cable and hold it still if I want it to charge. Also the glass over the camera lens shattered somehow, I didn't even notice it until after it happened.
I'm with T-Mobile and can do their jump on demand offer to switch to the S9.

What are Jow Forums's opinions on the S9 now that it's been out a while? Pros and cons? It's between that or the iPhone X which I actually don't want.

Attached: ling.jpg (4928x3264, 1014K)

souce?

anyone got a moto x4? thinking of picking one up in the near future.

don't own one, but the other day a ton of the fa/g/goys picked up an S9, it's more or less Jow Forums certified as the best flagship

iPhone SE is like 100$ with MetroPieaceOF Shit

I had an s7 before I owned the iphone 10.

I've been really disappointed. I probably would just wait until the G7 releases.

i did that switch, i like it very much.
once you get past the no custom ROMs stumbling block, you'll like the phone. might want a case or skin though because this shit is slippery when wet.

The G7 has bezels AND a notch. It's probably the worst design Ive ever seen

Can anything be done about irresponsive power/volume buttons?

repair them

if you can't do it yourself take it to a local phone/electronics repair shop

Is OLED good or is it a mistake?

Thoughts on Essential PH-1. Obviously a commercial failure, but I got one and like it quite a bit. Clean OS and design with no branding.

Holy shit that screenshot makes it look so unappealing. Knock off iPhone looking trash.

My Nexus 6P shat the bed with the whole bootloop thing a while back. What's the best phone I can get for about 250-300 bucks? Something with an OLED screen preferably. I'm open to buying used.

why would anyone buy this

Attached: a6385d0fgy1fq955go9xlj20qo0nsq3t.jpg (960x856, 45K)

its a phone for a niche market,razer gets a monopoly there and they decide to shake it up
i think its quite smart
for example look at Oppo or Vivo,they know that they have nothing really good going for them so they made a phone with a 24 mp front camera

Attached: 201803140230439886.jpg (590x450, 29K)

Im buying myself a smartphone, I'm between two phones of similar specs, main difference is one is high-range and has the Snapdragon 835, while the other is mid-range has a Snapdragon 625.
However, that's pretty much literally it - but the difference in price is some 250USD.
So, what's so good about the snapdragon 835 (and the 800s in general) and what am I missing out if I buy the phone with the 625 (or the 600s in general)?
Is there anything worthwhile about the high-end phones or it's just a status thing?

>inb4 chinkphone

Yeah I originally thought about buying myself a Xiaomi or similar chinkphone, but those fuckers aren't compatible with the 4G LTE network here.

>those fuckers aren't compatible with the 4G LTE network here
where is "here"
>So, what's so good about the snapdragon 835 (and the 800s in general) and what am I missing out if I buy the phone with the 625 (or the 600s in general)?
835 is like 2-3x faster than the 625

>2.5 year old mid-range phone, bought SIM-free, still working perfectly
>hoping for at least another 2.5
>cheap SIM deal

feelscomfyman

Attached: 1523462995599.jpg (499x499, 41K)

Been meaning to upgrade my phone since i have a galaxy s5 with a cracked as fuck screen. Honestly though other than the occasional call all i really use it for is as a faplet and a mobile Jow Forums machine.

Whats the cheapest phone to upgrade to? Lazy me would just get an s9 but cheapass me would rather use the cash tomake my gaymen set up better

a 625 will run 1080p games at full blast unless they're seriously resource intense (WOT blitz, Minecraft at Max chunks in the overworld)

an 835 should kick the tar out of that stuff

Nokia 8 is pretty good.

>all mix 2s units sold out in two minutes again
when the fuck will they have consistent stock, I want it cheaper than $120 markup

Which is so weird, because everyone thinks of Japan as tech central.

>gaymen
>faplet
>mobile Jow Forums machine
all mobileposters must hang

it's funny how Germany, France and Italy are alike
And GB, America and Australia are alike

Bongs truly aren't Europeans. Beware the Eternal (((Anglo)))...

Attached: 1521986305726.jpg (666x455, 96K)

Wait for nokia 9 or xz3 i

>having a problen with gaymen
>not wanting to fap in comfort on your couch
>not wanting to shit post on the go

What are you some kind of faggot

Getting a new phone tomorrow, any suggestions?
Service I have is Verizon. Battery no longer chargers and the port is completely broken, so it's time.

It's all planned obsolescence anyway.

just getting wireless charging now even though last phone i had for the past 2 years had it as well.
it's pretty neat.

>t. triggered g*rman

Attached: 1519747181588.png (490x714, 110K)

Moto X4
Honor 9
Nokia 8

Do you own any Red products? Will you buy the Red iPhone 8 Plus?

i will buy it if its 500 bucks
otehrwise no

Gemini PDA

from where????????????

why is the mi a1 better?

going to get a pixel 2 xl, convince me otherwise

Attached: 1522463957838.jpg (640x480, 126K)

Nah it's a good phone

Does that have a penis? Asking for a friend

OnePlus 5T is better in every way other than screen res, and is much cheaper
You're throwing your money down the drain

Will the Mix 2S get cheaper within a month? Right now the $526 model is about $620 from resellers. Wondering if I should buy it now so it gets here sooner or wait

Is the original Google Pixel worth it or should I just wait until Pixel 2 prices drop (I'd be getting the small one, not the XL, because lol screen)

kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-5-plus-global

Wait until pixel 3
It will use a cold snapdragon processor

black shark unveil soon

Attached: 006Wz5kbly1fqaug3ituhj30u01hchdt.jpg (1080x1920, 1.62M)