'Fuchsia Is Not Linux'

'Fuchsia Is Not Linux': Google Publishes Documentation Explaining Their New OS

>You've probably seen mentions of the Fuchsia operating system here and there since it has been in development for almost 2 years. It's Google's not-so-secretive operating system which many speculate will eventually replace Android.

linux.slashdot.org/story/18/04/11/221259/fuchsia-is-not-linux-google-publishes-documentation-explaining-their-new-os

Holy shit. This is absolutely amazing. Google is finally replacing the Linux cancer with their own kernel. I really can't wait for this to happen. Imagine the mass suicide of freetards, once their garbage finally is back where it belongs, on Servers and Fridges.

THANK YOU BASED GOOGLE

Attached: fuchsia-12.jpg (1000x594, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7GUmmZED8dM
9to5google.com/2018/04/06/fuchsia-friday-graphics-gaming-and-vr-oh-my/
businessinsider.com/microsoft-earns-2-billion-per-year-from-android-patent-royalties-2013-11
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Freeloaders on suicide watch

Attached: ryEEYQ8.png (640x635, 2.11M)

Android wasn't Linux anyways. All real Linux mobile OS like Ubuntu failed miserably.

>mobile OS like Ubuntu failed miserably

Just like on the desktop then...

>microkernel
doomed to fail

Because?

You know Minix3 is one of the most used OSes in the world?

Nope it won't. It will run on billions of mobile devices.

>implying suddenly everyone will drop android and start porting their stuff to this new(tm) system that nobody uses yet

>eventually replace
>don't hold your hand over your ass.
Although this is a good thing. Android has been giving Linux a bad name for too long already.

Fuchsia will replace Android. Maybe not suddenly but it will happen eventually.

Yay. Another flavor of 'nix for shitty mobile devices. PowerShell is probably further from cmd that this crap is from anyone else's snowflake distro.

Android has been giving Linux a name.

I'd rather something like Debian on a phone. My android phone is fine until it breaks though.

>Y-yeah hehe. I never liked the mainstream distribution of Linux anyways. It's better when the kernel goes back where it belongs, in to the hands of Autists ans special snowflakes.

Please, this is absolute what I, and every normal person wants. Autists can have their riced Loonix, and every sane person uses real operating system like Windows or Mac OS. But please stop pretending Linux will ever more than a niche. So stop with the friendly Linux threads here, because the year of the Linux desktop isn't coming and never will.

The truth hurts my fried.

Attached: 1463427330649.jpg (510x356, 33K)

We heard this song and dance before, to replace Android fushia needs to be better than Android, but as this is Google product and anything google does on their own, fails.

Google search failed?

No, it was AdSense. Oh, hang on...

tru

Funny thing is, Google wasn't made by Google.

>Google is finally replacing the Linux
Just wait(tm)

Attached: 1520996594540.gif (320x240, 1.99M)

It was made by Facebook.

not interested

Google search engine was made before Company Google was created.

...by the Google founders

>BSD license
will this be the end of custom roms?
not only will you have binary blob drivers, you'll also have to deal with proprietary kernel patches

Of course not user, it's an OS that uses the Linux kernel, or as I like to call it, Android/Java/Linux

not by Google, tho.

Kinda like you have to now.

a pointless distinction

Nah, you just don't get nuance.

>Fuchsia will replace Android. Maybe not suddenly but it will happen eventually.
How do you know this? The only implementation of it so far is a half functioning website.

It was only Linux when freetards wanted to crow about their near-zero market penetration into real computing.

you can't just modify GPL code and keep the changes proprietary
modules are "okay" because they're not derivative works of the kernel

Well, you can, it's just that you're ideologically blinded enough to not see the difference between "can't" and "not allowed". Trust me, for the rare times anyone important has to use GPL code, we have dozens of ways of circumventing it.

Attached: 3b6de54198b7490584b34ed15ae2a55df1444bb3db6a974217080598ccac504e.gif (500x276, 888K)

Thanks for the (You) - and a decent reaction GIF to boot.

Google actually does that.
With their web apps.

I will surely trust you, anonymous totally-not-a-bsd-shill "expert" on the internet

>mass suicide of freetards
Zircon is destine to become the kernel of GNU

Google and GNU will fuse into one

Attached: Richard_Stallman_-_Fête_de_l'Humanité_2014_-_010.jpg (3456x5184, 3.42M)

GNU is the worst part of GNU/Linux.
Android already replaced the GNU part.

This triggers the autists.

Good, good. Yes, go on your merry way, and don't tell any of your masters what you've read today.

>The only implementation of it so far is a half functioning website.
Are you drunk or dumb? That's a mockup of how the UI works made by someone not involved in the project.

Here's it running on the latest pixelbook
youtube.com/watch?v=7GUmmZED8dM

No it hasn't. How many normies know that android uses linux, let alone care?

Nice lag. Samsung can't replace android with their own system, because the investors wants to minimize the risk as a radically new os would be a great chance for apple (or ms) for a comeback. It would be ok for IoT, but even linux foundation have a system for that, that isn't linux and supported by embedded fags.

Attached: 1520977763563.gif (327x400, 361K)

He's actually right - all that exposure it gave Linux meant that hackers got to learn a lot about its attack surface. That's where all the million-customer-details-stolen hacks we've had over the last few years came from.

People who actually knew what they were talking about spent years trying to explain to the FOSS world that they were running on security through obscurity... but oh no, they knew better.

Stop the bs and hack the Pixel 2 for high bug bounties. Oh wait... you can't.

This thread glows in the dark.

> smartphones
> real computing
> servers
> garbage
Why are you on Jow Forums, I wonder.

Remember when everyone started using Google+? It's totally gonna happen again with Fuchsia.

Nah, you're just an autistic pedant

Learn to read.

Google will just stop developing Android.
Fuchsia will be compatible with Android apps. Android runtime doesn't entirely depend on Android itself, and has already been run on other operating systems.

Nah, I'll stick with Windows were the payoff in every single way is higher.

Attached: 1523506731563.jpg (562x437, 54K)

>Fuchsia’s graphics engine, Scenic, instead creates a 3D scene, representing everything happening on your computer, then uses a virtual “camera” to create a 2D representation.

>To power Fuchsia’s rich 3D experience, Google could have tapped the tried and tested OpenGL, the industry standard for cross-platform 3D graphics for decades. Instead, the Fuchsia team have chosen to rely solely on Vulkan

9to5google.com/2018/04/06/fuchsia-friday-graphics-gaming-and-vr-oh-my/

Yeah right, ChromeOS also was a success, right.
I can't think of an actual successful product by Google made in recent years besides Android.

the whole reason they're bothering with this at all is because they want something permissive instead of copyleft so that they can then take it closed-source. They want more leverage over device makers.

FUCK CIA

t. google

The FOSS ecosystem is a thorn in the side of anyone who actually wants to make money.

Attached: 1517189740695.jpg (125x62, 2K)

Does go count? Does chromecast count?

That's not a bug, that's a feature.

Then stop this "security through obscurity" bullshit. An android phone can be hacked because it's basically an abandonware since qualcomm drops the support of every SoC after 2 year by default. Most exploits are mostly drivers (blobs) related.

I know. Every weird thing in FOSS is actually "expected behaviour". The problem is, people who actually want to be compensated fairly don't like this for some reason.

>implying any real Jow Forumsentoomen will jump over to the botnet

Elaborate or kys

Attached: 1523425283472.jpg (407x546, 74K)

>People genuinely excited for the latest "Please track literally everything I do, everything I say, everything I look at, everywhere I go and everyone I go there with" OS

Are you all fucking insane?

>doesn't understand the basics of economics
Yeah, like I'm going to elaborate to something like you.

And they bought Android, they didn't make it.

>2/10
Have a (You)

I have a 10 year-old BlackBerry for this very reason.

Red Hat is literally making billions with free code, but please go on.

But they're really good if you ignore that part.

What other thing can hold all the kowledge of the world in 6" space with camera, note taking, recording, video recording, call functions, wifi hotpost functions etc.

It's a price mass majority is willing to pay.

Most people on Jow Forums do use windows

Meanwhile even MS embraced FOSS. You basically live in the 80's and being brainwahed by sweat Billy's open letter.

This is great news for all of open source!

It was a "OMGAppleAreGoingToOwnTheWholeMarketWeNeedToJamOurFootInTheDoor" moment. They really had no choice other than to pull some freebie off the shelf.

and microsoft is making BILLIONS with closed

>Loonix BTFO

Attached: frog867.jpg (699x485, 69K)

>t. tinfoil hat
Nah, I don't use cp as a form of currency user. I don't have anything to fear since I don't break the law on a regular basis.

>I don't need privacy, privacy is only for criminals!

You fucking disgust me because you do not have any understanding of what it is you're giving away, which wouldn't be a problem except that you're giving away the freedom of others AND advocating for more to give it away.
You are the very definition of a useful idiot.

>I don't have anything to fear since I don't break the law on a regular basis.
Not an argument

It stops you from making money by rent-seeking or exploiting your customers, but it doesn't stop you from making money by providing an actual service. Most businesses are only interested in the former, though.

Microsoft revenue: US$90 billion.
Red Hat revenue: US$3 billion.

Jesus, I wonder which model I should use...

>Holy shit. This is absolutely amazing. Google is finally replacing the Linux cancer with their own kernel.

Jesus.

Attached: 1523514539826.png (1063x1200, 2.16M)

They sell their privacy in the exchange for other functions, they acknowledge it, it is 2018, they're informed that they're watched on, they simply value other aspects over it

microsoft
>actually develop your own OS, tech, and spend on R&D

redhat
>just let other people do the work for you

Small price to pay to have 30 times the revenue and 100 times the profit, if you ask me.

Yes, but at what expense?

>company with multiple decades of market dominance
>company that's only been relevant for about ten years

Microsoft revenue from
>Windows Phone
0$
>Android
businessinsider.com/microsoft-earns-2-billion-per-year-from-android-patent-royalties-2013-11

>They sell their privacy in the exchange for other functions, they acknowledge it

Absolutely 100% fine, they agree to sell whatever of theirs they want, no problem.
However, They aren't only selling their own info are they? They're selling the info of everyone around them, everyone they know.
Every picture you tag someone else in, every update where you list the people you're with and what you're doing, is an assault against their privacy. You say they know what they are doing, I say they do not understand the consequences.

>We heard this song and dance before, to replace Internet Explorer, Chrome needs to be better than Internet Explorer, but as this is Google product and anything google does on their own, fails.

Yes, they are security risks like that. I have raised
>They're selling the info of everyone around them, everyone they know.
This point in IRL discussions too but they just scoff at the remark, that I did not consent to this and treat me as an autist (maybe I'm)

Very intelligen point my sir.

Will it have a built in android VM?

Attached: 1440421936208.jpg (640x560, 58K)

That's a very generous 'used'